1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by SonnyDillWilliams, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

Well, there's also a boy in your 13As who represented NSW PSSA at union, league and touch football and the region at cross country and holds every athletics record at the local primary school for evey year he was there.
  2. Up the Guts Mark Ella (57)

I was more suggesting it would have been good for Shore Rugby if this open eyed school admissions process had gone on a few years earlier.
    The Honey Badger and Quick Hands like this.
  3. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

4. Lindommer Steve Williams (59)

Is it not possible for someone to have a captain's at the Seconds shield to see what school's inscribed on it for 1910?
  5. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

We would but it hasn't arrived I believe at Hunters Hill. The Dark Empire doesn't like cleaning out its cabinet.
    Plus, they wont speak to me. What did I do?
  6. HeresToRugby Chris McKivat (8)

Scots look like they will have a strong side. I don't think anyone could write them off.
    Joker likes this.
  7. Balmain Subbies Ted Fahey (11)

The Seconds Shield is still in the dining room hall. Reminds me of 1993 when Joeys dropped the shield off in a cab
  8. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

On the night you won it I recall. Br Anthony made sure it got there on time for your function.

Reminds me as well when Joeys sent a cheque to Scots College the very night your old hall burnt down in the main building. They were the first school to offer financial support.
    How times have changed.
  9. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

You have TBC, which is understandable as the official AAGPS website has a blank space.

EDIT: Although I notice you've filled in SJC for 1906,07,08 and 09 which are also blank on the AAGPS website.;)
  10. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

I was fortunate to have had access to the Joeys school archives which confirmed Joeys won those years in their school records. Even saw the photos! The 1st XV shield helped provide some corrections and added premierships to Kings who are now on 29. The AAGPS website is woeful and was in need of someone who could make the definitive record. I have given considerable time to making this record correct as my contribution to the history of the GPS.
  11. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

You've done a great job. I hope they amend their records.
  12. Up the Guts Mark Ella (57)

I assume this means you've sent it to them? If not you should, it'd be a good outcome for all your hard work.
  13. The Honey Badger Jim Lenehan (48)

Thought you were more enlightened than that @QH.

Here's a thing, the pic below is the Shore Prep school 1st XV.

Just some ordinary kids playing ordinary kids at U12 level.

Their season consisting of 9 wins and 3 losses. Not too shabby. Perhaps they were coached well or just a good cohort.

Then they go into the senior school and the same ordinary kids have to play against the Extraordinary.

[IMG]

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
  14. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

I did and this was the reply

Hi XXXXXX

Thank you for your work on this and your support of GPS sport. It was certainly an enthralling season of rugby this year and one of the closest in years. We’ve actually had an archivist looking at records to confirm a few anomalies but thank you for that as those stats are great to have on file.

Kind regards
  15. Straight Through Bob McCowan (2)

I'll think you'll find that student was about to go to Shore and admitted, before being offered a scholarship to Scots.
  16. The Honey Badger Jim Lenehan (48)

@Quickhands, exhibit 1

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
  17. Up the Guts Mark Ella (57)

I wasn't talking about a Scots player and, not wanting to be Matt the Moderator, it's probably best we don't pollute page 3 of the 2019 thread with hearsay about scholarships. Best leave it to the appropriate thread where it can be discussed more openly.
    Quick Hands likes this.
  18. Up the Guts Mark Ella (57)

Seems a little bit of a dispassionate response when they've been handed their archive work for nothing.
    Armchair Selector likes this.
  19. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Well the executive officer of the GPS is an old Riverview boy.
    He probably is still smarting from last weekend.

[IMG]
  20. Straight Through Bob McCowan (2)

Nevertheless, It is utterly ridiculous that we expect Shore to be able to compete with schools that have 5 National representatives. Shore is just an ordinary school. The fact that they are part of the GPS shouldn't all of a sudden mean that the 15 top players in the school can go toe to toe with nearly full teams of state representatives. Too much is expected of them.