• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PicknGo

Frank Nicholson (4)
I need some pics from Joeys v Scots and View v New for the match review blog.

If anyone has any photos they would be happy to share please post here or send me a private convo. Pics preferably in landscape with 2:3 aspect ratio.

Here you go...sorry they are a bit VIEW centric.

Attachments

• River v Newington June 16 2017_9 (1744x2000).jpg
    River v Newington June 16 2017_9 (1744x2000).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 456
  • River v Newington June 16 2017_7 (2000x1333).jpg
    River v Newington June 16 2017_7 (2000x1333).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 459
  • River v Newington June 16 2017_6 (2000x1614).jpg
    River v Newington June 16 2017_6 (2000x1614).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 444
  • River v Newington June 16 2017_8 (2000x1333).jpg
    River v Newington June 16 2017_8 (2000x1333).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 455

Spin it out

Frank Row (1)
Update: it looks like "withdrawn" now means withdrawn completely. A decision was made on Friday and communicated to the boys. They're looking for alternative fixtures. A real shame.
With Shore now out, the remaining GPS schools can ramp up the rugby scholarships arms race to a whole new level and have an elite comp of 5 teams. Why not now recruit from NZ & Europe to inflate the egos. Well done guys !

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Update: it looks like "withdrawn" now means withdrawn completely. A decision was made on Friday and communicated to the boys. They're looking for alternative fixtures. A real shame.

I thought originally that this would be the case, but I was corrected so vehmently by another poster, I assumed that he knew first hand the situation.

A shame for the boys involved. I certainly hope that fixtures can be arranged for them for the last 4 weeks of the season.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
With Shore now out, the remaining GPS schools can ramp up the rugby scholarships arms race to a whole new level and have an elite comp of 5 teams. Why not now recruit from NZ & Europe to inflate the egos. Well done guys !

Shore aren't out, but they certainly have the wobbles.

I did warn of this a few years ago when their results started to decline and again when they formed their first AFL team and I both occasions I was told that everything would be alright.

On a positive note, I saw their 13s play a couple of weeks back and they were competitive. They seem to have about 3 or 4 young blokes running the age group (they seemed to coach every team). Very quick to the breakdown, flat line rush defence and use the kick and chase to effect.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Is this the first year that the GPS 1sts have two boys with the same name? (Angus Bell). Also Shore seems to be suffering in both soccer and rugby, what winter sport is dominant at Shore now?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Shore aren't out, but they certainly have the wobbles.

I did warn of this a few years ago when their results started to decline and again when they formed their first AFL team and I both occasions I was told that everything would be alright.

On a positive note, I saw their 13s play a couple of weeks back and they were competitive. They seem to have about 3 or 4 young blokes running the age group (they seemed to coach every team). Very quick to the breakdown, flat line rush defence and use the kick and chase to effect.

I am told Shore won all the 16's on Saturday and won all the 13's bar the F's

Won 2nds and 5ths - not sure what else, but it appears there is a bit of a pulse there

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I am told Shore won all the 16's on Saturday and won all the 13's bar the F's

Won 2nds and 5ths - not sure what else, but it appears there is a bit of a pulse there

In the 13s Kings are suffering and the impact of soccer is now making its mark. Together with the loss of its traditional country based boarding population. When New played Kings, 7 teams from New, against 5 teams from Kings, the 13As Won 69-0 nil, although Quick Hands counted 71-0. Equally, the New 13Bs won about 50-17 the other games were also won by New. The TKS 13Es played the New 13Fs and I believe also lost. How times have changed, 5-10 years ago TKS would have dominated. Yet New's Rugby is on a gradual rise (Although not as rapid as Scots).

In the open Division TKS still dominate, but the gap is closing as Newington as a school grows 1350 boys now giving the School's Rugby Program extra depth.

Back to Shore their 13As, although beaten beaten by New 13As 34-14 it was their hardest game to date. Additionally, Shore won 13Bs,Cs and Ds. So the the future of Rugby of Shore could be on the rise. Equally, for Kings despite having an excellent 1st XV, together with 15 and 14As, their Rugby in the coming years could experience bit of slide based on their 13s.

Newington's 1st XV after an excellent start is on a downward spiral as the side appears vulnerable out wide, with an inability to provide an effective cover defence. They realign too slowly in the loose play. This might due to the youth/inexperince of both the 1sts and 2nds. Of the 30 potential players in these two teams, 21 are in year 11. So potentially better things for 2018.

All this points to the fact that schools will rise and fall periodically. Even Joeys have hit bit of a roadblock in the last 10 years by not securing a premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.