• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Memo to JON and your "event manager"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I really dont like God Save the Queen. And I dont think I'm alone on that one.

Seriously you guys need to let go. Become a republic. It worked for SA. We got rid of a lot of our emotional baggage when it comes to the Poms. They want to look after their Queen and that's their business. At least it's short and sweet. Imagine it went on as long as the Argie anthem.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Seriously you guys need to let go. Become a republic. It worked for SA. We got rid of a lot of our emotional baggage when it comes to the Poms. They want to look after their Queen and that's their business. At least it's short and sweet. Imagine it went on as long as the Argie anthem.

I don't dislike it for Australian concerns. When I hear the anthem I can't help but think of Kitchener opening up the guns on the masses at Khartoum.

Ah well. It's just a song, after all!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

How do you blokes do it. A republic that competes at the Commonwealth Games. :)

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
welsh for me. but that woman could sing the phone book to me and i'd probably vote it as the best thing i ever heard ;)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Will you be running your man in the womens' hurdles?

He runs the 800.

If he was a hurdler he'd blow his cover coz his goolies would hang out every time he jumps.

(Seriously it's a fucken man. What are they blind? Dude forgot to shave in an interview I saw last week).

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm just going to write "I disagree" every time Semenya comes up, OK?

And the best anthem is the French, followed by the Yanks. The 18th century was a great time to become a republic.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
this was my school teams official song

[video=youtube;YgynbFoA9to]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgynbFoA9to[/video]

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I know we're getting off topic here, but this is one of the great SSB renditions I've heard. It helps that I like the band he was in too.

[video=youtube;my_xQ67q_mY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my_xQ67q_mY[/video]

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Can't go past Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau at Cardiff Arms Park (or Millenium Stadium) with Bryn Terfel leading the charge.

That 1990 version of Flower of Scotland goes close though. John Jeffries, Finlay Calder and David Sole would have slit the Poms throats that day. And did you see the reaction of the Poms out of the corner of screen - looking like rabbits in the headlights....

Actually the best rugby song ever is 'World in Union' with Shirley Bassey and Bryn Terfel at the 1999 World Cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9s3xiFI4Ns&feature=related

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I remember the game well, Lance. Scotland were up for it, big time. They had a very good team back then too: Calder, Sole, Jeffrey, Hastings, Stainger et al. I met Findlay Calder once, as a spotty teenager during the 1989 Lions tour. A really nice bloke, BTW.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Uhm, the games are for countires who are or were part of the CW.

But ask the Queen. We just do what we're told. ;)

Na, all cool Blue. If logic was to set in we may end up losing that public holiday in June for the lady who was born in April. ;)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Playing for London French, we had our own version of La Marseillaise:

"A Frenchman went to the lavatry, for to have a jolly good shit shit shit
He pulled his pants and trousers down, so that he could revel in it it it
But when he reached for the paper, he saw that someone had been there before
OU EST, LA PAPIER?
OU EST LA PAPIER?
MONSIEUR, MONSIEUR, JE FAIT MANURE
OU EST LA PAPIER?"

Sang it at a reception of a sevens tournament we played in Montpelier where the Alicadoos of the Montpelier club were in Blazers etc.
Went down like a sack of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.