• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I give us close to zero chance in this one and with Nige reffing at Eden Park I'm inclined to ring Bill and tell him to forget even putting them on the plane.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Don't disagree with those thoughts, Rn, but whom would you put at 8 right now? And for the EoYT.

Yer right about Hodge, he's wasted on a wing. But, once again, there aren't any others breaking the door down to take his place. I'd also put DHP in this category.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Aaron Smith has stood himself down from the test!! So we know it will probably be TJ starting at 9!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I give us close to zero chance in this one and with Nige reffing at Eden Park I'm inclined to ring Bill and tell him to forget even putting them on the plane.

Owens is a very good ref IMO and will have very little to nothing to do with the total lack of any chance of a Wallaby win. The only chance they have is if the phantom stomach bug that assaulted the 1995 RWC makes an appearance in a much more virulent form. Shit the way things stand skill wise I'd give the ABs a great chance of winning if they were struck down and resurrected White Walker style to play as brain dead zombies/wights.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Owens is a very good ref IMO and will have very little to nothing to do with the total lack of any chance of a Wallaby win. The only chance they have is if the phantom stomach bug that assaulted the 1995 RWC makes an appearance in a much more virulent form. Shit the way things stand skill wise I'd give the ABs a great chance of winning if they were struck down and resurrected White Walker style to play as brain dead zombies/wights.

This looks promising, but I think we need a lot more than showers.

Saturday 22
Showers, some possibly heavy at first, clearing. Strong southerlies easing.
Issued: 10:34am 17 Oct

Something more along these lines is needed

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
This looks promising, but I think we need a lot more than showers.

Saturday 22

Showers, some possibly heavy at first, clearing. Strong southerlies easing.

Issued: 10:34am 17 Oct

Something more along these lines is needed

I am still trying to thaw out from that. I lived in Armidale NSW when I went to Uni and I can honestly say even sober I was never as cold there as I was in Newcastle that night.

In any event the ABs skills don't degrade in the wet like ours do so IMO it will make things even worse.

Don't forget performance by sides like Auckland against the Ponies in knee deep water.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Here's an idea for the moderators. Can you remove the word 'Wallabies' from the thread title? Seems like there's only one team playing on Saturday.
Fuck me the lot of you are depressing. It's a game of Rugby so it's a two horse race. I've seen bigger fucking upsets in the last twelve months than us winning this one. I bet the lot of you still watch the game.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Scoey, I'd like to be more positive but how are we winning this weekend? Food poisoning? Playing 17 on the field and hoping nobody notices? Strategically placed land mines?

I can categorically say that I won't be watching. It's not good for my blood pressure.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Here's an idea for the moderators. Can you remove the word 'Wallabies' from the thread title? Seems like there's only one team playing on Saturday.
Fuck me the lot of you are depressing. It's a game of Rugby so it's a two horse race. I've seen bigger fucking upsets in the last twelve months than us winning this one. I bet the lot of you still watch the game.

No, because then it would be NZ v the comma, and I can't bear to see punctuation being treated so brutally.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Wallabies are a better side than when we lost the first two Bled tests. We actually gave a pretty good account of ourselves in the second half of the second one, or at least restricted the AB scoring more than any other side has recently.
Hope we turn up to play and put them under pressure for the full 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.