• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Disappointing, but understandable, for Ngatai.

On the one hand, given how much interaction there is between the test and franchise coaches -- the Hurricanes in particular, vis-a-vis the defence -- I'd be somewhat surprised that there's been no direct communication between Boyd and Hansen for three years. But, on the other hand, it's Steve Hansen. Seems to me that, if he doesn't like you personally, then you might as well head overseas.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Why would Shag be contacting Boyd for anyway? I think that a paper headline thing as I would imagine Shag would only really be talking to players. regardless of what some people seem to think on here, the Super teams are and always have been run independently of ABs, and apart from the occasional scrumming work etc from assistants,I doubt whether any Coaches for ABs really have much to do with Super coaches, and I think that would be the case in Aus and SA. I think it a bit of a shame to lose Boyd, but as the article states there is really only 5 Super teams in NZ, so for all we make comment about our coaches going overseas, what else are they going to do? Remember that is why Gatland went over to Wales also.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ also coaching overseas seems to be a prerequisite for being drafted into the AB setup so maybe spending another 3 years o/s will be to his advantage down the track.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
let's face it; Mccaw should be involved in national set-up by now. Helicopters? You didnt see the Wright Brothers running about looking for rucks. Or even flying helicopters. Mccaw fapping about with choppers is like Gandhi turning up to his local church then just sitting outside the fucker all day then going home again at churchy closing time. YOUR CONGREGATION AWAITS MOTHERFIUCKER.

*maybe comparing Mccaw to Gandhi is a bit much. Maybe more like Gandhi spliced with Kublai Khan

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why would Shag be contacting Boyd for anyway? I think that a paper headline thing......

Reading the Hurld article you're right: the "no contact" comment was specific to the re-integration of the AB's returning to the 'canes after their 12-week break. Not really something I'd expect Shag to be directly involved with, more something for the medical staff to oversee I'd have thought.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
re Foster, all the usual NZRFU smokey mirrors & window dressing. Flow charts don't lie.
nzrugflow_zpsgrikjp9o.png

Hansen's ego must be like a fucking mafia don by now. "Anointing Fozzie as his successor", go fuck yerself buddy says every other kiwi rugby coach on earth.
What amazing jobs these two have. The AB team pretty much picks itself. Half us wankers on the internet poring over Soup rugby do it for then. They knock off work in November after EOYT "powder dry" junket then it's no more work on till fucken JUNE. Paid in full. Ching ching motherfuckers. So it's waddle back home to 666 Easy St Beachside View to see which of them can get the fattest on the NZRFU dime over the fucken summer. Fozzie's catching up! "You fat c**t." Did I mention no more work on til JUNE. Soup rugby rolls around, fuckit, none of the tenured AB's ever get dropped anyway, we don't have to watch this shit they say, Franks & Moody could spend the entire season spooning each other on Piha Beach and they're still getting pencilled in to start the first test in June, no fucken questions asked there.
November to June for Hansen and Fozzie would be potter around the garden, watch the telly, eat a few hundred pies, hit Piha with the binoculars to see if Franks & Moody have moved a bit, scoff a few more pies, vanish down a few hundred thousand netflix holes, then rock up in June once the court of public opinion have picked the AB team for them. Doddle through June, combos a bit rusty, bit of work through August and September then hello, November again, cushy end of year junket up north, finest hotels, blah blah, already looking forward to the pies back home over the summer, fuck the rugby, we'll play any old how and call it 'rebuilding' or 'keeping the powder dry' and bobs yer uncle, season over, time for another 7 months at home parked up on the porched Lazyboy outside 666 Easy St Beachside View again

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Is there anything to the rumours doing the traps here that SBW is going to turn his back on the Blues and ABs and return to League with Easts? If so, when is it likely to happen?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ hadn't heard that one so can't really comment other than to say he's contracted through to the end of next year & these days he scrupulously honours his contracts so on that basis 2020 unless of course he requests & is granted an early release.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^ barring injuries I'd say he's gunna miss the Cup anyways so I guess if he asks to leave early they'll let him go but I suspect the Bloos at least would want some sort of early-exit payment.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Seems massively unlikely, IMO. So probably just League media stirring before the NRL season. Williams is signed through to 2019 and, while I can see him not being in the starting side (likely Crotty and one of Lienert-Brown or Goodhue), he will make the squad as A) there's no other real options, and B) whatever else he's done, he is the epitome of professionalism vis-a-vis fitness. I've never seen him turn up to pre-season looking even remotely like Weepu or J.Savea have done/did at times. I imagine that attitude is somewhat valuable in the squad for younger players. And maybe some older ones.