• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rd 6: Canberra Vikings v Sydney, 12pm 5 October

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've just gotta say...............

I've seen quite a lot of mention of Samu being a "small forward," who seems to play beyond his size...

But today watching him and Valetini play together... despite what their height and weight stats say - Samu certainly looks "bigger."

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Definitely think Rob is taller than Pete.

Two exceptional forwards who will make their presence felt in different ways from next year. Rob is rock solid in defense and anyone who runs into him will know it. Pete has a touch of Ardie Savea about his ball carrying in close quarters. He just never gives up and makes more ground in contact than any other player in the country.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I've just gotta say.....

I've seen quite a lot of mention of Samu being a "small forward," who seems to play beyond his size.

But today watching him and Valetini play together. despite what their height and weight stats say - Samu certainly looks "bigger."

Yeah noticed the same thing, he looked considerably bigger than i've thought he was.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
His hair seems to be adding a few centimetres though.

Quality player. I wasn’t overly a fan to start with, but Samu has impressed the hell out of me this year. Your backrow above looks bes to me Brumbieman and will be formidable.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Based on this year's Super form, it will be hard leaving Jahrome Brown out of the 15. Best pilferer left in the team imo.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yep. Arnold, Pocock and Christian will all be missed.

On the topic of second rowers, I thought Nick Frost put in easily his best performance on the weekend. Good signs for a year or two down the track.