• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Gee QH, and you accused me of wading in to wind people up unnecessarily. I don't give a toss whether they win or lose as long as it's a competitive match. Having effectively been told by you and your ilk for some time now that CAS dont deserve to be on the same pitch as GPS teams, It's pleasing to see the standard of Rugby being played by both associations in these trials and the spirit of the boys towards each other. We could probably all take a leaf from that book.

There'll be a bit more riding on the annual GPS/CAS match at the State Schoolboys this year in June.

It should be very interesting.

S

sidelineview

Who are the coaches for the GPS rep teams this year?

Lets hope both sets of coaches, whoever they are, let their players off the leash to play a confident running style of rugby.

There should be a big crowd in attendance so hopefully it will be schoolboy rugby at its best.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
It will be an interesting match up this weekend between Scots and Kings.
Based on results to date both would appear to be GPS contenders.
The trial games are almost complete and the teams should have settled down by now.
The weekend will be a good indicator of who is more likely to be challenging for the title.
It will be a close one Azzuri but my tip (unsurprisingly) is Scots by 4 ;)
Looking forward to a great contest.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Who has the knowledge to name a draft 1st/2nd XV GPS teams or do we still need the remaining trial games to come up with an informative decision. I have yet to see the all teams so I reserve judgement at this time.

I tend to agree TD that it is early days, but given they select the 4 GPS teams in less than 4 weeks I am sure "real selectors" have been busy.

I am prepared to give it a go. Given there are 4 teams, I have selected 4 in each positions (they really aren't in any particular order). More so as ones to watch in the remaining trials for those who are interested. Combo of form and incumbency.

Need help in lock positions, some flankers, #8s, other 9 options? Also other alternatives on wing or Full back?

Consider this a working list and happy for others to add to the collective wisdom (I am sure I will have missed some) keen to hear if any prospects in TAS, Grammar or High note I haven't seen any of their games. Note as always, "team rehab" may end up with a long list.....

#1 Edwards (E), Hicks (K), Bell (N), Jansen (J)
#2 Devine (N), Heaven (J), Mclennan (I), Zylstra (S), Collard (E)
#3 Breen (S), Papantoniou, (K), Icanovski (N)
#4 Janson (N), Williams (S)
#5 Wiliams (K), Yates (J)
#6 Wellington (S), Scolari (J), Pepper (K)
#7 Dalton (J), Harris (S),Brown (K)
#8 Rorke (I), Lynch (N)
#9 Dowling (J), Grant (I)
#10 Minogue (K), Caputo, (N), Robson (S), Creagh (J), Styles (S)
#11 O'Brien (J), Afeaki (N)
#12 Bell (I), Everleigh (J), Savala (S), Sinclair (E)
#13 Reilly (J), Smith (S), Easy (I), Duckworth (K)
#14 Yasmin (S), Dutaillis (I), Apps (K)
#15 Rixon (E), Kandalaft (J), Dellow (N)

(J) 11 (S) 9 (N) 8 (K) 8 (I) 6 (E) 4

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Agreed. Cooerwall Aacademy (sic) and St Pats Goulburn no longer exist and Stannies and All Saints are now and ISA schools so it seems like long standing traditions (and members) can still come and go.

Cooerwull, St Pat's Goulburn, Stannies and All Saints attended some of the meetings leading to the formation of the GPS in the late nineteenth century but there's no evidence any of them ever took part in events conducted by the GPS schools. To claim they were "members of the GPS", as All Saints still do on their website, is a long stretch.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Thanks for the write up Jim. Always worth reading.
I have doubts about grammar this year. Beaten by the weaker Cas schools is a bad omen against a likely very good SJC team.
All the best fot the TAS boys this season.
Cheers BM.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thanks, BM on behalf of both me and TAS! I'm hoping Grammar will improve coordination as a result of the games. Possible excluding Joeys, no team should take them for granted.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
It will be an interesting match up this weekend between Scots and Kings.
Based on results to date both would appear to be GPS contenders.
The trial games are almost complete and the teams should have settled down by now.
The weekend will be a good indicator of who is more likely to be challenging for the title.
It will be a close one Azzuri but my tip (unsurprisingly) is Scots by 4 ;)
Looking forward to a great contest.

will be waiting with interest to hear the match report Wristy. Will trials form be a an indication of end of season bragging rights???... all will soon be revealed!

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
#2 Devine (N), Heaven (J), Mclennan (I), Zylstra (S)
#7 Dalton (J), Harris (S)
#8 Rorke (I), Lynch (N)
#10 Minogue (K), Caputo, (N), Robson (S), Creagh (J)

(J) 11 (S) 9 (N) 8 (K) 7 (I) 6 (E) 3

Collard (E) was in GPS White last year as #2... although playing #7 at Shore at moment.

Kings Charlie Brown should be in the flanker mix

and Jake Styles (S) at 10?

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Cooerwull, St Pat's Goulburn, Stannies and All Saints attended some of the meetings leading to the formation of the GPS in the late nineteenth century but there's no evidence any of them ever took part in events conducted by the GPS schools. To claim they were "members of the GPS", as All Saints still do on their website, is a long stretch.
Can anyone tell me if All Saints has been brought by another School. I believed at one stage Shore had the inside running. If it was brought by a GPS school (say Kings or Shore) it could be a GPS School technically speaking, say Shore School Bathurst Campus.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can anyone tell me if All Saints has been brought by another School. I believed at one stage Shore had the inside running. If it was brought by a GPS school (say Kings or Shore) it could be a GPS School technically speaking, say Shore School Bathurst Campus.
It has sold and it's a closely guarded secret who purchased it.

Don't think it was another school.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Take the Points

Frank Nicholson (4)
I tend to agree TD that it is early days, but given they select the 4 GPS teams in less than 4 weeks I am sure "real selectors" have been busy.

I am prepared to give it a go. Given there are 4 teams, I have selected 4 in each positions (they really aren't in any particular order). More so as ones to watch in the remaining trials for those who are interested. Combo of form and incumbency.

Need help in lock positions, some flankers, #8s, other 9 options? Also other alternatives on wing or Full back?

Consider this a working list and happy for others to add to the collective wisdom (I am sure I will have missed some) keen to hear if any prospects in TAS, Grammar or High note I haven't seen any of their games. Note as always, "team rehab" may end up with a long list...

#2 Devine (N), Heaven (J), Mclennan (I), Zylstra (S)
#7 Dalton (J), Harris (S)
#8 Rorke (I), Lynch (N)
#10 Minogue (K), Caputo, (N), Robson (S), Creagh (J)

(J) 11 (S) 9 (N) 8 (K) 7 (I) 6 (E) 3

12 and 13 will be a hard call for the selectors! A lot of very good players in those positions.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Collard (E) was in GPS White last year as #2. although playing #7 at Shore at moment.

Kings Charlie Brown should be in the flanker mix

and Jake Styles (S) at 10?

Thanks GO and Honeybadger, I have added those selections in.

Wasn't Collard a reserve for the GPS White in 2016? Think hooker will be a very competitive position this year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I see from the fixture list for Shore v Newington on Saturday that Newington have more 13s teams than Shore - possibly for the first time in a long time.

I also noted from the Shore fixture list that there will be 4 AFL games on the main oval at Northbridge from 9.20am to 3pm. Rugby purists will need to stay clear of Sailors' Bay Road on Saturday afternoon.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I see from the fixture list for Shore v Newington on Saturday that Newington have more 13s teams than Shore - possibly for the first time in a long time.

I also noted from the Shore fixture list that there will be 4 AFL games on the main oval at Northbridge from 9.20am to 3pm. Rugby purists will need to stay clear of Sailors' Bay Road on Saturday afternoon.

So no eastern stand on the oval itself: or is that left there and just treated as a lateral hazard?

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)

Clearly the Rugby program at Newington is going forward in a most positive way.
I was also talking to New parents at the Knox game, we are absolutely stunned with what happening to Rugby at Shore. They have the ovals, resources, the player numbers and teams,Rugby ethos and people like Tim Wallace.
Shore deserve better Rugby results.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The ghost of Jika may well have other hazards in store.:eek:

In his day no one but the rugby players were allowed on the oval and the afternoon tea was for 1st XV only and was literally a cup of tea and nothing else, No speeches and no parents - except maybe mums filling the urn.

Status
Not open for further replies.