• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 6: Melbourne Rising v Western Sydney Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
F for the Rising.
A+ for the Rams.
D- for the Ref.

Very few put in the required effort. Rams excellent, definitely the best Forward pack in the comp, and with an actual fly half, the backs look so much better.

Nice to see Yamada and Hosea make debuts.

Referee was ok but he definitely wanted to have an influence on the game, which is a massive no no IMO. Needs a lot more time before he's seriously considered for higher honours.

Think a few boys would have a line through their names for starters jerseys for the start of next season.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah, Rising making up the numbers. Debra makes it a 3rd YC for them.

But Viiga gets his hat trick :)

30-60 Rams at 70 mins

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Defending the Horan Little Shield is supposed to "give you wings".

Not happening this year. Holding the Shield has become a millstone with some pretty limp defences this year.

Actually I think this competition is a real demonstration of A beats B beats C beats A.

Because of the limited preparation, changing lineups, and short season, some teams just have the right game to beat others, but not all. And this is borne out by cellar-dwellers handing finalists their arses this weekend.

The Rams have, in a lot of ways, been the best attacking team, considering the talent levels of everyone. But a few things held them back i.e. Asquith at 10.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
In that case the Rams are due to lose next week against the Eagles.

Much as I like the Eagles, the Rams should deny them the chance to take the HL Shield.

Don't offer it. Be selfish. Get WSR carved into it this weekend and lock it away. Never give a sucker an even break.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah I think it's only compulsory to defend after one home game.

Use the rules to their limit.

They're crap rules anyway given there is no recognition for early and mid-season holders.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Much as I like the Eagles, the Rams should deny them the chance to take the HL Shield.

Don't offer it. Be selfish. Get WSR carved into it this weekend and lock it away. Never give a sucker an even break.
Been best quality football this year out of three years running - lessons been learned and reflected in teams who win really being pumped to win and Super Rugby players taking it more seriously (note some need to pull their finger out and still take it seriously but heading in right direction).

Now just need to get more watching the quality of football and entertainment on offer. Clubs doing their best but yes need some help.

Dissappointed that not seen Gibson at any of NSW nrc team games and/or interviewed to promote nrc. He needs to understand his role is to promote rugby in his position in NSW or he can just piss off as lots of good domestic coaches who can take over if he does not improve his game here. Piss poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Actually I think this competition is a real demonstration of A beats B beats C beats A.

Because of the limited preparation, changing lineups, and short season, some teams just have the right game to beat others, but not all. And this is borne out by cellar-dwellers handing finalists their arses this weekend.

The Rams have, in a lot of ways, been the best attacking team, considering the talent levels of everyone. But a few things held them back i.e. Asquith at 10.

Asquith looked a hell of a lot better today. Why? Because he wasn't playing in the primary play makers role. When not burdened with that he's actually not a bad footballer and looks a lot more comfortable as a secondary ball player.

Both he and Walton seem to work well in tandem which is bloody frustrating as that was plainly obvious from the first game of the season. Why it took until week 6 for Muggleton and Co. to make the necessary tweaks is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong. Two wins on the trot is excellent especially with the fight shown last week and the confidence and control this week but considering the three close loses leading into last weekend you have to wonder what might have been if we started the season with Walton at 10 and Asquith at 12.

Anyway...GO RAMS.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The H-L Shield is up next week. It's a Rams home game so will be up for Challenge.

As will be a new trophy.....

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

As it's unlikely we'll see finals footy I think we should seize any chance to ensure we leave with some silverware. I agree, stuff'em. It's ours.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Asquith looked a hell of a lot better today. Why? Because he wasn't playing in the primary play makers role. When not burdened with that he's actually not a bad footballer and looks a lot more comfortable as a secondary ball player.

Both he and Walton seem to work well in tandem which is bloody frustrating as that was plainly obvious from the first game of the season. Why it took until week 6 for Muggleton and Co. to make the necessary tweaks is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong. Two wins on the trot is excellent especially with the fight shown last week and the confidence and control this week but considering the three close loses leading into last weekend you have to wonder what might have been if we started the season with Walton at 10 and Asquith at 12.

Anyway.GO RAMS.
Yeh your post reflects mine - mistakes made but they have learnt from them so if one looking forward the future is much brighter for the Rams. Like all nrc clubs they need some outside help to market what is becoming high quality rugby to watch so others aware what they are missing..

Definitely heading in right direction in quality of product now just need more innovative ideas how to promote and expand ( re: pacific Island country involvement which could help with marketing but zero money spent on marketing outside of nrc clubs won't work).

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Damn and what new trophy?
Yup.

This gets my vote:

EcQ83V8m.jpg

:)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Disappointed that not seen Gibson at any of NSW NRC team games.....

Daryl was at the Rays/Eagles match at Pittwater a coupla weeks ago. He certainly chatted to me although for him it was in his personal capacity as his billy lids were with him. I suspect he's attended a few other NRC matches in Sydney but wants to leave the NRC lot to have their moment in the sun.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Daryl was at the Rays/Eagles match at Pittwater a coupla weeks ago. He certainly chatted to me although for him it was in his personal capacity as his billy lids were with him. I suspect he's attended a few other NRC matches in Sydney but wants to leave the NRC lot to have their moment in the sun.
Thanks mate good to hear but he is high profile figure so being a hidden wall flower does not help this comp. needs to have some visibility with interviews when at games with comments of support. Need to ensure this changes next season as about seeking endorsement from high profile figures in rugby across the board to garner support.

Status
Not open for further replies.