• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby Season 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Well I think some of our forwards are going to need a rest next week. Georgia will be physical but I still think we'll win without too many issues. I'd go with Kilcoyne, Strauss, Ah You, Foley, POC, Ruddock, Henry, Heaslip, Marmion, Madigan, Zebo, D'Arcy, Henshaw, Bowe, Kearney

Would rest at least 2 of the back 3 as well. Good chance to play some others for 60 minutes and have Kearney and Bowe on the bench.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Well St Joe might actually be ready for canonisation. We absolutely stuffed South Africa, left them scrabbling about behind the gain line because anytime they came anywhere near it they were battered. My motm was Mike Ross who just held in there by his bleeding finger nails even though he was palpably not fit. BOD might have retired but in Conor Murray we have the best in the world in his position and you can do a lot more from 9 than even his BODliness managed from 13. The relationship between CM and Sexton is starting to purr and Henshaw looks to the manor born. Still think there is ample room for improvement. Hope the rumours about Chris Henry are not true. Delighted to be proved wrong although Foley should still be ahead of McCarthy.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Would rest at least 2 of the back 3 as well. Good chance to play some others for 60 minutes and have Kearney and Bowe on the bench.

Who would you bring in though? You'd assume Kearney will play to keep regaining his fitness levels, we're not exactly flush for wingers at the moment. Unless one of Kearney or Jones line out on the wing

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Who would you bring in though? You'd assume Kearney will play to keep regaining his fitness levels, we're not exactly flush for wingers at the moment. Unless one of Kearney or Jones line out on the wing

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Leader/Jones/Olding and Gilroy. It's a good chance to see what they can do in Green. At least give one of them a place this week.

As well as Marmion and give Murray a rest.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Murray should not be within an asses roar of the Georgia game. Marmion to start, Reddan on the bench. My team would be

Killer. Strauss. Rodders. Hightower. Foley. Ruddock. TOD. Ryan. Marmion. Madigan. Gilroy. Henshaw. Payne. Luuke(touchwood). Kearney. Replacements.Herring( should be Casey but he has to be injured), Warwick, furlong, anyone but Paulie. Diack. Reddan. Keatley. Felix.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
There was a show on Ben Mowen on Eurosports and how he's getting on at Montpellier.

There's a replay at 8pm tonight (Thursday 13/11), if anybody is interested - there's some good bits in it.

Just as well they filmed it before their game against Brive last weekend - he had a shocker, though he wasn't the Lone Ranger.

The two Paris teams are in 3rd and 4th place in the Top 14 and third placed Stade Francais (which was coached by both Cheika and McKenzie, incidentally) has a -32 points differential.

Not very interesting? As you were then - carry on.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Sarries reveal another part of their master plan to change rugby so that it serves their needs above all others. This time they want to employ referees so they can tell them what to do for the good for the game.*

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/30196682

*for "the game" see Saracens.

Sarries really need to go jump off a bridge, totally sick of their Sh@t. Why don't they go and find a coach and players that can win trophies instead of carrying on like children and whinging over everything.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO LEARN THAT NO TEAM IS BIGGER THAN THE GAME

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Sarries reveal another part of their master plan to change rugby so that it serves their needs above all others. This time they want to employ referees so they can tell them what to do for the good for the game.*

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/30196682

*for "the game" see Saracens.

Sarries really need to go jump off a bridge, totally sick of their Sh@t. Why don't they go and find a coach and players that can win trophies instead of carrying on like children and whinging over everything.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO LEARN THAT NO TEAM IS BIGGER THAN THE GAME

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Hasn't been picked up by any of their cheerleaders in the English print media, the battle fought for the Heineken cup felt like it was existential at the time, when you read nonsense like this out of the most vocal of all the Nigels you realise letting these c'nts take control of the club game in the NH was a disaster.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
So the Nigels cup is off again. The predictability of the format means that seven of the eight quarter finalists are massive odds on to qualify after two rounds. Inevitably, this has led to weakened selections with Bath leaving their England players on the bench against Montpellier. The only group that isn't, to all intents and purposes, decided is the one containing Munster, Clermont, Saracens and Sale. Only one team has a realistic chance of escaping. Hoping Sale who are in Good form can get a win against Saracens before Munster beat Clermont later on in Limerick.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A little off-topic but I'd love to know what our Irish posters think of the Irish RWC 2013 bid, mostly in terms of feasibility. If it happens I may have to make going to it an early 60th birthday present to myself!

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
A little off-topic but I'd love to know what our Irish posters think of the Irish RWC 2013 bid, mostly in terms of feasibility. If it happens I may have to make going to it an early 60th birthday present to myself!

The RWC is probably the biggest sporting event that Ireland would have the capacity to cope with. Rugby on it's own doesn't have enough stadia but coupled with the GAA there would be plenty of venues between north and south to handle it.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
The RWC is probably the biggest sporting event that Ireland would have the capacity to cope with. Rugby on it's own doesn't have enough stadia but coupled with the GAA there would be plenty of venues between north and south to handle it.

Not sure about the GAA stadiums. The "biggest" GAA stadiums are mostly terraced, not seated. They boast impressive attendences, we have a few above 40,000 in GAA with Croker excluded I believe? But yeah, they're all terraced and nowhere near high enough in quality. I reckon if we are bidding, we may see a few GAA stadiums getting generous upgrades.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not sure about the GAA stadiums. The "biggest" GAA stadiums are mostly terraced, not seated. They boast impressive attendences, we have a few above 40,000 in GAA with Croker excluded I believe? But yeah, they're all terraced and nowhere near high enough in quality. I reckon if we are bidding, we may see a few GAA stadiums getting generous upgrades.

I think upgrades to the GAA stadiums, funded by the government, is a given for them to have given permission for the stadiums to be used.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
I think upgrades to the GAA stadiums, funded by the government, is a given for them to have given permission for the stadiums to be used.

About time too, terraces do create a lot of atmosphere but hell they don't half look outdated, especially given the money the GAA rakes in yearly. If the likes of Thurles is given seats, then I guess we have. 1) Croker 2) Aviva 3) Thomond 4)Ravenhill 5)Renovated GAA stadia 1 6)Renovated GAA stadia 2 - as the big venues. The rest of the smaller games can be shipped off to other parts of the country to GAA stadiums with terraces.

Status
Not open for further replies.