• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
other then the 1stxv game at Gowan brae.

Joeys vs kings 2nds will be maybe one of the best 2nd xv matches that we have seen ever. Plenty of boys both form joeys and kings could be 1s players at any other school.

The 16As and 4ths game will be quite interesting aswell, joeys 16As having lost many players to the 2nds while kings 16s age group continue to build. it should be a close one.

the 4ths both being undefeated to this point, but wow joeys have put on some big scores against schools like shores I heard 70? Kings will have there work cut out for them.

It seems as if the thirds will be joeys game to lose, this kings team is just lacking confidence.
FV

15A’s this Saturday at 12 noon on the Doyle no.3 Field should be a battle with both Kings and Joeys undefeated.

KOB1989

Frank Row (1)
other then the 1stxv game at Gowan brae.

Joeys vs kings 2nds will be maybe one of the best 2nd xv matches that we have seen ever. Plenty of boys both form joeys and kings could be 1s players at any other school.

The 16As and 4ths game will be quite interesting aswell, joeys 16As having lost many players to the 2nds while kings 16s age group continue to build. it should be a close one.

the 4ths both being undefeated to this point, but wow joeys have put on some big scores against schools like shores I heard 70? Kings will have there work cut out for them.

It seems as if the thirds will be joeys game to lose, this kings team is just lacking confidence.
Kings 2’s will start this weekend with one of the front rowers from the 1’s most likely tiitii who missed last week with injury. Also have yaffa who has been great in the centres this year and disappointing he hasn’t been given more starts in the 1’s. The other player webster was starting lock last year in yr 11 and gps 3rds. Injured last year and again early this year missing out on gps rep selection.

will be great to see these three plus captain Orpen and the other year 12’s finish out their schoolboy rugby

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TABLES UPDATE.

Before I begin we all should be super grateful to the Stars team led by a long time member here who has great experience in the calculation universe. You will note something’s you may not like but be aware no one else is doing what “we” do.

NOTES FROM THE HEAD STATISTICIAN

XXXXXX it appears we may not get any further updates on outstanding scores, so I have assumed the following:
  • Newington forfeited:
    • 14Bs Rd4 v Shore
    • 13As Rd9 v Shore
    • 13Bs Rd9 v Shore
  • Scots forfeited:
    • 15Bs Rd9 v Kings
This leaves just 3 results outstanding, all from Round 8:
  • Shore v Scots
    • 16B
    • 14A
    • 13B
All of these last 3 results are assumed to be 0-0 draws for the purposes of calculating the Tables and School Champs. If someone wants to give actual results, the Tables and School Champs can be adjusted accordingly.

NOTE: the Shore 13Bs are sitting on equal top with Joeys based on this draw with Scots. If Scots actually beat them, then Joeys is on top. Similarly if Newington beat Shore in the 13As, then that puts Joeys on top.

PLEASE SEE TABLES BELOW.

A490154A-E110-4831-AA6A-9DCA26C124B2.jpeg
80DD3248-8FB0-4151-A1F0-A05245A0BA43.jpeg
30E71221-229E-4869-8D14-C1811CEEC279.jpeg
B938E5FF-C069-4617-A4C8-FA0DB74EDA38.jpeg

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
TABLES UPDATE.

Before I begin we all should be super grateful to the Stars team led by a long time member here who has great experience in the calculation universe. You will note something’s you may not like but be aware no one else is doing what “we” do.

XXXXXX it appears we may not get any further updates on outstanding scores, so I have assumed the following:
  • Newington forfeited:
    • 14Bs Rd4 v Shore
    • 13As Rd9 v Shore
    • 13Bs Rd9 v Shore
  • Scots forfeited:
    • 15Bs Rd9 v Kings
  • Shore v Scots
    • 16B
    • 14A
    • 13B
All of these last 3 results are assumed to be 0-0 draws for the purposes of calculating the Tables and School Champs. If someone wants to give actual results, the Tables and School Champs can be adjusted accordingly.

NOTE: the Shore 13Bs are sitting on equal top with Joeys based on this draw with Scots. If Scots actually beat them, then Joeys is on top. Similarly if Newington beat Shore in the 13As, then that puts Joeys on top.

PLEASE SEE TABLES BELOW.

View attachment 17197View attachment 17198View attachment 17199View attachment 17200
An observation on the 16As - 3 out of 6 teams are on 4 wins / 4 losses. Joeys (has had a shocker of a year for reasons that have been well documented) beat the best-placed school (View) to end their undefeated run and in doing so actually ran up 25% of Views 'points against' tally. More than one fellow contributor has commented in the past that the 16s age group tells you nothing about the likely success of Opens teams in the next few years. I suspect that is even more the case this year. A terribly even comp where anyone could literally win on the day.

Frostiesview

Peter Burge (5)
Kings 2’s will start this weekend with one of the front rowers from the 1’s most likely tiitii who missed last week with injury. Also have yaffa who has been great in the centres this year and disappointing he hasn’t been given more starts in the 1’s. The other player webster was starting lock last year in yr 11 and gps 3rds. Injured last year and again early this year missing out on gps rep selection.

will be great to see these three plus captain Orpen and the other year 12’s finish out their schoolboy rugby
FV

15A’s this Saturday at 12 noon on the Doyle no.3 Field should be a battle with both Kings and Joeys undefeated.

oh yes, 15As will be a amazing game to watch up at the Doyle’s, will be the hardest challenge both kings and joeys have faced.

Kings 2nds have a great game, many year 12s are 1st xv at any other school.

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
i
TABLES UPDATE.

• Newington forfeited:
    • 14Bs Rd4 v Shore
    • 13As Rd9 v Shore
    • 13Bs Rd9 v Shore
  • Scots forfeited:
    • 15Bs Rd9 v Kings
  • Shore v Scots
    • 16B
    • 14A
    • 13B

PLEASE SEE TABLES BELOW.

View attachment 17197View attachment 17198View attachment 17199View attachment 17200
Shore vs Scots 13B's resulted in a 38-7 Shore Win, Shore vs Scots 14A's resulted in a 24-12 Shore Win, Shore vs Scots 16B's resulted in a 19-24 Shore Loss.

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Stating the obvious :

Huge game 2nd XV kings v Joeys for the premiership decider. Have not seen either team so thoughts.

I'm hoping this top of the table clash is not decided from another 'Hand of God' moment that occurred in the 1st round (a very obvious forward pass was not acknowledged by the touch judge after the Referee held off awarding the try) resulting in 7 points.

Final score at Hunters Hill was Joeys 17 Kings 14.

Best of luck to both teams this Saturday at 2pm.

Last edited:

Frostiesview

Peter Burge (5)
I'm hoping this top of the table clash is not decided from another 'Hand of God' moment as occurred in the 1st round (a very obvious forward pass was not acknowledged by the touch judge after the Referee held off awarding the try) resulting in 7 points.

Final score at Hunters Hill was Joeys 17 Kings 14.

Best of luck to both teams this Saturday at 2pm.

very poor call from the touchy, however kings would not be using this as a excuse rather they should of never allowed joeys the opportunity to get to that position.

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)
On Saturday, I've heard that the Newington 14B is playing Scots 14C, while Scots 14B are playing Grammar 14A.

Bit of a weird one, but I can't confirm, as I am obviously not a student, but maybe Grammar has a good future? Normally they play the C's I thought.

UncleSam

Stan Wickham (3)
Little bit off topic here, but congrats to old boys Lalakai Foketi, Max Jorgensen, Angus Bell, and Andrew Kellaway on their selection in the Wallabies 2023 RWC side.

Goes to show just how talented the AAGPS comp is.

Good luck to all these boys and the Wallabies.

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
3rd XV Round 7 – 12 August
Well, it’s the final round and what a round it will be. Firstly, congratulations to Scots who last week guaranteed at least a share of the 3rd XV premiership with their sixth win in a row. They remain undefeated to date and can become Undefeated Champions for the first time ever with a win over Grammar this Saturday.
Congratulations too go to Grammar for getting to the final round as the only team that can topple Scots. Grammar have lost just one game this year can share the premiership with Scots if they win this Saturday. So regardless we will have a new name (or names) on the Col Windon Shield after it was jointly shared by Riverview and Kings last year.
There are two other matches in the battle for the minor placings. Joeys travel to North Parramatta to play Kings in a battle for third place and that will be a good contest. And Riverview host Shore at Lane Cove where both teams are well back in the competition playing for pride. TAS and High have the final week off as they played their competition round 7 match early in the season.

Scots 3rd XV v Grammar 1st XV
Match of the Year for the premiership. The undefeated Scots team host Grammar at Bellevue Hill. Scots have the opportunity this week to achieve something that no other Scots 3rd XV team has ever done and that is to win this premiership outright. Unfortunately for them, the rest of the school is playing at Newington, but I trust they will have an early game and plenty of support at Bellevue Hill before everyone heads off to Stanmore. Grammar have a chance to upset the party and share the premiership with Scots. But they will need to win away against an undefeated team and that won’t be easy. Scots have looked the goods all year with excellent continuity, retaining possession and capitalising with great tries. Grammar did exactly the same last week against Kings– starving Kings of possession and notching up five excellent tries. This will be a cracking game and I am almost reluctant to tip a winner, but I am predicting that the undefeated Scots team will complete the season with a final win at home to claim the Championship outright.
Scots by 2.

Kings 3rd XV v Joeys 3rd XV
Joeys now sit in third spot on the table after their excellent win over Riverview last week, whereas Kings are coming off a tough loss to Grammar. This match at Gowan Brae will be a good contest between two evenly matched teams and an excellent curtain raiser for the 2nd XV premiership decider between Kings and Joeys. I think Joeys can win this final 3rd XV round based on their much improved form against Riverview, but it’s a big day for Kings and the school will be hoping for a clean sweep on JS White Oval.
Joeys by 7.

Riverview 3rd XV v Shore 3rd XV
Riverview and Shore are finishing the season well off the pace, even though they have had their positive moments. Both teams sit on three wins and three losses, so this looks like the battle for the mid-table placings. Riverview hand back the Col Windon Shield, but a final win here would be a good end to the season. Shore need to bring the form that they demonstrated when they beat Grammar, but they had a close battle against TAS last week and I think Riverview will be too strong at home.
Riverview by 5.

Good luck to all players for the final round of the competition.

INP

Just a reminder that the 'Match of the Year' for the premiership between Scots 3rds and Sydney Grammar 1sts is being played at 11am.

Kings v Joeys AND Riverview v Shore remain at 1pm.

All 3 games are available on Cluch

Status
Not open for further replies.