• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
lack of culture? Kings had more boys turn up to view and were noticeably louder in the view vs kings game at view.

kings is clearly a school alongside view and joeys which are established through there culture and support. Shore as of late have been great aswel.

Quite a stupid comment you have made.
Not talking about a one game occurence. A lot of Gen Z kids forget the years of AAGPS rugby before them...all schools have great culture, but if we really look at the reality of it, King's doesn't draw enough boys to watch and support their games. If they did, I'm certain they'd have one of the best in the AAGPS. No need to get your feelings hurt frosties, I'm a king's supporter through and through. But am also a realist. Regards, UST

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
@Joker pish posh, we all know the greatest game, crowd and all around cracking day was 93 Scots v Joeys.......bigger than Ben Hur
They were

gettyimages-1079977890-2048x2048.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Apologies, I have a lot of updates to make.

UPDATED SCORES AND TABLES

Adjusted Rd Results, Tables and School Champs accordingly. Well done to "The Chairman"! Thank you to all who have helped these past two weeks. Has been tricky but we are mostly as close as we can up to date.

Results Rd8 - 29Jul23 - FINAL.jpg

Table - Rd 9 - FINAL.jpg

School Champs Rd 9 FINAL.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
FRIDAY TIPPING

Tomorrow I shall be triple busing and one training my way to North Pole...I mean Parramatta for the annual meeting of the bush communities. It shall be easy to tell them apart. Take for example the utes that will be driven by each school community.

The Joeys ute with the boys in the back

1691713574803.png

vs

The Kings family ute

1691713664400.png

Anyway, it shall be final week of tipping and I look forward to some upset results, draws and all the usual unexpected nonsense that has gone on in season 2023. Much thought is being given to tipping 2024 with some new changes and the possibility of a prize that does not involve a pie. I look forward to catching up this weekend with many good friends at Kings, and maybe even some TKS students who are as brave as the View lads to say hello.

Finally a big shout out to the nicotine ninths at Riverview. Your invitation was most kind but as I explained, I am needed to spread nonsense and good cheer elsewhere this weekend. Go well you lunatics and let me know how you go.

TIPS CLOSE at 3pm Saturday.

1691714108777.png

Get them in quick

Last edited:

samuelgregory37

Stan Wickham (3)
FRIDAY TIPPING

Tomorrow I shall be triple busing and one training my way to North Pole...I mean Parramatta for the annual meeting of the bush communities. It shall be easy to tell them apart. Take for example the utes that will be driven by each school community.

The Joeys ute with the boys in the back

View attachment 17218

vs

The Kings family ute

View attachment 17219

Anyway, it shall be final week of tipping and I look forward to some upset results, draws and all the usual unexpected nonsense that has gone on in season 2023. Much thought is being given to tipping 2024 with some new changes and the possibility of a prize that does not involve a pie. I look forward to catching up this weekend with many good friends at Kings, and maybe even some TKS students who are as brave as the View lads to say hello.

Finally a big shout out to the nicotine ninths at Riverview. Your invitation was most kind but as I explained, I am needed to spread nonsense and good cheer elsewhere this weekend. Go well you lunatics and let me know how you go.

TIPS CLOSE at 3pm Saturday.

View attachment 17220

Get them in quick
lads,
scots + 14
shore+3
Kings v joeys - DRAW

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm amazed at the increase in size over the past 30-40 years, back then you'd get a few kids up around or into the low 90's kg's and a freak every now and again over 100, average weight must be up 10kg's at least. There's a lot of backs over 90 kegs these days for a start.
It's a great talking point. I've heard various theories on why kids getting bigger, better-quality foods, Hormones being fed to chickens and the kids eating the chicken, better sports science, more protein and supplements available.

Bob Peters

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys 1st XV vs Kings
  1. Gordon Durie
  2. Charlie O’Kane
  3. James Winters
  4. Joe Mangelsdorf
  5. Arthur Greer
  6. Eamon Doyle
  7. Pat Young
  8. Justice Taumoepeau
  9. Ollie Woolley
  10. Ben Playford
  11. Caleb Murphy
  12. Oscar Jorgensen
  13. Patrick Broe
  14. Ethan Tombs
  15. Ben Chick
Injured: Hwi Sharples
COACHES: Greg Thompson / Rob Hahn

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Wally played only a few wallaby games, so Beale would have to be trumps. Allot of good players not there. Darren Junee Joeys 1987 played 3 years 1stXV players wallabies at 19 years old and then went to league. (He could have played +60 tests)
He was close to getting a bench spot along with Kelleher on my side lol. But I tried to pick guys that played a while. Also Roff like Wallace only went to TAS for a bit if I recall. @Joker can't wait to see your stacked Joeys side you post lol

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
I’m not falling for the bait this time. The last occasion I commented on this I was given a yellow card. Very sneaky Subbies
Ha ha no in all seriousness, that would of been the biggest crowd for a GPS match I have seen. The return match a HH in 94 a close second, when you include sprinklers & clocks

waikato

Frank Row (1)
Hello All,

Long time, first time etc. I've heard the Grammar 13A's for and against is in excess of 280 for, and around 20 against. With only 20 boys in the squad, they've played some class rugby this season, toppling 'top tier' GPS rugby school's C teams by 30-50 points each week.

Considering the dwindling numbers at more 'liberal, academically-focused' GPS schools, there could have a real renaissance of Grammar Rugby on our hands. All eyes will be on the Grammar First XV tomorrow which will hopefully reignite this School's passion for its once great sport. I'm bullish on Grammar rugby!

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Waikato.
Grammar 13As and 14As are too strong for C teams. Grammar 14As beats Joeys by 20, Riverview by 50, High by 40, Shore by 60 and Kings by 70. I believe the 13A margins have been the same or larger.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ha ha no in all seriousness, that would of been the biggest crowd for a GPS match I have seen. The return match a HH in 94 a close second, when you include sprinklers & clocks
I took my then girlfriend to the game. She had never seen anything like it. Great crowd, great finish and excellent plumbing

Status
Not open for further replies.