• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Final - Western Force v Canberra Vikings - UWA Sports Park - Saturday, 26 Oct - Noon (WST)

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Force would have run away with it awhile back if the backs were on song... the forwards winning it for them today.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Hmmm.. thought he might have bobbled it.. should have been yellow card if no-try anyway..

B

Bobby Sands

Deegan to Wallabies 10 would be such a great story, and such a great endorsement for Western Force rugby.

Very glad they are going to finally win the NRC after being the best team consistently since inception.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Deegan to Wallabies 10 would be such a great story, and such a great endorsement for Western Force rugby.

Very glad they are going to finally win the NRC after being the best team consistently since inception.

I just wish it was more of a competition. I'm interested to see how Deegan goes at the Rebels next year. He's got to be in consideration for a chance at Wallabies 10 if he keeps showing up.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
We must be watching different games. Lonergan has created almost every linebreak for the Vikings so far. Fines has been putting the ball on Deegan's bootlaces and just dropped the ball cold over the line.

I'm quite happy to say that we've seen different games. Fines and Deegan together have absolutely run the game while Lonergan particularly and Lolesio have have shown nothing.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Force comfortably. Reckon they win by 30 from here. How can the Vikings be so cooked coming out of halftime?

Poor decision to leave it too late to travel. But the main reason is the poor front row. They have been beaten up by Harry Lloyd et al, and was alsways the issue for the Vikings. Lost 2 of the first 3 games through poor scrummaging and it has come back to bite them again. Can't for the life of me figure why Nick Scrivener would replace Abra with Kaheia so early. A weak scrum then becomes an absolute shambles.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Lonergan has matched him in scrum-half play this season, but is also one of the best goal kickers in the country, which has tipped him over the edge.

That is the reasoning, but it's flawed. Actually, Lonergan is three classes below Joe and his goal kicking should not be a consideration. Either Lolesio or Keunzle could handle the kicks and offer a lot more in the game.

I think Noah showed today that he is more a 12 than a 10. Keunzle should start next year for the Brumbies.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm quite happy to say that we've seen different games. Fines and Deegan together have absolutely run the game while Lonergan particularly and Lolesio have have shown nothing.

I've got to agree with uh Huh, some of Fines passing was poor. He reminds me of Sorovi somewhat with his energy, but there are technical aspects that would take his game from good to great. Deegan was consistently better. I think Lonergan was always going to look poor behind that forward pack effort.