• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Next Wallabies Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Issue with KB (Kurtley Beale) is to run its course. Cheika not answering any questions to avoid any attempt to influence the outcome.

Thanking his wife for her understanding. Nice touch.

Cheika says no party "pitched", and no party "begged" for him to get the job.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Billy P confirms contract was only signed two hours ago, and that he has been no other conversations with anyone other than TGC about the job.

ARU being a "complete mess" is an exaggeration according to Bill. The team has some "issues" but it is not in disarray. <dodges question with political aplomb>.
Follow up question asked about mess at ARU HQ. More obfuscation and redirection from the Pulveriser.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
No backs coach? Cheika in charge of attack?

Happy it has been announced along with the squad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Where is backs attack coach?

DG does this for Waratahs and I cannot believe MC believes that role is unnecessary at Test level. Please do not tell me that there is only money for two assistants.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
I am now assuming we all really mean to be posting on the EOYT thread.

If the Moderators keep the thread open any longer it is a low point of cynicism and death riding for GGR.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
No other nation in the world does not have these problems except New Zealand.

If anyone saw the announcement of the AB squad and listened to Hansen then you'd have seen NZ has the same issues.

Hansen was asked about DC not being selected and not playing in the Canterbury ITM semi and he said that while it wasn't ideal 'Razor' (Scott Robertson I think) had to do what he thought best for his team.

He said it was no different Super Rugby when he would have liked the Crusaders to have played DC at 10 but the played him at 12. It's just something they can't control and have to work thru.

Sent from my iPhone

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I am now assuming we all really mean to be posting on the EOYT thread.

If the Moderators keep the thread open any longer it is a low point of cynicism and death riding for GGR.

We'll probably have to resurrect this thread again in 12 months............

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Thanks Slim; you get the low point award!

I didn't like to speculate on SL in my post and deleted the thought. He is already going somewhere next week so maybe they are trying to work through the logistics of joining the tour. I would love that outcome.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
The long bow about the Rebels improving Beale's character is one I wouldn't be drawing. Yes, I think he should have been shunted at that time and the game since then would have been in a much better place.

So we're back to square one, and it's really just all Beale's fault. Gotcha.
I just don't agree - players like him are a symptom of a problem, not the cause. If it was all him, then squad members wouldn't be leaking like the Labor Party before Rudd got the job back.

If "management" wasn't included in the matter in the first instance it can't be held to be poor management.

The victim was a key member of management, and therefore the matter is emphatically related to management. Beale certainly had no authority here, and the matter should never have been dealt with behind closed doors. Just because the victim is part of management doesn't mean the fall-out from the issue is suddenly then not related to management, and in fact I honestly can't understand how anyone could think it isn't.

I don't mind at all if Rugby upholds higher standards than other football codes.

And now you just sound delusional. No offence, but right now the image of Australian rugby isn't one of upholding "higher standers than other football codes"; it's become the symbol for the lowest.

T

Train Without a Station

I just don't agree - players like him are a symptom of a problem, not the cause. If it was all him, then squad members wouldn't be leaking like the Labor Party before Rudd got the job back.

Tah Dan, I can't help but think that if one person, in multiple different environments was the cause/source of a large portion of the problems, surely they'd be pretty close to the cause of a big problem? Wouldn't you?

I'd say the only issue as big as them, would be the lack in discipline which saw them repeatedly get away with it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I got serious doubts how this is going to work. Massive CoI at Super Rugby level.

Waratahs vs Reds, last regular season game to decide final positions.

Cheika: "Genia and Cooper you're being rested, too close to the RWC."

Status
Not open for further replies.