• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

No Ben Mowen thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I just think the people at the ARU who made the financial decisions would have had a long consultation with Link on this. Seems reasonable doesn't it?

Obviously, but that had nothing to do with what I was saying.

I should have made myself clearer before: how would you know what the content of the higher level discussions were, or who "went in to bat" and how much they did?

As the coach of the Australian team, it is bleedingly obvious that he would be pushing for top ups not just for the current 30, but also the next 30 as well to ensure that he has the strongest contingent from which to choose from.

He could have gone into the discussions naked with full body tattoos of Mowen swimming with Koi, brandishing the lost testament according to Mowen, and handed out signed full sized posters of Mowen to all attendees. We don't know, because we weren't there.

Just because Mowen didn't get a top up does not mean Link did not go into bat for him.

M

Muttonbird

Haha, very colourful gel, but if Mowen was important to Link, he would have been treated as such by the ARU. Instead, Link has gone back to "someone he knows", as Jake White put it.

T

Train Without a Station

That's an interesting view from Muttonbird, which takes absolutely no consideration of limited funds for player salaries and who the ARU already have contracted in the positions of 6 and 8.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Muttonbird you should be more concerned young NZ players like Guildford (24), Jackson Willison (25) and Fritz Lee (25) are leaving to go to France and not 30 year-old Australians.

Isn't Guildford the Kiwi's off field equivalent of James BrandO'Bieber and Gilbert Beale?

I'd have thought that having him in France would be mutually beneficial to all parties.

T

TOCC

One 30yr old Wallaby with 15 caps leaves Australia and apparently its the end of the world, yet half a dozen of All Blacks in their mid 20's are leaving New Zealand and Australia is the one with the problem.

funny little world

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
One 30yr old Wallaby with 15 caps leaves Australia and apparently its the end of the world, yet half a dozen of All Blacks in their mid 20's are leaving New Zealand and Australia is the one with the problem.

funny little world

I think we have plenty lining up to take their place TOCC.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
mene-jpg.2257

Posted previously on G&GR forum but a classic that still makes me chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.