• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Congats to the Kings 1XV 2023. Too good and outlasted the View team. Huge defence in the 1st half and slowly but surely gained ground in the second half. View tried hard as they would at home but champion teams pull through. Should go 9-0 this weekend which sets up a possible 10-0 season ending game at Hunters Hill. Joeys will be motivated to win their last game with a full strength team to show what possibly could have been but Kings will want to be the first team to go 10-0. Will be a cracker.

Very sad season for a much hyped New 23 team. What happened ? After a fairly good start, pushing both View and Kings and winning against Shore and Joeys they have lost 4 in a row and quite convincingly. Not good enough especially after last years "star "16's team etc. Even their depth is not good as their seconds are getting belted. Ouch.

Scots were "lucky" against Shore. They showed fight but can't be happy with letting Shore get out that far.

Tips :
Kings by 14+ ( 9-0 and counting )
Joeys by 5+ ( View will suffer a hang over from last week's game and Joeys should be at full strength and at home will lift as always )
Shore by 7+ ( I can't pick New. They have disappointed and Shore at home should revenge their first round loss. If Ata plays I may change my tip. He is so needed for New's go forward. Early team sheets if possible )

Any injuries from weekends games. Will Ata play again this year ?

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Congats to the Kings 1XV 2023. Too good and outlasted the View team. Huge defence in the 1st half and slowly but surely gained ground in the second half. View tried hard as they would at home but champion teams pull through. Should go 9-0 this weekend which sets up a possible 10-0 season ending game at Hunters Hill. Joeys will be motivated to win their last game with a full strength team to show what possibly could have been but Kings will want to be the first team to go 10-0. Will be a cracker.

Very sad season for a much hyped New 23 team. What happened ? After a fairly good start, pushing both View and Kings and winning against Shore and Joeys they have lost 4 in a row and quite convincingly. Not good enough especially after last years "star "16's team etc. Even their depth is not good as their seconds are getting belted. Ouch.

Scots were "lucky" against Shore. They showed fight but can't be happy with letting Shore get out that far.

Tips :
Joeys by 5+ ( View will suffer a hang over from last week's game and Joeys should be at full strength and at home will lift as always )
Shore by 7+ ( I can't pick New. They have disappointed and Shore at home should revenge their first round loss. If Ata plays I may change my tip. He is so needed for New's go forward. Early team sheets if possible )

Good review. The final round match Kings v Joeys is at North Parramatta - not at Hunters Hill.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

Tips :

Newington was discussed pretty heavily after View beat them in the 1st round of matches. To me they look poorly coached. I know right now they can fall back onto the idea of being without some of their best players but they weren't missing these guys during the 1st round. You saw moments that showed what they can do and plenty of these guys have had good showings throughout the rep season individually.

From what I've watched I couldn't tell you the game plan or the style. This looks to also be the case throughout the younger age groups. Wouldn't surprise me to see them put a score on Shore if individuals cut loose but Shore could as easily win this by keeping a calm defensive line and play smart footy.

Oldboy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Some of the View old boys need to 'pull their heads in'. If a certain reporter from the SMH was to attend a View home game with a camera, the school would be crucified in the media for creating such disrespectful young men. The View school boys and players, especially the 1s and 2s were fantastic. I'm now convinced that the reason View holds its home games against Joeys at Leichhardt is that it is afraid of the behaviour of some of its oldboys. Maybe some of the older and wiser View oldboys should take action because society isn't tolerating this anymore.

Good luck to Joeys over View at HH this weekend and achieving 2nd place. You have my support because you are a much more respectful rugby community. Looking forward to Kings v Joeys at Parra, especially if both teams win this weekend.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Many years ago, during a game, a Kings oldboy started doing circle work on the hill in his WB ute, lost control and crashed into another car. True story.
This is you're comment about a Kings Old boy from last week. Could have killed someone.....

There's idiots at every sporting match on the planet.

I've seen and had objects thrown from Joeys Old Boys, Shore Old Boys certainly give it the big one and some of the shit you hear from Scots is insane.

If something legitimate has occurred I'd expect a formal complaint to be made to the school and if its very serious Police can be involved as well. If not, get over it unless you have never got into an opposition before.

Oldboy

Frank Nicholson (4)
This is you're comment about a Kings Old boy from last week. Could have killed someone.....

There's idiots at every sporting match on the planet.

I've seen and had objects thrown from Joeys Old Boys, Shore Old Boys certainly give it the big one and some of the shit you hear from Scots is insane.

If something legitimate has occurred I'd expect a formal complaint to be made to the school and if its very serious Police can be involved as well. If not, get over it unless you have never got into an opposition before.
That event at Kings was 30 years ago and the school did take action as they should. I have no problem calling out Kings when something needs to be done. I didnt go there. Kings has played every team away this year except Scots and SOME View old boys on Saturday won the 'dickheads of the year' award. Are you or someone from View going to acknowledge when something needs to be done at your school? because if someone doesn't do something about changing that sort of behaviour (and its not the school boys or players), you are probably going to be reading about future occurrences in the media. I coach mate and there is nothing more pathetic than a guy who has probably never played rugby yelling that sort of abuse at opposition players, touchie's and refs.

Whataflanker

Stan Wickham (3)
That event at Kings was 30 years ago and the school did take action as they should. I have no problem calling out Kings when something needs to be done. I didnt go there. Kings has played every team away this year except Scots and SOME View old boys on Saturday won the 'dickheads of the year' award. Are you or someone from View going to acknowledge when something needs to be done at your school? because if someone doesn't do something about changing that sort of behaviour (and its not the school boys or players), you are probably going to be reading about future occurrences in the media. I coach mate and there is nothing more pathetic than a guy who has probably never played rugby yelling that sort of abuse at opposition players, touchie's and refs.
Point made. Nobody is defending the behaviour but the actions of a few should not tarnish the good of many. Let’s move on.

George Anderson

Frank Row (1)
Some of the View old boys need to 'pull their heads in'. If a certain reporter from the SMH was to attend a View home game with a camera, the school would be crucified in the media for creating such disrespectful young men. The View school boys and players, especially the 1s and 2s were fantastic. I'm now convinced that the reason View holds its home games against Joeys at Leichhardt is that it is afraid of the behaviour of some of its oldboys. Maybe some of the older and wiser View oldboys should take action because society isn't tolerating this anymore.

Good luck to Joeys over View at HH this weekend and achieving 2nd place. You have my support because you are a much more respectful rugby community. Looking forward to Kings v Joeys at Parra, especially if both teams win this weekend.
What happened? What did they do?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
There was just a group of them in the south east corner who were yelling out shit whenever the play was there and some goose was letting out some screechy bird noise whenever the kings 10 was about to plant his kick. I wasn't close enough to hear what they were shouting out but it just seemed like pretty standard mid-20s old boys behaviour to me, regardless of what school they were from. That's aside from the alleged racism towards the Kings winger, I haven't heard about that.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
There was just a group of them in the south east corner who were yelling out shit whenever the play was there and some goose was letting out some screechy bird noise whenever the kings 10 was about to plant his kick. I wasn't close enough to hear what they were shouting out but it just seemed like pretty standard mid-20s old boys behaviour to me, regardless of what school they were from. That's aside from the alleged racism towards the Kings winger, I haven't heard about that.
If that's the case they should be identified and reported as far as it can be. Absolutely nobody has time for that.

Screeching and yelling during the kicking, line outs etc are distasteful and make you roll your eyes but happen at every ground with a meaningful game and have in every generation regardless of competition.

Those that have watched Kings all year, was that their best full game performance? Being behind at HT with a desperate opposition? I was impressed by their ability to maintain the plan. The tries View scored v Scots the week before were being stopped at the last pass/bounce of the ball by Kings which shows the difference. They had answers for all the questions.

*In the 2nds the Kings 13 was making meters for fun. Hard to see him not being in the 1sts.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
If that's the case they should be identified and reported as far as it can be. Absolutely nobody has time for that.

Screeching and yelling during the kicking, line outs etc are distasteful and make you roll your eyes but happen at every ground with a meaningful game and have in every generation regardless of competition.

Those that have watched Kings all year, was that their best full game performance? Being behind at HT with a desperate opposition? I was impressed by their ability to maintain the plan. The tries View scored v Scots the week before were being stopped at the last pass/bounce of the ball by Kings which shows the difference. They had answers for all the questions.

*In the 2nds the Kings 13 was making meters for fun. Hard to see him not being in the 1sts.
Alistair Yaffa. Has been in the 2nds for 2 years and scored 25 tries, I know of players from other schools that are glad he isn't in the 1sts. Its a bit mysterious that one.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Alistair Yaffa. Has been in the 2nds for 2 years and scored 25 tries, I know of players from other schools that are glad he isn't in the 1sts. Its a bit mysterious that one.
The rugby depth in TKS class of ‘23 is exceptional. I’m disappointed third’s haven’t gone better. TKS also winning their fair share of lower Opens grades which isn’t usually the case.
will revert next year unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.