• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IMG_0178.JPG

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Please take your Schoolboys Selection Tin Foil Hats to the appropriate thread. Talk AAGPS 2017, not ASRU.

S

sidelineview

Unfounded Gossip on the CAS thread.

But apparently 1 CAS school said no, and there was a feeling Waverly didn't want to play with the big boys.

I have no idea, but I am guessing it is progressing towards more games between the associations and a shorter 1 round comp.

Personally, I think there is merit.

I heard that one CAS school was Barker.
Its all speculation and rumour, but where there's smoke there's fire so the authorities from the different Associations may be considering change.

Element

Frank Row (1)
The GPS comp is fine the way it is. If the competition involved more schools, each team would not get to have a home and away game against each school, which would make the competition unfair.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
The GPS comp is fine the way it is. If the competition involved more schools, each team would not get to have a home and away game against each school, which would make the competition unfair.

@Element there are plenty of arguments for and against.

When schools are doing well and winning plenty of games they like the system.

When a school starts to struggle and looses more than they win, then its easy to see why they would like to broaden the schools played to include ones that may not be quite as strong as the ones that have dominated the GPS for the last 5 years or so.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Just Skimmed through the Athletics results,

couple of football names

Luke Rixon fastest 11.03 over 100 m - came second (dont think that is near his PB)

Oliver Smealie 11.98

and there must be a brother to Yirribi ran 15.05 for U17 110 meter Hurdles - Binban Jaffer-William, does he pull on the boots?
His PB is somewhere around 10.4 I believe

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
One round in 2017? A shame, this double round initiative needed a good five years to shake down. CAS seem to like their double round comp which they've had for, what, six years.

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
I would like to see the GPS schools mix it up a little bit with the teams not in the GPS that they verse each year. Instead of schools versin the exact same team every year in the pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.