• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruckandcoke123

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey guys muffin here.

I'm wondering who would everyone put in the AAGPS team of the year. Mine would be

1. Hamish Grover (I) Hard worker, awesome scrumer
2. Bailey Park (K) awesome scrumer
3. Lipina Ata (N) Good at line outs and loves to run the ball
4. Toby Brial (S) awesome scrumer and line out jumper
5. Hamish Long (I) Without a doubt one of the hardest workers in the Riverview first XV I've noticed and is an amazing line out jumper
6. Austin Durbich (K) Always looking to slow down the ball and is great to have on the team
7. Benji Noble (I) - Hardest working player in the AAGPS by a country mile. He is in every ruck and every play
8. Liam Sullivan (I) Hard working 8
9. Henry Curll (I) - I know controversial but feel has been much more dangerous this year or kings 9 as he has been consistent all year.
10. Joe Dillon (I) Has been the most dominant 10 this year cant wait to see where he goes from here
11. Hadley Tonga (K) Has been great all year very consistent and to cant wait to see what 2024 holds for him.
12. Boston Fakafanua (K) Great line runner and aswome ball player
13. Liam Grover (I) Has been pretty good all year the hop to beat the outsider defenders he to has had a great year.
14. Pat Spora (I) I know controversial but nobody has scored on his wing yet. Also so incredibly under rated
15. Leo Jaques (S) His been a bit hit and miss early in the year but has really found his feet in the 15 jersey.

@Joker do you agree and what is your AAGPS team of the year.
8 Riverview boys, Could be a bit biased....

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hey guys muffin here.

I'm wondering who would everyone put in the AAGPS team of the year. Mine would be

5. Hamish Long (I) Without a doubt one of the hardest workers in the Riverview first XV I've noticed and is an amazing line out jumper
6. Austin Durbich (K) Always looking to slow down the ball and is great to have on the team
7. Benji Noble (I) - Hardest working player in the AAGPS by a country mile. He is in every ruck and every play
9. Henry Curll (I) - I know controversial but feel has been much more dangerous this year or kings 9 as he has been consistent all year.
10. Joe Dillon (I) Has been the most dominant 10 this year cant wait to see where he goes from here
11. Hadley Tonga (K) Has been great all year very consistent and to cant wait to see what 2024 holds for him.
13. Liam Grover (I) Has been pretty good all year the hop to beat the outsider defenders he to has had a great year.
14. Pat Spora (I) I know controversial but nobody has scored on his wing yet. Also so incredibly under rated
15. Leo Jaques (S) His been a bit hit and miss early in the year but has really found his feet in the 15 jersey.

Muffin, how about James Warner at 2. He has been by far the best performing hooker.

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
Hey guys muffin here.

I agree with a few of these calls, although not having Orpin (SHORE 9) is a bit of a joke. The kid is far and away the best or second best (HWI) in the GPS comp. Also believe that the JOEYS 7 should be in this team, real standout in my opinion.
-Professor
-

Union on Top

Peter Burge (5)
I agree with a few of these calls, although not having Orpin (SHORE 9) is a bit of a joke. The kid is far and away the best or second best (HWI) in the GPS comp. Also believe that the JOEYS 7 should be in this team, real standout in my opinion.
-Professor
-
Agreed. Joeys 9 is the most talented, followed by Shore, then Riverview and then the Kings 9 in my opinion. Very strong cohort of 9s, they are all excellent players.

Double Badger

Stan Wickham (3)
Marshall is good and maybe next year for him, currently Noble, Durbridge and Young all have him covered.

That Joeys 90 team gets my vote, massive for and against,brilliant footy to watch, plus plenty Burke (Wallabies), Jorgensen (NRL), Graham Thompson I think Tahs straight out of school b4 knee went, Dave Keliher Oz 7's, very dominant outfit absolute juggernaut.

View 96 definetly decent as well, at least 4 of the proper Oz schoolboys.

DrDanieCraven

Frank Row (1)
Anyone know what happened to Logan from Joeys? Played well first half, made GPS and NSW 2 and seems to have disappeared. Injured or dropped?

Rugby Enthusiast Mat

Stan Wickham (3)
just to be clear as Joker has no authority here whatsoever. The rule is that you can't use the word scholarship.

The rule is you can't discuss scholarships. So 'clever' work arounds or "banter" is not allowed.

• Schoolboy: Discussing imports/NTS/Politics/Pappa in wrong thread (Warn)
Well said Reg

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think there a few flaws with this team. First of all: Lipina does not play tighthead, just hooker and occasionally loosehead. I also believe that Marshall Lemaitre has to be in there somewhere. You cannot deny his defensive workrate and ball-playing ability for a flanker. I also think that F.Bartlett should be somewhere in that 2nd Row combination. That's my take and others are welcome to discuss.

TW
Toby Brial is an excellent running no 8 and plays this position at Scots. Allot of good talent there probably is a cohort of 21 circa players that could fit into the 15.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Incorrect
Joeys were outright Premiers. Kings lost more than once and Joeys only lost in the final round to Sydney High
Yes and easy to check. The final points table from 1988.
1690946841062.png

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
AAGPS Rugby Forum participants;

Letting you know that Joker won't be involved with the forums for the remainder of the 2023 season. Tipping will continue so get them in each week. Nobody will prompting you or chasing you though (difficult concept for a lot of private school boys).

Best wishes to all and he'll be back better than ever come 2024.

Please don't make this forum any more difficult for the website than than it has to be. It exists for the wider Rugby fans throughout the country and not our walled garden. Enjoy it and enjoy the high quality footy.

BobbyD

Peter Burge (5)
AAGPS Rugby Forum participants;

Letting you know that Joker won't be involved with the forums for the remainder of the 2023 season. Tipping will continue so get them in each week. Nobody will prompting you or chasing you though (difficult concept for a lot of private school boys).

Best wishes to all and he'll be back better than ever come 2024.

Please don't make this forum any more difficult for the website than than it has to be. It exists for the wider Rugby fans throughout the country and not our walled garden. Enjoy it and enjoy the high quality footy.
:oops: Outrageous. Seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up.
Rest in Peace for '23 Big J. You'll be missed.
Looking forward to Joker Resurrection in '24

Status
Not open for further replies.