• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National U/16 Championships 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I wasn't aware those two were back at school next year. Yep it should be a good battle for the 8 spot. The other two are not bruisers like Sio but they would have the advantage of experience in Opens rep rugby.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

A good battle indeed. Not to mention a certain Kings no. 8 who was in NSW 16s last year.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
On Timu and Sio: I had the same thoughts about 2011. If there are any better no. 8 school boys in the country than these two next year then Oz Schools will be well served. QUOTE]

Lee - the two players you have mentioned are indeed good prospects. I haven't seen much of Timu but i have seen Sio play on a number of occassions over the past couple of years and he is maturing nicely. He struggled a little early in the year as an U16 playing 1st XV rugby, but by the end of the season he had got to grips nicely with the rigours of Opens rugby. They will however both face some tough competition next year as both Holloway (Waverley) and Wells (Riverview) who both made the Aus Schools Tour this year, and both play #8 as their prefered position, are back at their respective schools next year... Should be a good tussle when Waverley play Trinity :)

I was under the impression that Holloway turned 19 next year.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
On Timu and Sio: I had the same thoughts about 2011. If there are any better no. 8 school boys in the country than these two next year then Oz Schools will be well served. QUOTE]

Lee - the two players you have mentioned are indeed good prospects. I haven't seen much of Timu but i have seen Sio play on a number of occassions over the past couple of years and he is maturing nicely. He struggled a little early in the year as an U16 playing 1st XV rugby, but by the end of the season he had got to grips nicely with the rigours of Opens rugby. They will however both face some tough competition next year as both Holloway (Waverley) and Wells (Riverview) who both made the Aus Schools Tour this year, and both play #8 as their prefered position, are back at their respective schools next year... Should be a good tussle when Waverley play Trinity :)

You can also throw in Dombkins from Auggies

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Caleb Timu was disadvantaged at the Nationals, playing for QLD 1 as a 6. They tried to play him in a position he has never played and in a role that he was not able to showcase his talents as a high work rate power forward.

I am a QLD'er and have watched him rip the GPS apart while starring for Nudgee, not bad for a kid in his first full year of Rugby!! He is a keeper!!

1st full year !!!!! Wow. He is a keeper as you say - so make sure you blokes keep him. He's like bit like Kefu too in the way he runs with the ball. He can run over people or run a few strides at full pace then stutter step to make tacklers watch then run around them.

But can he play cards like Toutai?

A good battle indeed. Not to mention a certain Kings no. 8 who was in NSW 16s last year.

Adam Vilima'a who was in the Kings Twos this year? I'd rate the other fellows higher but who knows from 2010 to 2011 who will be the guy to step up in next year's NSW Open trials. I have seen too much of U/16 trials and tracking the lads to Opens the following year to be dogmatic that so and so from 16's will be "of course" be in the NSW Ones the year after.

I prefer to say something like "If anybody gets picked ahead of Patrick Sio for the NSW Ones in 2011he will be a good player indeed."

He will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.