• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Fiji Drua v Brisbane City

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
A lot of walking from city. A lot. And poor decision making. One of the Smith's finds a hole, runs through it and needs to give it but goes to ground. It gets messy and the next phase penalty turnover to Fiji.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just started watching and have seen 2 Fijian tries in 2 minutes. The Fijian offloading ability is incredible but the Brisbane defence is horrific.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Soon to be 56 - 0. Brisbane should just get back on the plane now. If Fiji keep this form up they are contenders. Brisbane. Well, they don't even look like pretenders at present.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I haven't been able to watch the game, but can I assume the Quade brigade is going to be a lot quieter on the front page comments this weekend?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I haven't been able to watch the game, but can I assume the Quade brigade is going to be a lot quieter on the front page comments this weekend?

He's been contained very well by the Drua. But he hasn't really created too much when given the space and hasn't made great decisions overall. But he's still be significantly better than Hunt.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Drua has an answer to everything Brisbane throw at them. It's been a very impressive and professional performance.

It's amazing how much talent Fiji produces. If the Drua can become a more professional organisation with a full season (WSR + NRC) it'll do wonders for Fijian rugby. No reason why they can't become a consistent tier 1 level international team.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
It's amazing how much talent Fiji produces. If the Drua can become a more professional organisation with a full season (WSR + NRC) it'll do wonders for Fijian rugby. No reason why they can't become a consistent tier 1 level international team.

The talent levels are ridiculous.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Does anyone know how similar the Drua squad is to last year? I think I read the 10 from last year got a contract in France. Guessing some others may have as well.

And I think it's fair to say a few of these guys will get contracts after this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.