• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Could be a bit breezy in Auckland tonight, 25-40kph from the SSW predicted, but no rain & there's been next to none in the last 24 hours so the ground should be in perfect order. I don't know how the wind behaves with the reconfigured & extra stands, maybe someone local could give us an idea? Wind looked to be a factor in at least one M10 Cup match I saw, but that was way above 40kph IIRC.

In terms of the Foley/ Cooper thing I'd actually be more worried if they'd picked Cooper. I think the only place you can beat us is within a 3m radius of the contact point. To do it you'd need a ball-snaffling 7 (or 8), some decent ball-carrying piggies, and a 5/8 who can put e.g. Kerevi into the channels being defended by e.g. Moody, Retallick & Coles (all of whom have missed tackles this year from which tries have resulted). The team TGC is running with has IMO none of these.

That's not to say it'll be a massacre, plenty of your blokes have a lot to prove for EOYT & beyond so they'll be putting in maximum effort for sure. I'm just not convinced that the current Wobs maximum effort is enough to get you within 12-19 points. If (God forbid!) I were a punting Wobs fan I'd be backing them to beat the line (21.5 on TAB.com.au), though.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I didn't think it was mocking at all: there's nothing special about the ground or the place so there must be something special about the home team.

Yeah I just had a look at the ad. It's made to sound like mocking by selectively quoting only the opening 20 seconds or so, but there's no mockery whatsoever. It's a good ad, designed to give us a bit of hope!

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Thats a great Kurtley Quote by the way.

Hahaha I actually hadn't even noticed that was still there. I made that my signature during the Di Patson saga when I'd just finished reading The Watchmen and Rorschach was at the front of my mind.

Maybe I should change it but I probably won't. My inexplicable man love for KB (Kurtley Beale) and my fondness of the absurd makes an alternate universe in which Beale is an unmovable yet misunderstood moral pillar an absolutely great place to hide my slightly twisted psyche.

"Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise" oh my lord what a character and what a book.

Kurtley Beale oh my lord what a player.

Combine them? Oh my lord what a delusion.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Bit rich claiming someone else is dogmatic when you admitted to not believing the facts (stats) yourself.

Dogmatic - inclined to lay down principles as undeniably true.

I don't think Foley is undeniably a better defender than Cooper. I scarcely think anything is undeniably anything.

I just think he positions himself better and has far better technique and probably attempts harder tackle attempts than Cooper. I think he's both a better defender and a better tackler and whenever I say so people quote the stats. I just said spare yourself the time as I've seen them yet I don't believe that they tell the whole story.

Do I think that's undeniably true? Not at all. I'd like to think I also don't sermonise and position my opinion as fact.

I'm just some muppet behind a keyboard with what is likely a very flawed ability to analyse high level rugby who almost exclusively posts semi-coherent rants when Uni gets frantic as its the perfect form of procrastination. It's just an opinion.

T

Train Without a Station

Good one Lindo....

Except I probably wouldn't even be n the top 10 for comments on match threads.

Standard response from somebody that hates the message but can't discount or disprove it in anyway. "Oh you say too much".

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
5428.jpg

".....my fondness of the absurd
makes an alternate universe....."
--Michael.

We never really saw this side of you during your Knight Rider years.

Disappointed.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I like Murray Mexted's all-purpose explanation: "psychic energy".

Not sure what it means, but it seems to work for the Darkness.

In the meantime chaps, don't play the game before it starts, half of you buggers will be too tired or het up to watch it!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Lots of talk about Quade/ Foley - fair discussion point.

All i know is that if the tight 5, particularly Sio, Moore and Keps don't show massive improvement and real enthusiasm (and don't miss tackles like 7 from Moore last game) we are doomed to a belting.Even coming close to parity would be OK

The argument about any of the backs goes straight out the door.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Kearns seems to be channeling one of another Phil's pre-Origin spiels. Needs to work on both his pomposity and hyperbole, though. Can't see why it would upset anyone, unless they're looking for something to get upset about.

Kearns is just a one eyed dickhead who only gets better (in his mind) as a player the older he gets

Status
Not open for further replies.