• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

TheMaulester

Chris McKivat (8)
Spoke to a few Shore parents yesterday, word is that Wendt has sustained a wrist injury. You could expect to see him back relatively soon but where is unknown.
I can confirm the wrist injury. He was on the sidelines of the game yesterday with large casting around (I believe his right) arm/wrist.
TheMaulester

Rookie21

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not Lewis Kingdom it was Charlie Francis (Number 11) he also got a second try, Bassingthwaighte got 2 Francis the other 2
Yes realised that after the game. Someone had posted the lineup before the game which was incorrect. It said Lewis Kingdom was playing left wing but then someone posted the program which correctly stated that Charlie Francis was on the wing. My apologies.

Milly Maroje

Peter Burge (5)
Now that Aloysius have proved themselves by defeating a strong riverview side I think it is time to think about which comp has the best footy in Sydney

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Here we go....

1715504985063.png

Team on the left is the home team.
Here is how you post your tips
Just give the school and the margin in each game.
Example

Kings +6
Shore +24
Joeys +1

Then will enter into my tips record.
BTW....10 spaces left! Get in quick if you want to join.

Prize for 2024?
Lunch with Joker. My treat

GIF- Joker eating.gif

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
by scores available it would appear that Joeys highest winning opens side was the 12ths. 4ths drew and all opthers lost albeit largely against sides that were higher ranked (ie: 5ths v 3rds, 4ths v 2nds).
Although “higher ranked “ is very much in a subjective thing. Given that Joeys have 12 or 13 open teams and Aug have 5 and Oakhill have 6 most of those games would be pretty evenly matched. From what I’ve heard no blow outs.
I think Joeys 16A and 15A beat Oakhill 16A and 15A, while Aug 14A and 13A beat Joeys 14A and 13A.
Probably where it is a little tough on Joeys is where their age group B teams have to play an Aug or Oakhill A team.
From what I can see across the 3 associations is that the A teams of those schools which run a good rugby program are fairly evenly matched. But most of the GPS schools have much greater depth than most CAS and all of the ISA schools.
I find these cross association games to be very good, particularly as these days the schools seem to be ensuring that they play evenly matched fixtures.

Hippo

Frank Nicholson (4)
I’m not sure the first part of this statement is correct….. 10 out of 15 players today are year 12.
It was 9 year 12s, 5 year 11s and 1 year 10. They were also missing 2 regular year 11s. 3 of the 9 year 12s are also ‘under 17’. I think the point trying to be made was that the ‘under 18’ year 12s have come up against strong sides over the years.

The Chairman

Bob Loudon (25)
Here we go....

View attachment 18859

Team on the left is the home team.
Here is how you post your tips
Just give the school and the margin in each game.
Example

Kings +6
Shore +24
Joeys +1

Then will enter into my tips record.
BTW....10 spaces left! Get in quick if you want to join.

Prize for 2024?
Lunch with Joker. My treat

View attachment 18860
Game of the round must be King’s vs Scots at SIRC. Scots have had mixed results, King’s seem to be in good form but Scots still the favourites. Backing the bees for this one though.