• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 8: Canberra v Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)
With Jake McIntyre kicking like he is, and Sam Greene playing fullback this week, the picture of who will play 5/8 for the Reds in 2016 is coming slightly clearer.

How good is McIntyre playing? Leading his backs and controlling the game, passes are gun and his kicking has been on fire! Coming off the big hits he still puts the pill where it needs to be. His defence is awesome. A truly well rounded fly half and look forward to seeing him play for the Reds next year! Not seeing him grow though school and rep rugby in QLD, he has not received the accolades others have received but he deserves. This comp has indeed been good for his development.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Sorry, seems I misheard the crowd figure. Twitter says it was 2177, which was still a record for the ground.

Vikings dominated territory and possession, but missed several opportunities in the first half which cost them in the end. The crowd was getting very frustrated by the second half with Brisbane playing the "sleeping kiwi" in the rucks, but they managed to largely negate the Vikings forward dominance, until the second half.

Overall, Brisbane took their chances, and Lealiifano missed 3 conversions to McIntyre's one, and that was enough to get them over the line. It was quite a good game in warm conditions.

Thebank2014

Allen Oxlade (6)
I really believe the city side should be the Reds back line.,,,
Samu and Taefu are working well in th centre
Junior has to be ballymore kid surely
really need to Sign these young guys and keep building

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any Gaggerlanders at the game yesterday?

The "official website" says that Samu Kerevi scored at the 41 minute mark.
http://www.buildcorpnrc.com.au/Arti...leID/16590/By-the-Numbers-Round-8-Re-Cap.aspx

UC Vikings v Brisbane City at Viking Park, Canberra
Brisbane City 37 (P Paraka, J Laloifi, B Hyne, S Kerevi, L Gill tries; J McIntyre 4 cons) defeated UC Vikings 31 (J Butler, R Abel, A Anae, L Lealua-iali-i-Makin tries; C Leali'ifano 2 cons)

Who scored for BCity just after Oranges?

I'm pretty sure that KHUNT got the meatpie, and The Roar highlights reel (Gav the caller at the 0.26 mark) seems to support that as well as the UCVikings twitter feed at the time.
http://www.theroar.com.au/tv/brisbane-hold-off-vikings-in-an-nrc-blockbuster/

KHUNT has come in for some raw deals this year, but does he deserve to be robbed of a meat pie?

How do you correct an injustice like this?

#JusticeForAGoodKHunt.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Crisis averted. Brett Mckay (assisting Gav the Caller) agrees that it was KHunt that scored and has said "I'll let the guys know".

Presuming that this means that the various "official" and "semi official" websites and records will be corrected and justice will be done for a good KHunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.