• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Carter a Queenslander? Of course he is, Quirindi's halfway between Narrabri and Bowraville on the (revised Queensland) map. Didn't someone shift the border a coupla year ago... :cool:

Same one that puts Izzy Folau in the QLD Orrrjun team.

T

TOCC

Whats that say about NSW if all those players are wanting to represent Queensland?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
That it's rugby league organisation doesn't want to bend the rules to pick an origin side?
Just a guess.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That it's rugby league organisation doesn't want to bend the rules to pick an origin side?
Just a guess.

Sure I've seen a "That's in NSW" vid featuring James Tamou etc but can't find it on YouTube. Admittedly NSW are probably less guilty of bending the State lines but it's only a matter of degree & their having a much bigger player base is also a factor.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So, a bit of bile floating around from the "NSW GETS EVERYTHING!" crowd about how the Rams got 5 Wallabies and they don't.

Well, quite frankly, suck it.

Western Sydney - and nowhere else - is the biggest untapped vein of rugby talent in the country and needs to be captured as soon as possible. Its not like those guys are even going to rack up more than a couple of games each while TRC is happening. Maybe a few at the end.

So let's all move right along

R

Redsfan

Full squads will apparently be announced on August 1, or at least that's when the Reds are announcing where their players will be headed.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
My understanding is that all teams had control over where they played their games, which makes me think that the Adelaide game is a RugbyWA initiative..

And that there would be some form of Quid Pro Quo involved - usually dirty lacre (dollars)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Assigning Kuridrani and To'omua to the Rams and Eagles (respectively) is a little odd, but obviously there's a limit on how many Wallabies are given to each squad (5?), and in the end it means fuck all as they're unlikely to play in the NRC...........

And I'd assume that Moore might've been pencilled in with the Vikings before injury, and it's rather likely Speight or To'omua will be put there with the other assigned to a team like the Eagles...........

Speight might actually play a couple of games for Vikings before he's eligible, unless Link wants him wrapped in cotton wool?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There's a limit of 4 'free' Wallabies per squad. After that they start to count as a member of the squad (so the Rams should have one less other player in their squad).

To'omua makes reasonable sense being aligned with NSW Country Eagles given he played several seasons with Eastern Suburbs.

T

Train Without a Station

Was that before or after he graduated from Brisbane State High, QLD and Aus Schoolboys BH?

I do understand you are joking though.

If he has chosen to be linked there because he feels he has a connection to Easts that's fair enough, but if he has been assigned it based on them being his SS Club probably somehow related to him being in the Brumbies system then I think it's poor to link him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think he played for Easts between 2008 and 2011. It wasn't like it was a short stint.

It stopped in 2012 when the Brumbies got their players to play locally.

Certainly the Canberra team and the Easts aligned team are the two that make by far the most sense for To'omua.

T

Train Without a Station

Regardless, at least we're arguing about where players who won't play anyway are "aligned" and not whether or not Australia needs this competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.