• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Stars v QLD Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From the Fitz Files today:
Sydney Uni Inter Collegiate XV. Made up of full-time uni students from the four residential colleges, they defeated the NRC Stars Emerging side, made up of semi-professional and other players on the rugby "pathway", 68-63 with a try after the full-time bell, having been down 21-50 at half-time. RAH!

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-fitz-files/fitz-files-20150828-gj9xvd.html#ixzz3k9O6AchI

Seems tackling may have been an optional extra all night at Leichhardt Oval. The Curtain Raiser saw 131 points scored, along with 90 points from the main game. That's 221 points all up from 160 minutes of footy. The busiest chap there must have been the Scoreboard Attendant.

The Australian Cricket team often fails to even score 221 runs, and they have all day to do it.

something

Jim Clark (26)
In respects to the backs, there was a fair bit of headless chook syndrome happening from QLD country. At times it was very frustrating to watch. lots of pushed passes and flick plays that didn't need to happen.

I though both Tuttle and Duncan had a mixed game. Both had some very good moments (Duncan's clearance & Tuttle trying to pilfer Hanson) but also made some pretty bad decisions at time (Tuttle's first kick to Kingston?! & Duncan fumbling towards the end and some bad passing)

Greene was easily the motm, every time he was around the ball something happened, and he kicked 5/5. He kicked it out on the full once, but i think that was his only mistake really.

Was CFS even on the field? Perese was really really good. Pincus was quiet but solid. The replacement 12 was good i thought.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
There was quite a nice insight into Dennis's captaining skills in the NRC highlights package on Fox, he was miked up for the game - worth a listen

Status
Not open for further replies.