• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Australia - Bledisloe 2, 24th August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I reckon he still has knee issues. His pace is down and his knee looked to be heavily strapped when he came on.

He has put on a bit more bulk. Not much, but definitely a bit. When Gits did that he lost a metre or two of pace and his agility was impacted. Could be the same here.

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
haha kiwi sumgness per that article... gotta love it... ahaha still laughing...

I especially loved the bit about not being worthy of the rivalry.... hahahahaha. too funny -

well he may have a point - in fact I think kiwis make more out of the rivalry than the aussies... particularly because its their national sport... vs (lets be frank) small % of population in two states of Australia....

Care for: basketball? netball? cricket? golf? surfing? tennis? soccer? need I go on....?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
haha kiwi sumgness per that article. gotta love it. ahaha still laughing.

I especially loved the bit about not being worthy of the rivalry.. hahahahaha. too funny -

well he may have a point - in fact I think kiwis make more out of the rivalry than the aussies. particularly because its their national sport. vs (lets be frank) small % of population in two states of Australia..

Care for: basketball? netball? cricket? golf? surfing? tennis? soccer? need I go on..?

I've got an idea of what 'basketball' is but what the hell are all those other words in front of the question marks?!?! :p

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
The only thing worse than some of his articles are the videos he does with Wynne Gray. He's bloody awful in those..

Oh.and Chris Rattue's articles.LOL

Chris Rattue is comfortably the worst rugby writer on either side of the Tasman. If I wanted to constantly hear about how great the Warriors are, I'd go be one of the 30,000 people in South Auckland who actually give a fuck.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
He has put on a bit more bulk. Not much, but definitely a bit. When Gits did that he lost a metre or two of pace and his agility was impacted. Could be the same here.

He's lost more than a metre or two. His chase down after the Simmon's intercept was unbelievably slow. He also has not side stepped anyone even remotely close to what he did prior to his injury.

I don't know if the injury is still there, or if it is a lack of confidence in his knee tbh.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Chris Rattue is comfortably the worst rugby writer on either side of the Tasman. If I wanted to constantly hear about how great the Warriors are, I'd go be one of the 30,000 people in South Auckland who actually give a fuck.

I like league and I'm a Warriors fan but geez - Rattue is just an idiot. Four years of writing about how terrible Graham Henry is, what a mistake NZRU made in not getting Deans and how Robbie was going to usher in a new era of Wallby world dominance.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Is Rattue worse than the Walrus? I think he would give him a good run for his money:

How dare they. How dare they. Just what do the NZRU take us for? This week one of the worst decisions in the history of New Zealand sport was made. In their infinite wisdom, the NZRU have decided to give Graham Henry and his two cronies another spin.

I for one am sick to my stomach just thinking about it. On the one hand you have a coach who has done all you can do in the Super 12 and 14, and now surely rivials only Fred Allen as the greatest coach rugby has ever seen. The other hand reveals three abject failures. Steve Hanson. Coached Wales, failed to live up to his hype and achieved ultimately nothing. Wayne Smith. Here is the man who coached what are regarded as the worst All Black teams ever in 2000 and 2001. And then Graham. His success with the Blues has been shown to be all down to the talent of the players there rather than any coaching ability. A failure at Wales, he has lead the All Blacks to their worst world cup result ever. Ever.

Now it appears Australia will gain the services of Deans. There goes the Bledisloe. Here comes another destructive loss at the knockout phase of the World Cup. The NZRU have shown their decisions are made purely on political bases rather than any results or abilities.

No doubt Richie McCaw will be retained. A man whose leadership skills were shown to be even worse than such All Black luminaries as Taine Randell and Tom Willis. Age is not Richie McCaws friend. It is clear his skills will only decline from his 2005 peak. It is time to cut him loose, start rebuilding with youth and truely prepare for 2011. A man like Deans would have the nouse and dare I say it, balls to make such a call. Henry and this cronies will do no such thing, holding on to him for a World Cup failure at home in 2011.

Why submit to four more years of torture? I have no intention of doing so. The NZRU have clearly shown they have not regard for the fans, so why show any regard for them? From today I shall be supporting Australia. Tri-nations, Bledisloes and a World Cup. I shall be celebrating all of them. All Blacks? All Done.

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sure thing

Think you'll find aussie chicks won this recently... but don't really care in any case...

My point is simple - in relation to other sports aussies unfortunately just don't care that much about this game... obviously everyone on this website DOES.. but (sadly) very small proportion of Aussie population have much care factor re Rugby...

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Think you'll find aussie chicks won this recently. but don't really care in any case.

My point is simple - in relation to other sports aussies unfortunately just don't care that much about this game. obviously everyone on this website DOES.. but (sadly) very small proportion of Aussie population have much care factor re Rugby.

Yeah but even so there are still more Aussie rugby players than Kiwis (twice as many according to wiki ) . Either way it is kind of a dull argument. Perhaps best to just stick to the rugby. This 'per capita' and/or 'how many people care about the sport' is incredibly pointless especially when one starts comparing different sports imo. YMMV

Ps. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation_Cup

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
The thing about Rattue is that many forget that Henry called him out when he called Wales the village idiots of world rugby. Wales were rightly pissed off about it, and Henry said it appears we have village idiots of our own, and then I think complained to the editor of the herald. Since then, Rattue has spat nothing but bile at Henry and co. In his latest column on Deans, he had a massive turn and called him out of his depth - once again, proving himself to be a turncoat.

However, in the age of news on the internets, these columnists need to be controversial in order to survive - any thoughtful, meaningful analysis just gets swept under the rug.

I'd prefer to read Walrus over Rattue anyday - you can feel his real rugby passion which is always good. I mean, he hates us (well, he tries to comes across that way although I'm not entirely convinced he believes what he writes) and LOVES a jibe at NZ - but in reality, some of his observations aren't too far of the mark. Rattue just writes crap without any passion to wind people up - quite a difference.

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeah but even so there are still more Aussie rugby players than Kiwis (twice as many according to wiki ) . Either way it is kind of a dull argument. Perhaps best to just stick to the rugby. This 'per capita' and/or 'how many people care about the sport' is incredibly pointless especially when one starts comparing different sports imo. YMMV

Ps. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation_Cup

Agree dull argument - but would question the stats in that 'how many overseas kiwis make up the 'aussie' rugby players"...

Either way I hope for the profile of the sport that Australia are more competitive this week with less errors, more dominance around the ruck and yellow cards for repeated infringing to McCheat... :) soz had to throw that in.....

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Think you'll find aussie chicks won this recently. but don't really care in any case.

My point is simple - in relation to other sports aussies unfortunately just don't care that much about this game. obviously everyone on this website DOES.. but (sadly) very small proportion of Aussie population have much care factor re Rugby.

I think you'll find that NZ are current holders of the Constellation Cup, last winners of the World Netball Series, inaugural winners of the Fast 5 World Series.

2013 Constellation cup coming up in the next month or so.

As far as rugby rivalry goes, most NZers I know still hold the Boks as our biggest rivals, even though Bledisloe is a still a massive deal

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
haha kiwi sumgness per that article. gotta love it. ahaha still laughing.

I especially loved the bit about not being worthy of the rivalry.. hahahahaha. too funny -

well he may have a point - in fact I think kiwis make more out of the rivalry than the aussies. particularly because its their national sport. vs (lets be frank) small % of population in two states of Australia..

Care for: basketball? netball? cricket? golf? surfing? tennis? soccer? need I go on..?

Gregor Paul isn't a Kiwi.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/gregor-paul/news/article.cfm?a_id=196&objectid=11111631

Gregor Paul really doesn't rate the Australian players, does he?

No need. In Tom Taylor and Colin Slade he has better-equipped test five-eighths than both Matt To'omua and Quade Cooper.

If it was left to pure objective assessment - allegiances left out of it - would anyone rank the available four first-fives differently to this: Taylor, Slade, To'omua then Cooper?

You can try to justify Taylor, somehow, but come on, Slade? Really? Surely he's just taking the piss.....surely?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Gregor Paul is a massive knob-end from oop north trying to inveigle his way into NZ rugby by adopting their favourite pastime of Aussie-bashing at every opportunity.
Unfortunately, he lost his way some time ago up the general public's colon, and spends his time time picking over semi-digested material from the lesser scribes that he finds there.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think you'll find that NZ are current holders of the Constellation Cup, last winners of the World Netball Series, inaugural winners of the Fast 5 World Series.

2013 Constellation cup coming up in the next month or so.

As far as rugby rivalry goes, most NZers I know still hold the Boks as our biggest rivals, even though Bledisloe is a still a massive deal
I knew that but was leaving it for someone else to point out the obvious flaw in the post.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Random question, but I would like to hear a few replies...What did we think of John "Knuckles' Connolly as Wallabies coach?

I honestly thought he had the potential to do extremely well with the Wallabies. He along with Link McKenzie are Queensland's best coaches.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Now it appears Australia will gain the services of Deans. There goes the Bledisloe. Here comes another destructive loss at the knockout phase of the World Cup.

I, for one, wish I lived in Chris Rattue's alternate universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.