• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love2Scrum

Darby Loudon (17)
Yeah maybe 1 or 2 if they have a blinder but there will be a couple make it from Vic, ACT, WA and then there’s 60 Academy players between NSW & QLD.

Glad Australian Schools still exists. More opportunity the better for the boys.
Any idea how many boys who made Gen Blue in 2022 that are still playing rugby????

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
And then I work out that that Waratahs Instagram had posted the schools (other than the 2022 grads)

View attachment 16690View attachment 16691View attachment 16692View attachment 16693

Also states that games will be shown on Rugby Xplorer.
Has anyone watched a game on Rugby Explorer previously? Have used Clutch & Stan Sports but not this platform. Don't want to miss these games tomorrow

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
A mate has told me that Barker and Kings are playing during their holiday camps. Any other non comp games being played? Shame the ARU did use this game or another as a curtain raiser at Parra stadium before the Wobblies

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
A mate has told me that Barker and Kings are playing during their holiday camps. Any other non comp games being played? Shame the ARU did use this game or another as a curtain raiser at Parra stadium before the Wobblies
I think a lot of the timing has to do with it being school holidays. Boys have been training everyday (besides Wednesday) at Daceyville

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Any idea how many boys who made Gen Blue in 2022 that are still playing rugby????
No idea but I would guess the majority are. It hasn't been spelled out but any schoolboy who signs with the NRL or prioritise Union doesn't seem get picked for U18 Gen Blue anymore. The big issue is that our academy teams don't get much play unlike the academy teams in Europe and UK. I think that explains why Australian and NZ U20's have been belted by Ireland and France overnight.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I know nothing about QLD so I’d say yes.

Then guys like Fowler have to be considered who are out of School but eligible I believe? Probably a few guys like Sharples and Tonga that may have their names lightly penciled in.
Yes, Fowler and others like him are candidates. Fowler will play for the Rebels in their Gen Blue equivalent team in the lead up.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Is it better than JS White at Kings? Which is the worst out of Scots and Riverview.
Joeys 1 is the best playing surface in the country, that includes all the best stadiums. It is perfect in the dry, it is perfect in the wet. There is no cricket pitch in the middle and it is dead flat, there is no convexity to see there. The green keeper walks on water.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Most the players seem to be from North Sydney. Don't they play rugby anymore in the East?
Only players in the teams who played for Easts are Will Guilfoyle and Toby Brial but they started playing in year 7 when they began attending Scots so I guess they listed there earliest club. I would guess that some of these players will play for Easts in colts/grade after graduation as many players from different Junior clubs have in recent years (Jack bowen, Teddy Wilson, Ben distaso, Leo bassingwaithe, Darby Lancaster) Great colts program over there led by Scots old boy Dan England who was playing high level footy until a skull injury. Kaleb Ah colts younger brother , Johann ah Colt (Starting Gen blue U14 Hooker last year) is playing for Easts this year so it's possible that Kaleb may choose to play for Easts in 2024 Colts which would be great to see.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Which is the worst out of Scots and Riverview.
Riverview are the original swamp monsters. Goodness me I have seen some awful conditions on this ground.
There have been occasions I swear I saw lifesavers on the sideline.

9.jpg

But when it comes to pure mud and filth nothing beats to the surface of the Death Star.

D3aCyU5U4AEh-r-.jpg

Lets not forget TAS though. I played rugby there and this photo was common in July when playing at the UNE

rugby.jpg

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Has anyone watched a game on Rugby Explorer previously? Have used Clutch & Stan Sports but not this platform. Don't want to miss these games tomorrow
You seemingly need to register.

They've got the Super Rugby final up under Videos, and you can cast from phone to TV, so hopefully easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.