• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Here we go....

1715504985063.png

Team on the left is the home team.
Here is how you post your tips
Just give the school and the margin in each game.
Example

Kings +6
Shore +24
Joeys +1

Then will enter into my tips record.
BTW....10 spaces left! Get in quick if you want to join.

Prize for 2024?
Lunch with Joker. My treat

GIF- Joker eating.gif

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
by scores available it would appear that Joeys highest winning opens side was the 12ths. 4ths drew and all opthers lost albeit largely against sides that were higher ranked (ie: 5ths v 3rds, 4ths v 2nds).
Although “higher ranked “ is very much in a subjective thing. Given that Joeys have 12 or 13 open teams and Aug have 5 and Oakhill have 6 most of those games would be pretty evenly matched. From what I’ve heard no blow outs.
I think Joeys 16A and 15A beat Oakhill 16A and 15A, while Aug 14A and 13A beat Joeys 14A and 13A.
Probably where it is a little tough on Joeys is where their age group B teams have to play an Aug or Oakhill A team.
From what I can see across the 3 associations is that the A teams of those schools which run a good rugby program are fairly evenly matched. But most of the GPS schools have much greater depth than most CAS and all of the ISA schools.
I find these cross association games to be very good, particularly as these days the schools seem to be ensuring that they play evenly matched fixtures.

Hippo

Frank Nicholson (4)
I’m not sure the first part of this statement is correct….. 10 out of 15 players today are year 12.
It was 9 year 12s, 5 year 11s and 1 year 10. They were also missing 2 regular year 11s. 3 of the 9 year 12s are also ‘under 17’. I think the point trying to be made was that the ‘under 18’ year 12s have come up against strong sides over the years.

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
Here we go....

View attachment 18859

Example

Kings +6
Shore +24
Joeys +1

Prize for 2024?

View attachment 18860
Game of the round must be King’s vs Scots at SIRC. Scots have had mixed results, King’s seem to be in good form but Scots still the favourites. Backing the bees for this one though.

TheMaulester

Ward Prentice (10)
Here we go....

View attachment 18859

Example

Kings +6
Shore +24
Joeys +1

Prize for 2024?

View attachment 18860
Scots 5+
Shore 14+
Newington 3+

Last edited:

ItsNotPink

Alfred Walker (16)
3rd XV Trial 2 Report
Only four matches played on the weekend due to the adverse weather so still hard to predict the form leading up to the 3rd XV competition starting on 1 June.

St Augustines 2nd XV 10 d Joeys 3rd XV 7
I have always believed that playing teams of a higher grade in trials is excellent preparation for competition, and this match was the perfect example. A close contest in the wet with only three points the difference. While Joeys would be disappointed to lose this one they will front up well for future matches as they prepare for the season proper.

Scots 5th XV 27 d St Stanislaus 3rd XV 0
A good win to Scots 5ths while their 3rds played Scots All Saints. I think Scots will be starting the competition with some confidence in defending the premiership they won in 2023.

Shore 3th XV 12 d Knox 3rd XV 8
A good start to the season for Shore demonstrating that talk of improved depth at Shore is not just a rumour. Perhaps this is the year for Shore to make their presence felt in the 3rd XV competition.

Shore 4th XV 29 d High 1st XV 0
This result does not augur well for High in the upcoming competition. It has been recognised that their program has improved and strengthened in recent years and let's hope that's the case - they will be playing tougher teams than Shore's 4ths during this season.

A number of cracking trials next week as View host Shore, Scots host Kings, New host Joeys, Grammar host Pius and Oakhill host High.

INP

Last edited:

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
Few things to clear up...

Firstly, @Joker please count me in for the tipping comp, my tips are Scots +5, Shore +20, Newington +3. Cheers.

Scots 3rd XV 27 d St Stanislaus 3rd XV 0
I am not certain that this was 3rd XV v 3rd XV - someone else might know. A good win to Scots and I think they will be starting the competition with some confidence in defending the premiership they won in 2023.
Secondly, Scots 3rd XV was not playing Stannies 3rd XV, it was Scots 5XV, Scots 3rds played Scots All Saints

Lastly, Scots seconds & firsts were not real teams. Players like Toby Brial, Leo Jaques, Charlie Ulcoq, etc (the senior players pretty much guaranteed a spot in firsts), were rested, giving players in the thirds, seconds and firsts a chance to show themselves. They also mixed around combinations to test things out. For example, Cody Clark (1XV prop) played first half in the seconds & second half in the firsts, Tom Sinclair (2XV flyhalf) played a half in the seconds and the firsts. Still, probably should've won by more, but I'm sure the players weren't really treating it as a real game.

Cheers,

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Auggies who couldn't beat Japanese high school teams are 6th?
Try again
Auggies who beat Joeys 1s? Ya must feel stupid after commenting this. Auggies were the better team on the day. From what I've heard, it was 31-14 Auggies way at a point. Are we seeing a steady growth in ISA schools and the players they produce? Are they catching up? Time will tell.

@Joker count me in for tipping comp please, should be an interesting year this year in GPS, H&M schedule proves it.

Top Bottom