• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Academy 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
I watched Will Skelton in training two weeks ago when the Sydney players came to Brisbane to train. He can jump now - still got work to do but that aspect is not going to stop him playing as a lock.

Can't comment on his abilities as a jumper in the past but the Academy only started in November so I doubt all his development has come in that short time.

This was the first time I'd seen him and he's got a good body shape for a lock. I understand his body shape has changed in the last tweleve months.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Maybe they should have let [Skelton] join another club who place importance on helping players develop
Who is "they" and what does "let" mean? I don't think "they" insisted that he played anywhere in particular. I even suspect that he chose which club to go to himself.

Love 'em or hate 'em I don't know of any other club who places more importance on developing players than Sydney Uni does. I think most players who have gone through the mill there would agree.

The only negative I have heard is that Uni delays moving lads from Colts to Grade more than other clubs do. I know of a few lads who have left Uni to get into Grade quicker. Ben Seymour of Manly, who now has a Force contract, is one.

ruggers33

Frank Row (1)
I thought Stolberg looked athletic after missing majority of last season from injury. Very nice kick off take midway through the third quarter, looking like a good Oz U20s prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.