• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Semi Final - Drua v Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Vikings have done a lot of dumb things over the last 15 minutes............

They should've taken the points when they had the penalty in front.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Christ who'd want to mix it up with Tuisue? What D!

Viking need some cautious territory kicking here but not too much. 8 min to go they also need possession.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Instead they find themselves defending their line.

PENALTY TRY to Drua in the scrum after two that weren't awarded to Vikings earlier?

Drua have this.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Nice consolation try to Vikings in overtime including an amusing hit up by Enever that looked like punching through but the Fijians had hold of D like a sandstone wall.

I don't think that ref did well, but congrats to the Drua. Our first finalist.

Canberra fans must be liking the depth they seem to be building.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That was a match where the good big men beat the good little men again. Not that the Vikings are small in the pack, but they played like small men today, but in the backline the Drua simply smashed our little men. JJH in particular went backwards more than forwards.

Once the Drua scrum started to go forward, their passes also started to stick and they just made ground almost at will. I can't see them being beaten next week. They have been clearly the best team in the competition this year.

BTW, was there not a knock on in the Drua's third try as the scorer slid towards the try line?

EDIT : Hawera was sorely missed, as I thought he might be as soon as he went off. 5 tries to the Vikings to 4 for the Drua, but not one conversion. That was the difference on the scoreboard today. And have to say that Lolesio has a lot of development to do (he is only 18 after all) before he is ready for this level. His skills, game management and goal kicking were all sub-par.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
That was a match where the good big men beat the good little men again. Not that the Vikings are small in the pack, but they played like small men today, but in the backline the Drua simply smashed our little men. JJH in particular went backwards more than forwards.

Once the Drua scrum started to go forward, their passes also started to stick and they just made ground almost at will. I can't see them being beaten next week. They have been clearly the best team in the competition this year.

BTW, was there not a knock on in the Drua's third try as the scorer slid towards the try line?

Marginal though I'd be inclined to say yes more than no. However, I have seen worse given so.........

griffins

Bill Watson (15)

EDIT : Hawera was sorely missed, as I thought he might be as soon as he went off. 5 tries to the Vikings to 4 for the Drua, but not one conversion. That was the difference on the scoreboard today. And have to say that Lolesio has a lot of development to do (he is only 18 after all) before he is ready for this level. His skills, game management and goal kicking were all sub-par.

Just interested in your thoughts on Jackson-Hope as a footballer?

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
wonder how FOX will feel about the final being in Fiji since they refused to broadcast the NRC in Fiji for the last 2 years ad ofcourse geo-blocked it on their site...it actually feels like FOX is intentionally buying rugby union coverage rights and intentionally not showing them.. might be working with Rugby league lol

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
wonder how FOX will feel about the final being in Fiji since they refused to broadcast the NRC in Fiji for the last 2 years ad ofcourse geo-blocked it on their site.it actually feels like FOX is intentionally buying rugby union coverage rights and intentionally not showing them.. might be working with Rugby league lol

What you just wrote doesn’t make any sense...........

Status
Not open for further replies.