• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
It actually hurts my brain with the what if's when I think about that player. 2011 Super semi, he's carving up on a sunny day in Bokke Land. This is the future, super titles beckon, the next dynasty, All Black great in the making, the next coming of Cullen, but by then he's already proven to be the raging enigma history will now judge him as so OF COURSE, he limps off in the semi, you fuckiin KNEW he would, Auckland flame out and scuttle off to the Super Cellar where they've dwelled like cross-eyed crippled cockroaches ever since. Won 2 away games in the last years? Or was it 3 from 2? I dont even want to fuckin know.

Incredible too how fine the ministrations are for judging AB careers. Toeava comes up too quick out of the line on D twice in the same half, trytime at other end, and thats all you rememeber for his AB career. Vito once detached too early from a defensive scrum and cops the blame for a try down the other end. What else has he done in black? Fucked if I know but thats all I remmeber and that must've been 5 years ago. Seemingly minor clotfarts in FUCK Major forged indelibly on the brain, while the reels of insane youtube highlights are crossly relegated to somewhere beneath a forgotten staccato symphony of changing shed cattlestops.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
my AB's for Wales, in order of importance (mainly the distance to their next challenger) as I would pencil them in if I was Mr Hansen:

9. Aaron Smith. (subs Chiefs TKB and Weber. TJPerenara can take his panicky spacco shit pass and piss off to the Pitcairns with fuckin Byron for all I care)
5. Samuel Whitelock. iron horse.
10. Cruden
2. Dane Coles (damn Cody Taylor is good too though)
3. Owen Franks
7. Sam Cane
11. Julian Savea
13. Ngatai. (alarmingly high for an uncapped bastard yes and not at 2nd 5 but sorry I still see this guy as having all the tools to play at centre for NZ for the next 10 years. Ain't sold on Fekitoa and his circular headless chook running)
4. Brodie Retallick
8. Kieran Read (captain shouldnt be this far down needs to lift his shit)
14. Ben Smith /Naholo (got a feeling Smith will get shunted here with Skudder out)
1. Joe Moody
6. Jerome Kaino /Luatua/AKIRA IOANE, COME ON BRING ON THE STALLION FFS
15. Beauden Barrett (bench if Naholo's back)
12. Crotty ffs

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
0ee8b63cf89b824c287c9178794101bf.jpg

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think Dismal's squad is pretty close to what we'll see except for Ben Smith at 15 and maybe, just maybe Reiko Ioane at 14. Barrett back to sub, which may rule out D McKenzie.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They'll be wanting a second FB at 14 so IMO it's either shunt Smith & see how DMac goes or leave Bender at 15 & pick the next-best wing/FB. Never thought I'd say this but right now that's probably FABJAM (Future All Black Johnny McNicholl) who I see is possibly off to Scarlets (Kieron Fonotia having already signed for Ospreys). Either way Beaugan has got 23 sown up for the foreseeable but I don't see him as a starting 15 v Tier One opposition.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...mcnicholl-being-chased-by-welsh-club-scarlets

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I still think Fekitoa will get 13. really am quite looking forward to seeing who gets in the squad to start with, and then the games.
Pretty hard to disagree with most of your pics DP, like you first say first 7 you have named pretty well cast in stone, along with Read. Most interest will be in how centre pairing(s) shape up, and if Smith of the B variety moves to wing, and they then play Barrett and have Dmac off the bench. A Ioane won't be there will be in Rio as will his brother, so who will get 6 and the bench spot as lock/loosie cover.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Wob McNicholl is off to Wales at season's end, so no way would he be considered (thank Christ)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ well if it's confirmed then, yes, you'd expect the Piutau Sanction to apply but there's not too many other options ATM. Cory Jane? James Lowe?

EDIT: yup, it's confirmed:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...mcnicholl-being-chased-by-welsh-club-scarlets

Typically OTT headline, the actual quote is, 'McNicholl acknowledges the idea of playing test rugby in Wales holds great appeal, but is cautious about getting too excited about that. "If I do that I would much like to play for Wales. But three years is a long time, so it isn't at the forefront of my mind at the moment." '

BTW I've been semi-following the Club results in the Herald of Doom & see that Athletic have dropped both their matches so far & that there's no Rahui (but both Foxton & Shannon are there so the Battle of the (Foxton-Shannon Rd) Bridge is on! First blood to Foxton, 22-6).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I am sorry but iHomo Fekitoa is not playing like a centre's arsehole. Instead of putting his wingers into space he reduces them to a last resort bailout option once he finishes a frenetic, bustling, bristling, circular little jaunt to goddamn fucking nowhere.

Basically the complete opposite of Conrad Smith.

Draw and pass? More like FUCK FUCK FUCK WHAT DO I DO NOW

13: C.NGATAI.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Looks like Ardie Savea has pulled the plug on 7s, wants to concentrate on 15s, geez will make it tough selecting for Shag, Cane is certainty I think, and was getting convinced that Todd would have back up role, but now it gets interesting, Savea and Todd are both playing bloody well at moment!!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
my conservative 1st XV:

1. Joe Moody
2. Dane Coles
3. Owen Franks
4. Brodie Retallick
5. Sam Whitelock
6. Jerome Kaino -- still his spot to lose iHomo. Fuck S15 form
7. Sam Cane
8. Kieran Read
9 A.Smith
10 Cruden
11 Savea
12 Fekitoa
13 Ngatai
14 Naholo
15 B.Smith

Reserves:
16. Codie Taylor
17. Wyatt Crockett
18. Charlie Faumauina
19. Elliot Dixon - can really see this guy usurping Romano and even Pat Tuipulotu for bench spot, can play 6 too and such a pest on oppo lineout ball
20. Ardie Savea
21 TKBarlow
22 Crottyffs
23 BBarrett

bored so NZ B.

1 Toomaga Allen
2 H.Elliot
3 Liam Coltman?
4 Romano
5 Pat Tuipulotu
6 Luatua
7 Matt Todd
8 Akira Ioane
9 Brad Weber
10 Sopoaga
11 Moala
12 Tamanivalu
13 Matt Proctor - can cover wing, centre and fb
14 James Lowe
15 D.McKenzie - 1st 5 cover too

16 Ofa
17 Sum Otherphatprick
18 jesus, back up reserve hooker, not Parsons, too slow and unco, not Rhys Marshall, cant throw, wft WHO?
19 Blake Gibson
20 M.Fatialofa for a bolter
21 Blade Thomson
22 perenara
23 CJane.

unlucky: Dagg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
DP, think I would sneak Scott Barrett in at lock in 'B' team, and surely Reggie Goodes would get 3 jersey ahead of Coltman. It good when we got time on long weekend when we get time to waste huh??

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
oh yeah forgot about Goodes.
Thought about S.Barrett but who knows with Fatialofa, could be another Tuipulotu stallion. Although the AB selectors have historically been hesitant with raw young brotown forward selection choices, usually theyve plumped for the safe white Cantab option haha

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Looks like Ardie Savea has pulled the plug on 7s, wants to concentrate on 15s, geez will make it tough selecting for Shag, Cane is certainty I think, and was getting convinced that Todd would have back up role, but now it gets interesting, Savea and Todd are both playing bloody well at moment!!

I'm hoping they are so confused about their options that they pick Taufua as 7 in their madness.
It'd probably still fucking work, though.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
( Although the AB selectors have historically been hesitant with raw young brotown forward selection choices, usually theyve plumped for the safe white Cantab option haha)
Especially when the Cantab option is another North Island boy that Sadists have pinched;)
Actually hearing a little bit about another 2 Barrett boys coming through as well, one is a 12, not sure about other.