• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Australia - Bledisloe 2, 24th August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sorry IS, should of explained mate, I was sitting with a mate (wallaby supporter too) who was had Ref Ears on, he called it as soon as Moore picked up ball. And yep Scoey see your point, and I was probably happy he called that way as I think the refs quite often let things like that or suspected forward passes go as they know they can come back to video ref, which is not really what video refs are for.
Also was interesting was mate saying that Joubert was actually telling Peyper how to ref scrums etc from sideline, not telling him what was wrong,but w3hat to look for.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dan,I reside in Thailand and watched coverage with NZ commentators,who also questioned why he did not refer it to TMO.There was no mention of his reasons for not doing so.There were quite a few replays shown afterwards as well.
Was slightly interested to hear Marto say that he was commentating with NZ team, and that was only comment he said they made about ref all night, which personally is something Fox team could perhaps learn about, comment on game, and not ref as they tend to be former players and not former refs.....

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Sorry IS, should of explained mate, I was sitting with a mate (wallaby supporter too) who was had Ref Ears on, he called it as soon as Moore picked up ball. And yep Scoey see your point, and I was probably happy he called that way as I think the refs quite often let things like that or suspected forward passes go as they know they can come back to video ref, which is not really what video refs are for.
Also was interesting was mate saying that Joubert was actually telling Peyper how to ref scrums etc from sideline, not telling him what was wrong,but w3hat to look for.
I was only joking - a hhh the pain

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
I said from the second it happened why it was disallowed (Moore offside) and no one in the world except me seemed to pick it up. The ref stated it was offside straight away clearly.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-uni...l-to-mask-coaching-faults-20130830-2sw3e.html

Is Spiro Zavos our answer to Mark Reason? Has anyone seen them both in the same room at the same time?

McKenzie's whinges fail to mask coaching faults

EWEN McKenzie ran for the job of Wallabies coach like a politician chasing an election victory. He promised to get the best out of the erratic genius of Australian rugby, Quade Cooper, who had found the Wallabies environment under Robbie Deans to be "toxic". And he insisted he was the one Australian coach who knew "how to beat New Zealand sides.
<snip>

Instead of blaming the referee for the Test loss, McKenzie should follow the All Blacks practice and look at the real story of the lost Test.
Why was the Wallabies scrum dismantled so totally?
Why was the lineout dismantled? Why did Moore give away more penalties (four) than any other player? Why did Rob Simmons walk slowly back to position and create the gap Steven Luatua motored through to set up the All Blacks first try? Why weren't the pillars in place to protect Genia on the box kicks? Why was the left-footed Jesse Mogg kicking penalties to the right-foot touchline? Why was the back-line spacing so wide that the All Blacks could make easy inside breaks? Why has Ben Smith scored five tries in two Tests when James O'Connor was marking him? Why doesn't Israel Folau get as many touches as Julian Savea? Why hasn't Cooper made an impact from the bench?
Forget about bagging the referee. The real problems for the Wallabies are the sloppy play and lack of clarity in McKenzie's coaching.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
The referee says offside right after he blows the penalty, he wasn't referring the ABs penalty - I'm guessing that got most people confused.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-uni...l-to-mask-coaching-faults-20130830-2sw3e.html

Is Spiro Zavos our answer to Mark Reason? Has anyone seen them both in the same room at the same time?

EWEN McKenzie ran for the job of Wallabies coach like a politician chasing an election victory. He promised to get the best out of the erratic genius of Australian rugby, Quade Cooper, who had found the Wallabies environment under Robbie Deans to be "toxic". And he insisted he was the one Australian coach who knew "how to beat New Zealand sides.

<snip>

Instead of blaming the referee for the Test loss, McKenzie should follow the All Blacks practice and look at the real story of the lost Test.
Why was the lineout dismantled? Why did Moore give away more penalties (four) than any other player? Why did Rob Simmons walk slowly back to position and create the gap Steven Luatua motored through to set up the All Blacks first try? Why weren't the pillars in place to protect Genia on the box kicks? Why was the left-footed Jesse Mogg kicking penalties to the right-foot touchline? Why was the back-line spacing so wide that the All Blacks could make easy inside breaks? Why has Ben Smith scored five tries in two Tests when James O'Connor was marking him? Why doesn't Israel Folau get as many touches as Julian Savea? Why hasn't Cooper made an impact from the bench?
Forget about bagging the referee. The real problems for the Wallabies are the sloppy play and lack of clarity in McKenzie's coaching.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/mckenzies-whinges-fail-to-mask-coaching-faults-20130830-2sw3e.html#ixzz2dW7dXAs4

I totally agree with most of what he wrote. Good article.

tekay

Peter Burge (5)
Re Spiro Zavos article (and he often gets it wrong for mine), there's no doubting the Wallabies need to take it to the next level and concentrate on THEIR game but there's also no doubting Peyper had an absolute shocker and needs to concentrate on HIS.

There was much left out of Spiro's take, Nonu's shoulder charge for one (where moments later Mowen gets pinged for holding someone's leg out of main play). And it's utter crap that Moore was offside that much has been dispelled.

It's the inconsistency and vagueness of Peyper's officiating that still grates me about that last game and it has nothing to do with sour grapes.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep HJ, Spiros is your Mark Reason, he used to write for Sunday News in NZ ,years back, was generally aleague writer I think, but liked a bit of controversy then too..
that being said some of his points:p

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I once heard Spiro welcomed to the stage at a rugby function by an MC with the following introduction;
"Although Spiro is a Kiwi, we should not forget his Greek heritage, as it was the Greeks who brought us sex. Still we must remember that it was the Italians some time later who introduced women."

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

<snip>

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/mckenzies-whinges-fail-to-mask-coaching-faults-20130830-2sw3e.html#ixzz2dW7dXAs4

There is just so much wrong with this that I think its just better consigned to the trash. Deans biggest fan getting the knife in.

Status
Not open for further replies.