• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New ARU Contracting post 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
The point about his non participation in trophy winning test sides is relevant in that it speaks to the quality and value of his "experience", which is often brought up (without any explanation) as something valuable that he would be able to contribute, or would have been able to contribute in the last 3 years.

It's not personal criticism of him, it's not saying that we should drop everyone in the current side because they haven't won anything either, it's merely disputing that he would have been a positive contributor post 2011.

It's well documented that he had a bad attitude after being dropped. I don't see how this would have made him a good mentor for the rest of the squad.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What? He carried that Brumbies side in his final season.

Interesting people on here knocking Gits for not winning any trophies. Fuck sake you could say the same about every current player, and some former legends- Sharpie, George Smith etc. 'Yeah they won a Bled in 2002 but what did they win in the last ten years of their career? Fuck all'.

Barbarian, I assume you went to every Brumbies' home game that year as I did to get your insight into his impact on the team. He in no way "carried that Brumbies side.." His form was poor, as was most of the rest of the team; he crabbed sideways even more than KB (Kurtley Beale) does at 10; his game decisions were poor, mostly just aimlessly kicking the ball away when he didn't run sideways.

TBH I don't think he played an outstanding game anywhere or at any time without Bernie at 10 inside him. Their combination at times was exemplary, but he never seemed to replicate his attacking flair without Bernie.

And I am not one who measures a player's success in terms of trophies won.

Status
Not open for further replies.