• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some interesting stats on 1014 Rugby in terms of the similarities between 2015 & 2019 in terms of AB prep for RWC. Assuming Shag & Co. look to replicate what worked for them in 2015 these are some of the things to look out for:

Team to play first TRC match (Argentina away) to contain no players from a team that plays the Final, and/ or few if any from any team(s) who play a SF.

By Bled1, however, the preferred RWC big match 23 will be fairly obvious: in 2015 they sent 14 guys to Samoa who didn't go to RWC; only one player from the Bled squads didn't go.

Further, of the XV that started Bled2, 13 also started the RWC Final & one of those was forced by the injury to Woodcock.

Lastly, they put up a slide of where in the tournament each of the Tier 1 nations play the other Tier 1(s) in their Pool.

NZ play SA first up
Ireland play Scotland first up
Australia play Wales second
England play Argentina third & France last, meaning that to win it they'll have to play five T1 opponents on successive weekends & win at least four of them. A very hard row to hoe, that.

I'll try to find links to 1014 Rugby's youtube etc & post them here. It's a great show & I'm sure they'll continue delving into all things RWC-related.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Don't know where to post this, but shit it interesting, Razor Robinson and Ronan O'Gara talking about coaching at Crusaders, if you really interested in our game it's well worth a watch!!

Behold.

This mob operate in a different universe. Great watch.

Incredible mature and detail oriented organisation.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Will Jordan signed with the crusaders today

giphy.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Further, of the XV that started Bled2, 13 also started the RWC Final & one of those was forced by the injury to Woodcock.

This is pretty amazing.

Etched. In. Stone.

Not this time though. Surely not. The midfield is by committee and entirely dependent on how many femtoseconds messrs Crotty and Sonny Bill FFS ESQ deign to grace us with their presences

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB play Argentina in TRC on 21 July.

Super Rugby Final is on 6 July & potentially the Crusaders or Hurricanes will be in it as Semi Finals are on 29 June, one of which is potentially Crusaders v Hurricanes. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Clan or Tribe could yet make the Quarters.

Will Shag & Co. ask guys to fly to Argentina having recently played a Final and/ or Semi Final? I think not.

Time to start assembling an AB 23 to face Argentina with few if any Crusaders or Hurricanes starting & maybe a few from the losing SF side making the bench.

15. Bender
14. Waisake
13. AL-B
11. Rieko
9. Weber
8. Akira
6. Papali'i
5. Lurch
3. Ofa
2. Coltman
16. Harris
17. Laulala
18. Ta'avao
21. TTT

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Karl Tu'inukuafe @ looshead
Patrick Tuipulotu @ lock
Jackson Hemopo @ lock
Blake Gibson @ openside
Old Man Nonu @ second five

You have chosen FOUR players from the Auckland Blues super rugby franchise. Are you wilfully attempting to sabotage my national representative rugby football team? ARE YOU? ANSWER ME.

ps, W.O, if Akira starts at #8 vs the Argies I will strip buck naked and run the entire length of the forii yelling yippee ki yay motherfucker at 3 am every full moon for the rest of the goddamn calendar year

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Karl Tu'inukuafe @ looshead
Patrick Tuipulotu @ lock
Jackson Hemopo @ lock
Blake Gibson @ openside
Old Man Nonu @ second five

I have a sneaky feeling Cane will be 7 & (c) but liking your other picks.

You have chosen FOUR players from the Auckland Blues super rugby franchise. Are you wilfully attempting to sabotage my national representative rugby football team? ARE YOU? ANSWER ME.

ps, W.O, if Akira starts at #8 vs the Argies I will strip buck naked and run the entire length of the forii yelling yippee ki yay motherfucker at 3 am every full moon for the rest of the goddamn calendar year

OMG we can't have that now, can we. OK so it's:

8. LWhitelock

Or how about

8. Frizzell

Either way it's a DP nudey run averted :)

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gonna take some monumental mental gymnastics to select Tahuriorangi ahead of Weber. Lienert-Brown would also surely be in with a very, very strong chance of starting at second five, regardless of who is or isn't available.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Gonna take some monumental mental gymnastics to select Tahuriorangi ahead of Weber. Lienert-Brown would also surely be in with a very, very strong chance of starting at second five, regardless of who is or isn't available.

By geez both them putting up their hands aren't they zer0?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The other question is, how to get best use of both Savea and Cane, by f*** they are 2 absolute class 7s, both playing top rugby at moment, and don't dance a 'Cavea' like Wallabies Pooper!!