• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

November Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep Cyclo, we used to try doing it through the papers, but there so much whining from Ol' Chuckles they don't listen anymore, so go direct!:D:p

Geez and now bloody Meninga has started it maybe new standard practice if you want to coach an Aussie team:rolleyes:

Ok time to go and find something to do!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yep Cyclo, we used to try doing it through the papers, but there so much whining from Ol' Chuckles they don't listen anymore, so go direct!:D:p

Geez and now bloody Meninga has started it maybe new standard practice if you want to coach an Aussie team:rolleyes:

Ok time to go and find something to do!

Whooosh!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
No need. If you get a dud call, just complain and get a hand-delivered apology from World Rugby's referee director. ;)

Don't forget the decisions onfield you get by using waving-your-hands-while-giving-up-on-defense-because-you're-only-interested-when-you-have-the-ball thing ;)

crybaby1.png

Or if that doesn't immediately work, give the ref and TMO a dose of crybaby-face-because-that-guy-is-faster-than-me.

:D

crybaby2.png

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Retallic out of Irish test because of concussion, hope that keeps all the trolls satisfied that were insinuating it was an act!:mad:
So it looks like Scott Barrett wil get a bench spot and Fifita will get a trip to the States!

Whitelock out as well so presumably Romano & Tuipolotu start with Barrett on the bench & Fifita as cover. Whitelock looks like he could miss the whole tour which could be a blessing in disguise, he's had a big workload this year so the break won't do him (or Retallick assuming he recovers reasonably quickly) any harm looking ahead to B&IL next year.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Couldn't agree more WOB, I think Ben from accounts probably needs a break too, and A Smith's indiscretion was good in the fact I think he needed a break as well. Wouldn't hurt for BB to rest up another test as I thought he was losing sharpness to, but Shag is pretty good at monitoring these things I think.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I've been in my burrow.

Anyone know how we are going to watch these non-Aussie games, in Australia? They don't appear to be on Fox Sports and even the Wallabies' games are on beIN Sports.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^ I shall investigate & report back. I'm thinking the Red button on ones Foxtel remote may be involved, IIRC that was the case last time AB's went North.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^
You could watch the All Blacks games last year without using the red button channel - though I can't remember if I watched it on Setanta or the regular FoxSports channels.

I don't think they were on the red button channel because I recorded all the non-Aussie games in case I fell asleep, and you can't record stuff on the red button channels - or at least, you couldn't for the NZ v Aus Schools game I watched on the red button channel a few weeks back.

So, if it is on the red button channel you may have to watch it live.

The fact that the schools' game was on the red button channel about 3 weeks ago, and also that you couldn't record it, wasn't confirmed by Foxtel (by pressing the info button) until quite late - and not long before game time.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Lee, I'm not aware of the coverage of any of the ABs and other games, but I did notice that the Wallabies/France game doesn't appear in the November Foxtel magazine as well. Nor the French Barbarians game too.

Wouldn't it be possible to record the red button games just after they commence?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Lee, I'm not aware of the coverage of any of the ABs and other games, but I did notice that the Wallabies/France game doesn't appear in the November Foxtel magazine as well. Nor the French Barbarians game too.

Wouldn't it be possible to record the red button games just after they commence?

You'd think it would be possible to record the red button games but when I watched that schools' game on the red button channel a few weeks ago there was a warning that it couldn't be recorded, and when I tried anyway it didn't work.

Maybe it will be different for a rugby test - if indeed they are on the red button channel.

As for the Wallabies' games - I don't think they're on Free to Air; so if that test against France isn't on TV it would be the first time for yonks that you couldn't watch a Wob test match against a major rugby nation.

Should we hold our breath waiting for information on the ARU website?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Was just trying to find Ireland v NZ from Chicago to make sure I have it recording and can't find it anywhere. All these sports channels and only showing one of three international on the weekend?

Wish both channels websites were user friendly for finding out the games they are showing.

Seems BeIN is showing

Wales v Wallabies: Sunday 6 November, 1.30am
Scotland v Wallabies: Sunday 13 November, 1.30am
Ireland v Wallabies: Sunday 27 November, 4.30am

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ireland Squad for New Zealand: Finlay Bealham, Rory Best (c), Joey Carbery, Sean Cronin, Ultan Dillane, Tadgh Furlong, Craig Gilroy, Cian Healy, Jamie Heaslip, Robbie Henshaw, Billy Holland, Rob Kearney, Kieran Marmion, Jack McGrath, Luke McGrath, Jordi Murphy, Conor Murray, Jared Payne, Garry Ringrose, Donnacha Ryan, John Ryan, Jonathan Sexton, CJ Stander, Devin Toner, Andrew Trimble, Josh van der Flier, Simon Zebo

No Paddy Jackson ("personal reasons") & no Sean O'Brien, Iain Henderson or Peter O'Mahony due to injury. Jackson's withdrawal probably means a bench spot for NZ-born Carbery who's been quite the schoolboy & U20 star but has only nine Pro 12 matches to his name.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...for-surprise-ireland-debut-against-all-blacks

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Don't forget the decisions onfield you get by using waving-your-hands-while-giving-up-on-defense-because-you're-only-interested-when-you-have-the-ball thing ;)

View attachment 8625

Or if that doesn't immediately work, give the ref and TMO a dose of crybaby-face-because-that-guy-is-faster-than-me.

:D

View attachment 8626
Part of all blacks training is watching soccer matches to learn the art of how to milk penalties...seems Julian savea is a quick learner...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

galumay

Part of all blacks training is watching soccer matches to learn the art of how to milk penalties.seems Julian savea is a quick learner.

I guess its an attempt at humour, but equating a player protesting about another player cheating doesnt equate to milking penalties al la soccer.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I guess its an attempt at humour, but equating a player protesting about another player cheating doesnt equate to milking penalties al la soccer.

I think you have not understood that you have just effectively written an oxy moron.....milking penalties in soccer e.g. diving when not actually struck is same as cheating....! I think you just provided your own humour with that post....

G

galumay

I think you have not understood that you have just effectively written an oxy moron...milking penalties in soccer e.g. diving when not actually struck is same as cheating..! I think you just provided your own humour with that post..

You have missed the point then! Re read what I wrote. Complaining about cheating does not equal cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.