• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Disappointing for the Blues, but, more importantly, why the f*ck was Boyd pushed out by the Hurricanes? Srsly. If that's true, then it's beyond even Blues level stupidity as they never fired Henry.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ I don't think he's being "pushed out" as such, more a case of he's gone as far as he can (for now at least) in NZ so it's time to head o/s & build his CV for a possible future return. Most 'canes fans I know are of the view that Boyd & Plumtree were pretty much co-coaches anyway with Boyd looking after the media etc aspects as he's better at it than Plum who's more of a technical guy.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Disappointing for the Blues
not fussed really, skeptical of another celeb coach who only stopped being a star about 5 years ago getting all chummy with the players. need an old grumpy headmaster type "look, if you can't be buggered getting back onside or catching the ball or even putting your jersey on the right way round then bugger off, go and stock the fucken shelves at Pak'n'Save or something, I don't give a shit, we'll let some other keen little wanker have a go."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Disappointing for the Blues, but, more importantly, why the f*ck was Boyd pushed out by the Hurricanes? Srsly. If that's true, then it's beyond even Blues level stupidity as they never fired Henry.

I always thought that when Boyd stood for the Canes job, him and Plaumtree decided that he would do it for 3-4 years and then Plumtree would take over. Can't remember where I read it, but most people were surprised he got the gig ahead of Plumtree, but he didn't stand against Boyd as they agreed that was a good outcome. Boyd had been Plumtree's assistant at some stage and it was assumed Plumtree would of got cane's job if he applied. Pretty sure Boyd wasn't pushed regardless what Bidwell wrote.
I thought Los would of been a good fit at Blues, but being another 'Waiopehu Old Boy' he must of pleased to get home!

Besides aren't the Blues trying to get Isaia Toeva?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB 33 for France series:

B. Barrett, J. Barrett, S. Barrett, S. Cane, (vc), R. Crotty, V. Fifita, O. Franks, S. Frizzell, J. Goodhue, N. Harris, R. Ioane, N. Laumape, A. Lienert Brown, D. mcKenzie, N. Milner Skudder, J. Moody, R. Mo'unga, W. Naholo, TJ Perenara, T. Perry, B. Retallick, A. Savea, A. Smith, B. Smith (vc), L. Squire, J. Taufua,, C. Taylor, J. Toomaga-Allen,Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi , O. Tu-ungafasi, L. Whitelock, S. Whitelock, SB Williams

Plus A. Ioane & L. Coltman will "assemble with the team", presumably as injury cover.

So three newbies of whom Taufua has been not too far away for a coupla years & TTT has had the "future AB" tag for a while as well. Frizzell's a true bolter though, wouldn't have been on too many radars pre-season.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
DdlwBRPVAAAQzzr.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Whoops sorry WOB we did it at same time!
Any I think Frizell is a genuine bolter, obviously Shag and co see what they want in future from him, and oerhaps Todd is unlucky again, but Ardie certainly got back up 7 on form I think. And TTT was no surprise as 3rd no 9, and have to be pleased for Taufua, well deserved I think, though would expect Luke Whitelock to start.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really pleased for Taufua & a little gutted for Akira but they used 54 players last year so I'm sure he'll be in there at some point.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
what a fuckin joke. Akira slogs his arse off all season, holds the dogshit Blues pack together, holds up mauls by himself, basically a 1-man vortex of death on the rugby field, and fat guts Hansen turns around and says "ah yeah nah, we kind of like the potential of this Dick Frizzle dope who's been languishing on the fucken Highlanders bench all season."

Akira Ioane this morning, high-tailing it right the fuck out of NZ rugby and heading directly to France, CHING CHING MOTHERFUCKERS:

jailbreak_zps2a2few9v.gif

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Glad to see they finally dropped the 'Taufua is too short' BS. I would've gone for A.Ioane ahead of Frizell, but Ioane is only 22, so still has plenty of time yet. Hopefully Frtzell's selection it not just to preclude him for representing Tonga. Dunno what more Todd has to do. He's form Canterbury and is increasingly able to pull from the GOAT's playbook -- such as that 'knock on' against the Waratahs. I'd like to see Mo'unga and Goodhue get plenty of game time. Starts, ideally, but not counting on it.

Also, given all these camps and mandatory stand-downs they've had throughout Super Rugby in preparation for the onerous challenge of France C, these bastards had better come out all guns blazing. None of this slow start rubbish.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep I suspect some of the reason they are taking extra time is for next year. You can bet your boots any player with the smallest niggle will not start super rugby until 3-5 round next year and any getting injured during season will get extra week or two off.