• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Vaea Fifita. He's also racking up some impressive tackle numbers so if they're looking for a heavy-hitter six

if the AB's are planning on relying on Ffsffita for fucking anything then Houston, we are rooted. One of the LAST people I'd want in the trench with me on a black storm-riven night in Yokohama as a welter of enraged pink Irish folk descend on my goalline. Ffsffita'd be on the phone to Shag "this close quarter combat is tiring out my legs. I might not be able to run freely in the open field after we concede this try. Just letting you know Shag that I have contacted my union rep over this misallocation of resources in the workpl

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some clarification on Goodhue's situation.

The seven-cap All Blacks centre was simply activating the one-year option on his existing contract, which he signed in 2016 after missing his rookie season with a knee injury ..... hence why confirmation the man many consider the All Blacks' long-term centre sticking around for at least another year didn't prompt New Zealand Rugby to fire off a press release.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...entre-jack-goodhue-only-resigned-for-one-year

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Don't know where to post this, but shit it interesting, Razor Robinson and Ronan O'Gara talking about coaching at Crusaders, if you really interested in our game it's well worth a watch!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ it's a great show as I've posteda few times now, esp the video analysis, great to see them broadening their scope.

Jack Goodhue re-signed which is great....

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...adlines-trio-of-crusaders-resignings#comments

...but only for one more season which is not so great.

Turns out he didn't re-sign, just activated the extra year option in his existing contract:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...entre-jack-goodhue-only-resigned-for-one-year

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hansen hinting Brad Weber back in the frame...
At halfback he hinted at a potential change in the pecking order behind Aaron Smith and TJ Perenara with incumbent Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi struggling for game-time at the Chiefs.
"Brad [Weber] is playing really well and leading well, and Te Toiroa has come back from his off-season probably not where he should have been. Yeah, I'd like him (Tauriorangi) to get more minutes, but Brad's playing really well, so that's exciting."

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
RE the allegations about the Crusaders' behaviour off the field in SA: when I read the reports and the Crusaders' response I initially thought it was nothing and was impressed with their response. But through some weird channels I've heard there's a bit more substance to the claim than initially thought. I'm surprised by this, but we could be seeing some more to come from this situation.

Edit: actually, maybe not... Seems like some players were drunk at a McDonalds and being crass and a bit inappropriate, but nothing illegal/too shocking for a rugby player.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I believe a one match suspension for every player and staffer who went to South Africa would seem a fair and just outcome.

That they're playing the Blues next is simply a happy coincidence that has no bearing whatsoever on my opinion. None at all. Pinky promise.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
More seriously, at the moment their evidence consists of a three second video of some random ~45 year old guy who, most definitely, isn't a Crusaders player. Elsewise it's 'he-said-she-said'. If that's all there is to it, then remind the players to lay off the booze on tour and carry on.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I believe a one match suspension for every player and staffer who went to South Africa would seem a fair and just outcome.

That they're playing the Blues next is simply a happy coincidence that has no bearing whatsoever on my opinion. None at all. Pinky promise.

Always be fair & just, zer0 :)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
More seriously, at the moment their evidence consists of a three second video of some random ~45 year old guy who, most definitely, isn't a Crusaders player. Elsewise it's 'he-said-she-said'. If that's all there is to it, then remind the players to lay off the booze on tour and carry on.

Seems it. They're brigading George Bridge pretty hard, so much that he turned his instagram on private and the Crusaders' deleted their most recent post. Still think there's nothing in it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure if there much in it, but still pissed off that these young fellas are getting themselves into these situations by being out and pissed.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

That they're playing the Blues next is simply a happy coincidence that has no bearing whatsoever on my opinion.

You are a wise and just man, Zero.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mo'Unga has admitted being intoxicated to the point of not remembering misbehaving in the bar incident so can see him being punished in some way(s) or other.

S

Show-n-go

Mo'Unga has admitted being intoxicated to the point of not remembering misbehaving in the bar incident so can see him being punished in some way(s) or other.

He probably did himself a bit of a disservice by inadvertently admitting his guilt in the messages. Probably would have gotten away with it with the he said she said argument otherwise

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
He probably did himself a bit of a disservice by inadvertently admitting his guilt in the messages. Probably would have gotten away with it with the he said she said argument otherwise

Yeah, though ironically doing the right thing -at that point.

Not concerned about the other 3, appears the security team assigned to them, McDonald’s security and other customers have contacted to crusaders to say nothing went on. Also no alcohol was involved in this incident.

Bit more worried about Mo’unga, not impressed they are getting on the booze in SA.