• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
IF Izzy is on a couple of mill and his play over the past 12 months or so (probably excluding his Tahs performances which were pretty good overall) is at the standard he now seems to have set, one can only imagine that other top players (probably on $400-600K) would be privately seething (at being underpaid).

Reckon that would just be human nature.

If there are players that worried about money they should go and play overseas in France or whatever. The ability of Folau and his manager to negotiate whatever he has and the fact the ARU (and third parties) have agreed to it shouldn't concern any one else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Quitter.

dead-horse.gif

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If true, he'd be a good signing for the Blues, and the catalyst for another change to the selection criteria for the Wallabies. Anyone playing in Super Rugby will be eligible?;)

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
If true, he'd be a good signing for the Blues, and the catalyst for another change to the selection criteria for the Wallabies. Anyone playing in Super Rugby will be eligible?;)

Well looks like the aru lost that lill control mechanism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
just read tha Folaus moving to Auckland cause Maria wants him there, im sure shell let him travel for games
Oh that would work well. Training is optional for 3rd graders at our club. Higher grade players have some flexibility if they are shift workers.

BR there wouldn't need to be any changes to the selection criteria I don't think, once he has his 60 caps it doesn't matter who he plays for does it?

Presumably this supposed move will take place once their married?

Upthenuts

Jim Clark (26)
Oh that would work well. Training is optional for 3rd graders at our club. Higher grade players have some flexibility if they are shift workers.

BR there wouldn't need to be any changes to the selection criteria I don't think, once he has his 60 caps it doesn't matter who he plays for does it?

Presumably this supposed move will take place once their married?

maria is blocked from representing nz in netball if she plays in aus local netball comp. as she has years left to play for nz, someones going to have to compromise something

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
maria is blocked from representing nz in netball if she plays in aus local netball comp. as she has years left to play for nz, someones going to have to compromise something

Yes, I realise this but I'm sure that when they sit down to arrange said compromise, comparison of their pay packets will probably form part of the discussions. My comment was largely tongue in cheek anyway.

However, IF as a result of the discussions with his friend up above he did decide to base himself in Auckland and play for the Blues, I'd actually have no problem with that in terms of his eligibility for Wallabies selection, at least he is playing in the same comp as the rest of his Wallabies team mates. Obviously I'd rather he be at the Tahs, but I could live with it. That said, I'm not sure that the NZRU would be thrilled with the prospect of the Blues spending a large part of their salary cap on a player who is eligible to play across the dutch.

Anyway, completely hypothetical and I'm just thinking out loud. It would be an interesting development.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yes, I realise this but I'm sure that when they sit down to arrange said compromise, comparison of their pay packets will probably form part of the discussions. My comment was largely tongue in cheek anyway.

However, IF as a result of the discussions with his friend up above he did decide to base himself in Auckland and play for the Blues, I'd actually have no problem with that in terms of his eligibility for Wallabies selection, at least he is playing in the same comp as the rest of his Wallabies team mates. Obviously I'd rather he be at the Tahs, but I could live with it. That said, I'm not sure that the NZRU would be thrilled with the prospect of the Blues spending a large part of their salary cap on a player who is eligible to play across the dutch.

Anyway, completely hypothetical and I'm just thinking out loud. It would be an interesting development.

Yep KOB I think most should realise it was tongue in cheek, but like you say if he did play for the Blues or a Kiwi played for an Aussie conference it is one case I would be happy for them to play tests, I would love if more Argentian players were spread among super team , as I think it would help the Pumas become even better, and I love the idea of strong international rugby.
Also like upthenuts idea as I think it would of been great to see a few of the test players help make the Sunwolves more competitive, and perhaps help spread their experiance amonst Japanese players.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Folau is contracted to the Waratahs to the end of 2018. Pretty sure he's also supposed to do a few Japanese stints as part of his contract too. Gonna be hard to live in Auckland. Maybe she's gonna live there and he's gonna FIFO as often as he can. Can't see the ARU being happy for him to play against Aus Super Rugby teams (without playing for one). That's a different thing to playing in France.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.