• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
After using this my browser sped up noticeably - and it fucking had to on this third-world bullshit connection I have.

Telstra haven't performed maintenance for years, using the excuse that the NBN is coming.

T

TOCC

Right!!! I'm only taking that on face value but if accurate it's quite incredible. Imagine if the ARU weren't reliant on Fox they could have possibily manage a similar arrangement for the NRC.

Fox are essentially bankrolling the NRC though...
They took a punt when no other broadcaster would..

I really hope it gets picked up by a FTA network in the future, but it sounds as though it's been signed up to Foxtel for the next 5 years..

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Fox are essentially bankrolling the NRC though.
They took a punt when no other broadcaster would..

I really hope it gets picked up by a FTA network in the future, but it sounds as though it's been signed up to Foxtel for the next 5 years..

That's evidently the case. Part of the new deal that we'll eventually hear more about. Sometime in the hopefully not too distant future.

T

TOCC

I remember reading that part of the initial 2 year contract was that Foxtel had an option for a further 5.. It sounds a little ridiculous, but i guess it comes with the territory of providing money when no other broadcast would

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I remembered seeing something like that. Interesting to see how they came up with that figure.

I vaguely recall something like this from a few years back on some funny looking ratings numbers.

It might be possible to get creative. For argument's sake, say figures are recorded for each 30 minute slot. You've got something that spans two hours (4 slots x 50k) and, Voila! 200k!

n.b. I just made up those numbers for shits and giggles. Can't add shed light on anything real.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I vaguely recall something like this from a few years back on some funny looking ratings numbers.

It might be possible to get creative. For argument's sake, say figures are recorded for each 30 minute slot. You've got something that spans two hours (4 slots x 50k) and, Voila! 200k!

n.b. I just made up those numbers for shits and giggles. Can't add shed light on anything real.

You might be on to something there.

T

TOCC

I don't believe there were 10k at the Shute Shield final either.

Im sure i heard the announcer mention around 4k or 5k, because i remember thinking it was strange that the Queensland Premier Grade GF drew a larger crowd.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Just saw of FB supposedly over 200,000 viewers watched the Shute Shield final.

https://m.facebook.com/WestHarbourR...3741825.27413251583/10153630035006584/?type=1

I had read that Ch 7 had been pleased by the figures but that's impressive. Really annoys me that the NRC isn't getting similar exposure.

Shute has how many years behind it, it was a cracking game of rugby to.
To think 8 months back it may not even have been on TV.
This is rugby at its best, people getting behind the game and lifting it.
And great work Ch 7, lets go even better next year.

I don't believe there were 10k at the Shute Shield final either.

I was there and thought - gee comparable crowd to a Rats Manly game and that's about 7k ish at Manly. Can anyone advise what each stand holds - that may assist in having a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.