• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rd 2: Qld Country v Canberra Vikings - Sunday 3pm

B

Bobby Sands

Watching Isaac Lucas destroy sides in the JWC has been pretty eye opening, similar to the try he created against the Tahs I think it was.

As much as he has played 10 as a junior I think 15 might be his senior position as a Damien McKenzie type.

I like Hamish as a 12 / utility and think he obviously has value.

I don't mind Bryce at 10, but think that Carter Gordon might be the long-term solution.

I also think we will start the season next year with McReight at 7 and Wright at 6.

Jordy and Isaac are essentially new recruits, and two of the most promising backs in the country.

Just watched the QLD Country game, and to be honest I was blown away. The kids of the Reds + some club players just essentially beat the best of the Brumbies without required Wallabies.

I thought I would go back to one of my own posts to see how it matches up to my thoughts now.

First things first, Hamish has found his spot at 12. He just loves contact, and it was inspired effort of will more than pure guile. He is a player. Can now play 10, 12, 15 - very handy.

Carter Gordon is the classic 10. Dare I say it, he seems a Bernie clone in style (settle down, I am not saying he is Bernie). He looks really good today, as well as looking really lost at times. Got monstered in contact a bit, but his defensive technique is first rate. He is still a year or so away, but gee he looks organised.

Haven't watched the City game yet, so can't comment on Lucas's game at 10.

Harry Wilson is a rugby god. I don't care who says I am "talking him up", he is an absolutely phenomenal footballer. His hands are quite literally world class. The off-load and tip on pass his gave today were like Brian O'Driscoll. That is not even mentioning his tireless charges and defence in tight. A grader.

Scott-Young was industrious, and won almost all contact he was involved in.

The tall timber were bloody good... I've heard a few Brumbies posters say Darcy Swain (also from QLD) is ahead of Hockings & Blythe, but it is just not accurate. Both of them gave him a bath today.

Wihongi is bloody good even out of position.

Carter Ozanne needs an academy contract at the least. He is built like Gimli and plays like Mealamu.

Great, great win. Thorn's vision of QLD rugby is crystallising. Shame on the naysayers, the players are voting with their feet and contract lengths.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Very happy to keep them out at the end there. Great team performance, good day for QLD at Bond.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Very happy to keep them out at the end there. Great team performance, good day for QLD at Bond.

Gottta say, gee it's a nice play to watch a game. Or two games, as was the case today.

I went down for one game last year and liked it, ditto today.

Going to different grounds is something I really like about the present incarnation of NRC, altho' I also got pretty relaxed and comfortable with tripping to B'more for City games...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He was OK, I want us to be more dominant at the breakdown, I'm not convinced he is getting on the ball enough. We have riches in the breakaway dept so I have set the bar very high! He did run well.

I agree. I reckon we need more of a 7 there. Tom Kibble wold be sensational in that backrow.