• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
+ Kaeo Weekes and Tolu Koula; signed by Manly at 14 and lived nowhere near the inner west. Both of whom missed a GPS game to play junior NRL origin with Sua'ali'i in 2020.
Hello Gents
Hello Gents, simply predicting what might happen based on present demographics. Of course the Inner city could suddenly be repopulated by tall blue Eyed Blondes with germanic accents. One never knows

propsarespeedy

Ted Thorn (20)
Is anyone going to start making predictions about 22 Season rankings/results yet?
Think it will be an incredible year of Rugby!!!

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Newington out right Premiership Winners 2022.
Hello Love to Scum, Agreed
With most of the players having two seasons of experience, at the 1st XV level plus, the team cohesion, the match confidence, I believe also that Newington are indeed in such a position.
One cannot get overconfident or arrogant, but the 2022 Cohort could prove to be one of the strongest sides Newington have fielded in years. I believe their talent and pace in the Backs, could prove to believe their key to success. I also believe they depth in their ranks as well.

Brad Jones

Bob McCowan (2)
The Joeys group smashed Scots in the trial last year, I have watched the match each year since the 13's, I don't think Scots were missing many players although they did lose a few to the older age group the year before, not nearly enough to explain the turn around from 70 odd points in the 13's trial though. To be entirely fair, the Joeys 13's had a few issues to deal with in that trial and by the time of the comp game vs Scots in the last round they had narrowed the gap a lot (still were well beaten but it wasn't quite so bad).
Joeys 15A from 2021 had improved out of sight, the Scots team were without I think like 6-7 players because of Glengarry which is n ongoing issue for school sport at Scots. In the end I think if my memory is correct in the starting team Finnlay Bartlett who plays Gen Blue and is at Harold Matts at Manly Sea Eagles and I was told Manly have signed him he went off after 7-10 minutes in the Joeys 15A game. So in the end around 8 players were missing.

Balmain Subbies

Darby Loudon (17)
Looks like the Head Of The River has been moved to Iron Cove this weekend as SIRC has too much shit in it from all the rains and only towing 3/4's the distance. Crazy times

propsarespeedy

Ted Thorn (20)
Hi propsarespeedy,

Do you have any 1st XV line ups or any predictions for 2022?
Don't have much idea about line ups but I do have a few predictions/comments.
Shore : I believe that Shore will have a huge improvement from the previous few years as I had heard that they had a large amount of year 10's in their First's through 2021, meaning that they could be a big contender for this year and next year. Saw some real talent in that team when I watched them.

Newington: As love 2 scrum said, I believe Newington will be very very serious contenders for this year, there confidence and pace in the backs will be very hard to match, as well as some powerful forwards.

Scots: I believe Scots are very real contenders from this year on for the next few years, the amount of talent in there 14's 15's 16's in 2020 and 2021 was extremely impressive, with a lot of Gen blue and Rep players. Ollie Cummins, Ben Distaso, James Kotis, Leo Jaques, Mateus Heslin and others will be players to watch this year, as well as many others in the program.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Watch the AAGPS HOTR live from Iron Cove on Cluch TV

Race 1 from 7.30am right thru to Race 11 at 9.40am

Lane Draw
https://rowingmanager.com/regattas/5587/draw

I imagine the crew lists in the lane draw are somewhat out of date. I know Joeys have had a number of changes forced on them by covid, I imagine other schools are dealing with the same issue. The short race and unusual course will see the form book tossed out, a fast start will be vital, fortune will favour the brave!

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
With the Head of the river under different conditions, school have been encouraged to enter craft that highlights their school ethos. Here are the latest entries to this years race.

The Kings School

kings.jpg

Newington College

newingt.jpg

Sydney High

sydney high.jpg

Balmain Subbies

Darby Loudon (17)
Agree great stuff joker. Good to see the comedy is transferrable across sports. Please do a cricket one next in memorandum of Warnie.
A few facts about today's race, 1. Joey's home course (when will the sprinklers turn on?)2. This will be the shortest 1st VIII HOTR in history & the shortest Major Rennie race.3 Staggered start so it is hard for crews to know if they are in front.4Lane draw plays a massive part.5 only the 5 course to be raced on in 125 HOTRs

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Big talking point in the 1st VIII race was when the leading Kings coxswain reached over and grabbed the oar of the second place Shore VIII, bow seat. The boats were so close to one another battling for the lead. The Kings cox started with splashing water at the Shore boat to get them to move away and then grabbed the oar which stopped the momentum of the Shore crew who were gaining on Kings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom