1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC onwards and upwards

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by RugbyReg, Oct 21, 2015.

1. WorkingClassRugger Mark Ella (57)

That's sort of my thinking. With the relative clear air we got in the first 4-5 rounds our ratings were quite good. We should be looking at making that a more prolonged and consistent thing.
    RebelYell likes this.
  2. Adam84 Bill McLean (32)

What impact does the new global rugby calendar and restructured super rugby comp have in terms of opening space in the domestic calendar? Non-test Super Rugby players should return to the club competitions much earlier I would think.
  3. Rebels3 Dick Tooth (41)

Either that or they will search short deals in Europe/Japan to bridge the gap. Places like Italy or the French Pro D2 could see an influx of players on 2/3 month deals. Guys looking for experiences while also earning a few extra dollars
  4. WorkingClassRugger Mark Ella (57)

Will depend on what happens with the NRC I would think.
  5. Rebels3 Dick Tooth (41)

You’re right, that’d be under the proviso the NRC is no more and no professional domestic alternative was offered.
  6. kiap Paul McLean (56)

A new season is upon us.

Was good to see Alivereti Veitokani win the Fiji Sportsman of the Year award a few months back, based largely on his expliots in the toast rack-winning Fijian Drua team.

The would-be Reds poach won't be playing NRC this time around, though.

I haven't seen any squad names for the Drua at this stage, but my gut feel is they won't be quite as dominant in 2019 as they were last year.

Should be an interesting comp!
  7. ForceFan Trevor Allan (34)

Round 1
    Force vs Qld Country
    Saturday, August 31
    3pm kick-off (WST)
    All Western Force NRC games will be shown LIVE on Kayo Sports and RUGBY.com.au.

69085971_2123567704610186_4480409698780053504_n.jpg
    HJ Nelson and Getwithme like this.