• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my mates knows the kings video guy and apparently he has some big name nrl commentator doing a cameo...I'm not online much so if anyone sees the released video please chuck the link on here

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
As we draw close to the of the year we begin our votes for best of the AAGPS. So why not share your thoughts below.

1. Best game (1st XV only)
2. Best home supporters
3. Best game atmosphere
4. Best BBQ item
5. Best traveling supporters (Joeys excluded)
6. Best meat pie
7. Best parking
8. Best after game hospitality
1. View v TKS Rd 2
2. View
3. Joeys v View rd 4
4. Joeys Rower
5. Scots
6. Shore
7. Kings
8. Joeys

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
THURSDAY TIPPING REVIEW

1691622973316.png

With days to go to the conclusion of the 2023 tipping competition we have a very close race. With last years winners out of the race due to early tips to Joeys going south, it seems the lads who have picked wisely with even wiser margins that have prospered. This weekend maybe a slam dunk for some games but if anything, 2023 has shown us nothing is 100% secure.

This season have had three draws this year which is indeed rare, and seen results get turned on a single decision. Upsets as well have been noted, so this weekend should be no different. While Scots, View and Kings are all very firm favourites, will those up at the pointy end of the tipping table play it safe or will look deep into the AAGPS crystal ball and see something we mere also-rans cannot? Finally, as I have said all season, margins will play a factors. In 2023 I myself pulled off a miracle finish with 25 points and stole a share of the title with two margin wins.

Wishing all the very best, in particular those who have stayed true all season and not faded away. In 2024 there will be a couple of tweaks and a new idea, maybe even a proper prize.....say enjoying a pie with "Joker".

joker eating.jpg

throughthehands

Bob McCowan (2)
THURSDAY TIPPING REVIEW

View attachment 17190

With days to go to the conclusion of the 2023 tipping competition we have a very close race. With last years winners out of the race due to early tips to Joeys going south, it seems the lads who have picked wisely with even wiser margins that have prospered. This weekend maybe a slam dunk for some games but if anything, 2023 has shown us nothing is 100% secure.

This season have had three draws this year which is indeed rare, and seen results get turned on a single decision. Upsets as well have been noted, so this weekend should be no different. While Scots, View and Kings are all very firm favourites, will those up at the pointy end of the tipping table play it safe or will look deep into the AAGPS crystal ball and see something we mere also-rans cannot? Finally, as I have said all season, margins will play a factors. In 2023 I myself pulled off a miracle finish with 25 points and stole a share of the title with two margin wins.

Wishing all the very best, in particular those who have stayed true all season and not faded away. In 2024 there will be a couple of tweaks and a new idea, maybe even a proper prize.....say enjoying a pie with "Joker".

View attachment 17191
Scots + 21
Riverview + 10
Kings + 7

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
The introduction of Will Feely making his debut in the SHORE first XV this weekend against VIEW, the young man has had a massive year playing great footy for the 2nd XV and gets his opportunity due to captain Finn Baxter ruled out with a concussion, very unfortunate.
-Professor

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Duncan McCrae in their 91/92 teams as well.
High could have a decent 1st XV at times in that era. In '88 View beat them and were one of the few teams to do so that season. Some of High's team had Def Leppard inspired hair like fifteen long-haired Friends a' Jesus in a chartreuse micra-bus.

Last edited:

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Can't tip Newington even though they'll get a huge crowd ( once a year !) for their reunion day. I hope they can beat Scots but can't see it on current form. Scots want to end well and build for next year with their young superstar backs. I can see a cricket score but hope it's close. New have always been able to score tries but their defense lacks cohesion and planning. Will be a good day at Stanmore for a feed.

I've been very happy with my View team. As I've said before, they are buidling for next year with a solid 16's group. Hopefully they'll finish the season well but Shore will push them.

Kings should be crowned undefeated premiers ( not champions ) unless Joeys turn it on. Joeys need to go forward all day. I think they have the cattle but they seemed to go away from that last week against View, kicked the ball away too often and went side ways too early. View loved it and defended this well. If they do the same against Kings, Kings wil put a score on them.

Hope all the yr 12's have a great Saturday, enjoy your last game representing your school, be respectful of your opposition and play hard but fair
and good luck in your studies !!

Status
Not open for further replies.