• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Non-Australian Super Rugby Matches - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

That was an odd game, Canes dominated most of the first half- but only had a small lead to show for it, Lions looked like they were going to sneak a win with a stronger second half, then the game blew out in a matter of 5 minutes with a score line that looked like a thrashing. Coach killer of a game!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Looks fine in the highlights, sounds shit in the thread. A.Savea with impressive crazy horse try. Bogan Barrett stretches the legs and off he goes. His pen kicking needs work though, looks like he doesnt stay in with the kick, starts absent-mindedly running off back to halfway half way thru his fuckin follow through. Effortless natural style though, maybe its just all too easy for him...... almost the complete polar opposite of Ryan Nicholas kicking style, the single most painful, laborious, unnatural rugby viewing experience known to man. His kicking attempts are like trying to watch a man have a baby through the eye of a needle.

ps the whole comp is halfway fucked without the participation of its 2 most devasting open field runners: Waisake Naholo and Nehe Milner-Skudder.

Reactions: mst

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That was an odd game, Canes dominated most of the first half- but only had a small lead to show for it, Lions looked like they were going to sneak a win with a stronger second half, then the game blew out in a matter of 5 minutes with a score line that looked like a thrashing. Coach killer of a game!

KINGS looked like pulling off an unlikely upset, too :)

Looks fine in the highlights, sounds shit in the thread. A.Savea with impressive crazy horse try. Bogan Barrett stretches the legs and off he goes. His pen kicking needs work though, looks like he doesnt stay in with the kick, starts absent-mindedly running off back to halfway half way thru his fuckin follow through. Effortless natural style though, maybe its just all too easy for him.. almost the complete polar opposite of Ryan Nicholas kicking style, the single most painful, laborious, unnatural rugby viewing experience known to man. His kicking attempts are like trying to watch a man have a baby through the eye of a needle.

ps the whole comp is halfway fucked without the participation of its 2 most devasting open field runners: Waisake Naholo and Nehe Milner-Skudder.

Yup, 'twas like watching the HorrorCanes of old & as if their 2015 season never happened. That said, they're now 3/5 & will finish the weekend in the Top 8: I'm assuming a Tribe win v Force and/ or Clan over Rebs so their reign as NZ Conf l Anders will be as brief as the Bloos' last year..................

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Kings leak a lot of points. A LOT. Teams are only needing to find 5th gear for about 10 minutes a game and that's enough to leave them in the dust.

Please tell me the Bluestards play them this season. Even their spacco 3-wheeled Lada might be able to find 2nd gear for long enough to run the pricks down

ps how do you like my new sig? Fuckin awesome thats how.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ yeah but auto-correct doesn't know that & I couldn't be arsed changing it, 'twas only the HorrorCanes after all :)

mateegg

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone else here sniffing an upset by the Sunwolves? I feel like just maybe their erratic style of play will confuse the bulls enough to sneak through a few times

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Thought Canes were suffering Reds disease. 10 too deep, way too deep and 9 taking 2 or 3 steps before passing. Too much sideways.

Pack not making advantage and backs running huge m just to fail before the gain line.

Nothing takes away from their very Kiwi counter punch.

But I was amused over the ref mike after the forwards had a gruelling time protecting the line, quite clear, "Fuck off Barrett".

Peace and harmony at the canes.

G

galumay

Nice start by the Sunwolves with an early try. Pity about the crowd.

G

galumay

Wonderful try finished off by Yamada, used the old maori sidestep combined with headbutt on the last defender!

G

galumay

Clever try to Yatomi from the lineout, another close loss for the Sunwolves, 27-30, they are going to win a game soon!!

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Did the commentators forget to turn on their mics for the Jags v Stormers match or is there just no English commentary team?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
With the Blues having successfully negotiated the Bye (see Dismal Pilllock's thread to read how they just snuck home with their risk adverse strategy), congrats to the NZ conference which saw winners here, there and everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.