• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick DUNN

Frank Row (1)
Sorry to disappoint you but Joeys lost their home game to Newington last year 28-17 in a match that was played in a howling gale and driving rain. Joeys only scored two tries in that match. ;)

Don't feel sorry QH and you have not disappointed me. QH you interpreted it all wrong. I am talking about Newington not Joeys! Newingtion home Game in 2016 with the score Newington 47 to Joeys 48 in an epic game of points.

fell free to watch ;) .

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Don't feel sorry QH and you have not disappointed me. QH you interpreted it all wrong. I am talking about Newington not Joeys! Newingtion home Game in 2016 with the score Newington 47 to Joeys 48 in an epic game of points.

fell free to watch ;) .

I was there. Great game of rugby.:)

PicknGo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys will be favourites but I am tipping an upset by 2 points in a thriller:

• Joeys may have the edge with a bigger tight 5 although people like McClennan won't take a backward step but Riverview will counter this with a slightly bigger & stronger back 3 who are on fire particularly with Rorke;
  • Easy (missed Joeys trial) & Bell counter the Reilly factor and the View backs will have superior pace & are slicker compared to a Joeys back line which seems to have had problems deciding who to play & where all season;
  • Riverview always lift against Joeys particularly at Joeys in the past few years.
Can't help but think both sides are coming good at the wrong end of the season.
Should be a great game.
I agree a View win is definitely possible. This team is playing much better rugby to the one that went down in the trial game to Joeys (with the exception of 45 minutes against scots!). They dominated played with both flair and resilience aginst New and Kings and their 1st half against Shore was exceptional.

The View tight 5 has got better every game and they play a very tough and relentless approach to the breakdown which will test Joeys, in paryicular in the second half.

The back line loves to run from anywhere and take risks. Easy is managing his options really well at fly half and Bell will no doubt be impactful again out wide.

Expect Rorke to do plenty of running and halfback Will Grant to mix it up in broken play.

Am hoping it will be a great day at HH with a big crowd for what is always a highlight of rhe GPS season.

View by 5.

One eyed pirate

Ward Prentice (10)
Really. If I was the Kings coach, I would have had a very noisy word to my outside backs telling them to cut that crap out. Not needed.

I'm not a fan of that behaviour either but if you have watched the scots 14 play lots like I have, I'm not surprised he cops a bit. Regardless, it's another brain snap by him which could have easily led to a card and changed the course of the game. I think the scots coaches have benched him in the past for a week or two for that sort of stuff.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
The Riverview match at Hunters Hill usually results in parking on Boronia Park, a short walk along Ryde Road and Augustine Street. Check the Joeys website later this week, it should be announced there.

Think you will find that Hunters Hill Subbies are playing their last home game at Boronia Park on Saturday - so there will be no parking on ovals there. Parking will be at an all time premium on Saturday anywhere in Hunters Hill.

S

SillyBilly

Mr Honey Badger : I don't like the Chance of Shores coaches changing game plan - since they have been involved with the team 4 years ago nothing has changed, except there defence has got even worse. Anyway Im hoping for a Shore win so Kings can maybe get 1 hand on the trophy!!

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Ahhh, the smell of gloat. I suspect it would be thick in the air frequently at Jacks.

yes indeed, no one does the gloat like a Joe Boy's supporter with a skinful of Vitamin B under the cassock....

...... and now for a historical interlude.....

Jacks Monastry Bar and Grill as it was then known, Circa 1897 with Brother Denis disgracing himself after a dodgy tankard of altar wine celebrating another Joe Boys win

Monk.jpg

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Just hope that Shore turn up.

Hope that the coaches have been working on a very different game plan.

They are not going to do any good playing a traditional game. Scots too strong.

I saw Sinclair kick wide to Rixon on the last play vs Newington and it was a great play
and Rixon scored a great try.

They will need lots of that play vs Scots to have any chance.

I will be on the sideline in spirit willing the Shoremen on to a great and deserved win over the Bellevue Hill, Latte Sipping, Vespa riders. I'm sick of wearing this bridesmaids dress

Bridesmaid.jpg

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mr Honey Badger : I don't like the Chance of Shores coaches changing game plan - since they have been involved with the team 4 years ago nothing has changed, except there defence has got even worse. Anyway Im hoping for a Shore win so Kings can maybe get 1 hand on the trophy!!
Probably not, but hopefully they find a way to get the speedy backs into space.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Kings v New - match report

If anyone can write a report (even a short one) for the Kings v New game tomorrow, please let me know, either here or by sending me a convo.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.