• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
And since you like retrospectives, please let me know in which post I expressed any sort of enthusiasm for these trials?

That would typically be seen as evident in the alacrity with which you joined the tipping comp - few do that for events they are disinterested in.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Ominous for high. Two points a minute is a rather severe spanking

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I hear that rugby is just about on its last legs there. They have 16A and B and apparently the 16As are reasonable. Possibly only one team in the younger age groups.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys Team List V Waverley

1 Lincoln Blackall
2 Julian Heaven
3 Harvey Lawler
4 Nicholas Jansen
5 John Yates
6 Liam Scolari
7 Paddy Dalton (C)
8 Benjamin Houston
9 Dylan Dowling (VC)
10 Vincent Creagh
11 Daniel O'Brien
12 Thonas Everleigh
13 Tristan Reilly
14 Lachlan Shortis
15 Joseph Kandalaft

Replacements

16 Jack Quinn
17 Xavier Ryan
18 Zack Carey
19 Joe Dalton

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Ominous for high. Two points a minute is a rather severe spanking

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

High should never ever played Aloys. There Rugby should be geared towards to Division 2 ISA. Other schools that High should consider playing are Hunter Valley Grammar, Illawarra Grammar School, Hills Grammar School.
The boys should be able to enjoy Rugby, and playing schools with only one or two teams in their age group is best their Rugby Program.

S

sidelineview

High should never ever played Aloys. There Rugby should be geared towards to Division 2 ISA. Other schools that High should consider playing are Hunter Valley Grammar, Illawarra Grammar School, Hills Grammar School.
The boys should be able to enjoy Rugby, and playing schools with only one or two teams in their age group is best their Rugby Program.

That's a lesson learnt for the organisers. It seems they're trying to be fair but this one didnt work.

S

sidelineview

Joeys Team List V Waverley

1 Lincoln Blackall
2 Julian Heaven
3 Harvey Lawler
4 Nicholas Jansen
5 John Yates
6 Liam Scolari
7 Paddy Dalton (C)
8 Benjamin Houston
9 Dylan Dowling (VC)
10 Vincent Creagh
11 Daniel O'Brien
12 Thonas Everleigh
13 Tristan Reilly
14 Lachlan Shortis
15 Joseph Kandalaft

Replacements

16 Jack Quinn
17 Xavier Ryan
18 Zack Carey

How did Dylan Dowling play? He made Combined States last year as a Year 11 student.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
How did Dylan Dowling play? He made Combined States last year as a Year 11 student.

Bit hard to say given dominance of Waverley pack. Waverley halfback did score a sniping try from close in which would have hurt the SJC half. Overall the Waverley half won the day but always hard to tell when one is playing behind a group going forward. Still, the Bell/Donaldson combination looks pretty slick - the advantage of playing together through the years at school.

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
Was at The Knox v New game yesterday.
Wonderful game of rugby. Knox showed patches of brilliance , ruggedness and skillful speed . Along with the results coming through from Waverley matches each week , cant wait for a combined competition to get going.

S

sidelineview

Let's not get carried away given 2 of the 15 play extra-curricula league to the best of my knowledge. This year group has been strong throughout and without the injection of scholarship players know each other's play. They play in the traditional high risk running Waverley way but their skill level (and discipline) is such that they are able to decimate teams when it comes off. It won't always (see Kings) but it is a great example of entertaining schoolboy running rugby baed on some aggressive defence work.

It's pleasing to hear Waverley are playing the same confident running style of play as was established last season and which was such a pleasure to watch; and the coaches are continuing to encourage it.

Along with strong defence and plenty of ''mongrel'' the current Waves crop obviously have the skills to make it work.

There should be a decent crowd next week at Death Valley to see them take on Newington.

S

sidelineview

In order to concentrate the wang about the current AAGPS/CAS "arrangement" I have created a new thread in the schoolboy forum.

Please post your comments in that thread and leave the CAS and AAGPS threads for discussion related to their respective associations rugby machinations

2017 AAGPS/CAS Combined "Comp" - The Abbott and Costello Thread

Good idea. I get your point but you could have left ''The Abbott and Costello'' bit out of it.
Wanting to get rid of CAS posters from the GPS thread is fair enough, but you should reserve that label for your own personal posts.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I
Good idea. I get your point but you could have left ''The Abbott and Costello'' bit out of it.
Wanting to get rid of CAS posters from the GPS thread is fair enough, but you should reserve that label for your own personal posts.

Yes you are right SLV. This is serious stuff this school boy footy. Absoluteky nothing to laugh about here.... and frankly that's the point and the reason why I and others couldn't be bothered commenting/ contributing as we may have in the past.

Threads have been setup for CAS, AAGPS and all manner of other groups which helps to focus content. These threads do not exclude people from commenting on issues that interest them.

If I could edit the title I would to soothe your sensitivities however I can't. I will ask the mods

Status
Not open for further replies.