• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Lots of people talking up BLam's AB prospects but RR starting to get some attention, too, esp now that Aumua may have broken his wrist.

Can't really see both Rieko Ioane and Ben Lam starting on the wings together so despite Lam's good form he'd probably be coming off the bench at best. Riccitelli has been pretty good for the 'canes for a few season and would do pretty well in a black jersey.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At this point I can't see BLam making a 23 unless there's injuries but can definitely see them naming him in an extended squad where they can work on his positional play which can be a little shaky at times.

Riccitelli I think is well in the mix even if Aumua's injury turns out to be quite minor. Taylor's definitely first pick while Coles is out but to me it's 50/50 between Riccitelli & Harris for third if Aumua's fit & obviously if he's not then there's room for both. If only we had so many options at 9......

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well it could be interesting to see loosies for French series, probably Ioane, Fifita and Cane? Though Elliot Dixon may get a peek too?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure I thought he was fit. I actually pretty relaxed who we take in, I have an awful lot of faith in Shag and his boys at picking good players.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Nehe Milner-Skudder

poor little bugger.
comes from nowhere inside one soup season to land starting spot in RWC year.
Scores try in winning RWC final.
then after horrific injury, comes back 1 year later so slow that flankers are running him down on intercepts.
does exact same injury again.

This time he'll come back even slower and probbaly with his murderous sidestep but a distant memory

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If everything goes according to plan (which of course it won't, it never does) Christchurch will have a new footy stadium in 2021, a mere ten years after Lancaster Park became unusable. It won't have the retractable turf that was part of the original design but it will likely have a roof & a decent capacity.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/the-press/bus...tro-sports-centre--with-roofed-stadium-likely

And about fuckin time imo. If it were Westpac or the sacred cow that is Eden Park that got munted they'd have torn it down, rebuilt it & starting to talk upgrades by now. Just gotta hope that the thing is far enough along that a potential National government (next election not due until 2020 but the current coalition gov't isn't the most stable I've ever seen what with Winston Peter's being 2IC) can't pull the plug on it, CheeChee being a mostly Labour-voting city & the Nats doing sfa about a stadium rebuild in the six years between the quake & them getting voted out.

/rant ends/ :)

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
There's no evidence in the article to suggest it's actually happening. There's a Twitter post and reference to an ad that doesn't even feature the All Blacks jersey.

Also, is it even possible?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From the article quoted by The torpedo:

"But there won't be a new playing jersey or replica strip made - it's simply part of the campaign and accompanying video."

The only way Izzy gets bent out of shape by it is if he watches the video, which I rather doubt he will.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crotty (2019) & SBarrett (2019-20) the latest to re-commit:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...d-scott-barrett-resign-with-new-zealand-rugby

Still not sure whether Barrett's best utilised as a lock who can play 6 or a 6 who can cover lock but he's a handy bloke to have in a 33-man squad IMO. As for Crotty he may be one concussion away from being lost to the game but I still rate him the best all-round 12 in NZ with the fact he can do a job at 13 being a bonus.