• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
So, tomorrow's the big dance between TAS and Joeys in the Thirds. Jim, please note it's at 11:00am leaving plenty of time for the boys playing at HH to get over to Stanmore to watch the Firsts.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
This is the full TAS v SJ schedule from the TASOA FB page
20525231_1381281528653819_3370980576871670245_n.jpg

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
hearing Savala is good to go ... Sidesteppa can you confirm if you are filming?

As Kings v Scots going to be awesome game.

I am amazed at the quality of schoolboy coaches .... and the fact that one of the Kings coaches is a player agent!

Maybe that is what Shore needs a professional coaching team

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
You can make that judgement at a later date I guess.

OK - so it seems to me that the sportsmasters who don't know how to fix schoolboy rugby have decided that having a one round super comp will fix the problem. I would love to see their blueprint for success. The 'conference' format will not work.

To me it's a bit like going to the bank and taking out a loan to keep going only to find out not fixing the problem only buys time. Super 15 rugby found out the hard way that expanding won't necessarily work. Look at the renaissance of club rugby. There is no reason to suggest that schoolboy rugby with the right strategy can't thrive like it used to.

The recent 2 round comps before this year's debacle proved that there is nothing wrong with the brand (GPS, CAS etc). However, once they're gone they're gone and there is no way back.

Surely there are enough former old boy rugby players from each school (club, state & national reps) who could look at and make some suggestions? If we are relying on sportsmasters to make the call on schoolboy rugby they are & we are kidding ourselves if we think they have the answers.

S

sidelineview

There is a conference of representatives from State, Catholic and private schools scheduled for November i think it is, to discuss the best way to improve schoolboy rugby.

S

sidelineview

From the Australian Schools Rugby website

FIRST NATIONAL SCHOOLS RUGBY FORUM–DETAILS

by ASRU on June 13, 2017 in News
Australian National Schools Rugby Forum–8th and 9th December 2017 –Sydney
This is the first national, open Schools Rugby Forum to be held in Australia.
It is occurring in the context of the ongoing development and implementation of the National Schools Rugby Strategic Plan (NSS)
It will be open to all those from schools interested in rugby, those holding rugby related or coordinating positions—as well as to key people from the ARU and other senior rugby bodies.
It will have three main strands—educative, informative ,participative.
It will be a unique and valuable opportunity to influence rugby in schools—its maintenance, development ,safety, resourcing and potential new areas.
It will take place in the educational context that is a school –looking at changes in schools that are influencing the way sport is occurring there.
Key Considerations
–that there be a wide range of participants from all school sectors—State, Catholic, Private.
–that the Forum be as widely advertised as possible, including on social media
–that all participants become fully involved in the preparation for, and discussions during, the forum
–that schools rugby is celebrated for what it does for the education, involvement and ongoing participation of young people in rugby
–the assistance of all in schools who are Convenors, Sports Directors–and those who have attended the Consultations in 2016 and this year– is needed to ensure the Forum has the widest possible attendance and that it achieves its aims.
Concrete Aims
–that the National Schools Strategic Plan undergo further clear development as a result of the Forum
–that schools and senior rugby bodies develop significant understandings of the roles of each in rugby
–that participants learn significant new things about rugby—its safety and its playing
–that the schools voice in determining their needs for rugby in schools is clearly articulated and heard by senior rugby bodies
–the senior rugby bodies come to an appreciation of the immense resource that is the schools in rugby in Australia
–that the views of schools as to how best to develop rugby in schools are stated and heard.
–that appropriate methods of ongoing consultation are developed and agreed to by all parties.

S

sidelineview

Bit bloody late for 2018 GPS comp! Why are they making decisions now then?

Its in December and I have no idea what Associations will participate in the National Schools Forum or whether it will make any difference to decisions made by Headmasters or Sportsmasters within respective Associations.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
hearing Savala is good to go . Sidesteppa can you confirm if you are filming?

As Kings v Scots going to be awesome game.

I am amazed at the quality of schoolboy coaches .. and the fact that one of the Kings coaches is a player agent!

Maybe that is what Shore needs a professional coaching team

Savala not in team lists Max Robson at 10 for Scots

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
TAS to dominate joeys

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Just looking at bus routes. I do want to get across to see as much as I can. As OEP said, TAS has some good players. However, just based on the pre-seasons, SJC has to be favoured. But TAS doesn't get so many pre-season matches so starts more slowly. Whichever way it goes, it should be a great clash.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
OK - so it seems to me that the sportsmasters who don't know how to fix schoolboy rugby have decided that having a one round super comp will fix the problem. I would love to see their blueprint for success. The 'conference' format will not work.

To me it's a bit like going to the bank and taking out a loan to keep going only to find out not fixing the problem only buys time. Super 15 rugby found out the hard way that expanding won't necessarily work. Look at the renaissance of club rugby. There is no reason to suggest that schoolboy rugby with the right strategy can't thrive like it used to.

The recent 2 round comps before this year's debacle proved that there is nothing wrong with the brand (GPS, CAS etc). However, once they're gone they're gone and there is no way back.

Surely there are enough former old boy rugby players from each school (club, state & national reps) who could look at and make some suggestions? If we are relying on sportsmasters to make the call on schoolboy rugby they are & we are kidding ourselves if we think they have the answers.

I'm not quite sure how anything that you've said here relates to anything that I have said, so I'll let it go.

KicknChase

Stan Wickham (3)
My Predictions

View vs Shore- View- Margin 15-25
View should have enough class to see this out quite easily. Shore will be looking to bounce back after Joeys but I can't see them doing too much to concern the View Boys

Scots vs Kings- Scots- Margin 20-25
Both teams will be fired up as this match will almost certainly dictate who wins the premiership. These two teams have been the best in the GPS but I feel Scots will have a lot more today. Kings just managed to get over the line against View while Scots have had two commanding wins against New and View. I think they'll come out strong winners today

Joeys vs New- Joeys- Margin 20-30
Joeys should make light work of New. New had a respectable game against Scots but I don't seem them challenging this strong Joeys outfit

Status
Not open for further replies.