• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Men behaving badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
As did I - but he would have had to play union before 1908 if he played a rugby code and, though I dont know, I suspect that to begin with league existed only for adults and 1st grade at that - he might have been playing with adults when he was 16.
The fact that a Telegraph article doesn't mention an element of detail is an unsound basis on which to assume anything - you'll see that the article is attributed to the tele at the top.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
He committed crimes including drive by shootings whilst wearing his Easts jersey... So many comments but best to leave that there...

S

spooony

As did I - but he would have had to play union before 1908 if he played a rugby code and, though I dont know, I suspect that to begin with league existed only for adults and 1st grade at that - he might have been playing with adults when he was 16.
The fact that a Telegraph article doesn't mention an element of detail is an unsound basis on which to assume anything - you'll see that the article is attributed to the tele at the top.
Bernard Hugh (Barney) Dalton (1891–1929) was a rugby league player In the Australian competition – the New South Wales Rugby League. He was born in 1891 in Sydney.

A winger, Dalton played for the Eastern Suburbs club side in the years (1910–12) and (1914–15). He was a member of Eastern Suburbs first premiership winning side that defeated Glebe in the final of the competition in 1911, and backed up the following season in 1912 as Easts took their second title. The winger was also a member of the Easts' sides that won City Cups in 1914 and 1915.

Dalton played 61 first grade games for the Eastern Suburbs – Sydney Roosters and scored 16 tries and 3 goals in his first grade career.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_Dalton

There you go

Isn't that why God invented girlfriends?
Let me tell you a little story. In the year 584, in Lyon, France, 43 Catholic bishops and 20 men representing other bishops came together to decide if woman were human. After a lengthy debate they took a vote.
The results were 32 yes, 31 no. Women were declared human by one vote.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
And aren't all you guys lucky. . . otherwise it would be declared beastiality andbe agaisnt the teachings of the bible. ;)

Back to Dalton - Why did he miss 1913? Jail?

S

spooony

And aren't all you guys lucky. . . otherwise it would be declared beastiality andbe agaisnt the teachings of the bible. ;)

Back to Dalton - Why did he miss 1913? Jail?
I would suspect so. I think it would be for desertion of the GOA or for a crime but I did found this of him. He seemed like one crazy bloke

REVOLVERS AT A FOOTBALL MATCH.
A LINE UMPIRE FINED. Sydney, May 20.

At the Paddington Police Court" to-day Bernard Dalton (31), electrician, was charged with having used indecent language at a football match between the
Olympia and Glebe teams at Centennial Fark on Saturday, and with having had an unlicenced revolver in his possession. Constable Robinson said when he pursued Dalton through the grounds the latter pulled a revolver from his pocket and asked some one to "grab it." The constable had to draw a revolver for self protection. Constable Findlay stated that Dalton, who was line umpire in the match, turned a somersault when the Olympians scored their first try and the revolver then fell out of his pocket. Dalton said Line Umpire Coogan had been knocked down and kicked and he had taken Coogan's place. He did not have the revolver, but he saw a Glebe supporter strike Coogan with a revolver. James Coogan, Line umpire, said he was felled by a blow from behind, and while on the ground was threatened with a revolver. The magistrate fined Dalton 10/ for indecent language and £10 for being in possession of an unlicenced revolver.
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/36671508

Funny woman was the main mobsters and masterminds with bootlegging and selling coke

he wouldnt have just started playing first grade for easts.
I bet he played union as a kid
Probably. He must have played sometime union but it was not recorded nor significant by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.