• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
After a great arm wrestle ...Riverview were trailing 14-20....however had kings on the rack , punching away on the kings try line ...

And looked like a boiler over

Only for one overly flat pass , an intercept and a length of the field try

Both teams played awesome ... altgh rorke and bell shone most in losing team

While poolman to me is fantastic in a star studded backline

Scots versus kings going to be the match of the year

Ps is poolman any relation of Cameron poolman.. don't look similar?!

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
i thought New gave a reasonable account of themselves! But I agree, Scots were too good across the park in every facet, even when the game was in the balance. Scots clearly had another gear to shift into, and made New pay for defensive lapses in the second half.

Enjoyable day nevertheless. Nice vibe with BTN day and a good crowd support.

It was an excellent afternoon.
A great crowd in a festive mood.
The biggest tunnel to cheer the Newington boys on to the field that I have seen in many a year.
Newington did themselves proud.
They dictated terms for long segments of the match and made Scots work very hard in defence.
The match hung in the balance until the final 15 minutes when Scots stretched away
In the end I think the superior fitness of the Scots pack was the difference.
A lot of heavy, hard tackles by both sides, they'll all sleep well tonight.
Thank you to Newington for laying on such a tremendous afternoon.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
2nds, 3rds and 4ths all to Scots.

16A New 15-10
other 16s games unknown
15B New (score unknown)
15C New by about 30 against Knox
14s - all played off site
13A New 60 plus -7
13B Scots @30-7
13C New 26-24
13D Scots 21-19

KicknChase

Stan Wickham (3)
After a great arm wrestle .Riverview were trailing 14-20..however had kings on the rack , punching away on the kings try line .

Both teams played awesome . altgh rorke and bell shone most in losing team

How was the crowd out there?

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
After a great arm wrestle .Riverview were trailing 14-20..however had kings on the rack , punching away on the kings try line .

Both teams played awesome . altgh rorke and bell shone most in losing team

Yes - Ed is Dog Poolman's oldest son.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Full results from today:

1sts
Kings 27 d Riverview 14
Joeys 66 d Shore 28
Scots 41 d Newington 24

2nds
Kings 35 d Riverview 19
Joeys 43 d Shore 22
Scots 31 d Newington 19

3rds
Kings 29 d Riverview 8
Joeys 42 d Shore 0
Grammar 17 d Scots 14
TAS 36 d High 5

Kings and Scots look set to fight it out for the premiership this week in 1sts.

Ditto for Joeys and TAS in 3rds

Anything could happen in 2nds

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Biggest tunnel Ive seen in a while - at Stanmore

rps20170729_225501.jpg

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Results of today's matches between Joeys and Shore

Joeys won 27

14B 7 all draw.

Shore won 3:
Shore 15 E V Joeys 15E
Shore 16B V Joeys 16E
Shore 16E V Joeys 16G

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
New put up a great fight yesterday but that's a soft try and they would be disappointed with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They let in a couple of soft tries which came back to haunt them. One just before half-time when they were deep on attack and overcomplicated a try-scoring opportunity and then Scots took it 90m to score at the other end and another from a Scots centre-field scrum late in the 2nd half when New had got it back to 27-24.

Goal kicking remains a problem - 3 from 9 against Shore and a couple of missed penalties and conversions in this game could have meant being ahead with 5 to go instead of being behind.

Well done to Scots though they were able to construct some very good tries and certainly made New pay for any errors.

Should be a cracker next week Scots v Kings.

PicknGo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Riverview played with real purpose and commitment yesterday and would have been deserving winners. The pack in particular played all over Kings in the second half including taking a crucial tight head on the Kings line. Having said that, Kings defense in the last 10 minutes was exceptional and proved the difference in the end. They will need to lift their game if they are to beat Scots next week. Should be a thrilling encounter.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Despite the (relative) softness of a couple of the tries scored yesterday at Stanmore, I thought the defenses, generally, of both teams were very good; effectively nullifying each other for great slabs of the game. There were some absolute bone-rattlers put on out in the middle.

It took me a bit by surprise that by game's end, we'd seen nearly a point a minute racked up, but then I realised that more than half of all the points scored were racked up in the last 10" of each half - so definitely some pretty tired bodies out in the middle at the back end of each half.

I did think that New had the better of the set-piece forward exchanges yesterday. Scots were quite loose on their early line-out throws and it's not that often you see the Scots 1's scrum back-peddled like they were a few times yesterday. Must make being the Scots' half-back a very exciting role on his own put in with 1.5T of beef trundling back into him!

The Scots and Kings game at Bellevue Hill next week, weather permitting with a bit of the wet stuff predicted during the week, should be a ripper.

One eyed pirate

Ward Prentice (10)
Riverview played with real purpose and commitment yesterday and would have been deserving winners. The pack in particular played all over Kings in the second half including taking a crucial tight head on the Kings line. Having said that, Kings defense in the last 10 minutes was exceptional and proved the difference in the end. They will need to lift their game if they are to beat Scots next week. Should be a thrilling encounter.
I'm glad View and New stood up yesterday. There were some on this thread including myself that thought the margins would be large. Kings beat View and New by 40 odd in the trials so they have certainly closed the gap. A 1 round comp now feels very short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.