• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Leave my boats behind

Frank Nicholson (4)
Merry Christmas, as a present I will give you my GPS 1st XV prediction, love to hear opinions as I am interested and will help the forum

1. Jacobs (S)
2. Phillips (I)
3. Duddy (S)
4. Fonua (K)
5. Greer (J)
6. Cleverley (N)
7. Le Maître (E)
8. Brial CAPTAIN (S)
9. Grover (I)
10. Fowler (J)
11. Hartman (I)
12. Conick (E)
13. Jacques (S)
14. Gow (S)
15. Bassingthwaite (E)

HM

Warner (e)
Baxter (e)
Fenwickle (K)
Baker (K)
Graham (I)
Mason (I)
Segimier (J)

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Think you’ve picked a good side.

Just have to wait and see who the bolter is.

That’s your side so I’m not going to say who should/shouldn’t be in there but IMO Large will be up there for GPS 1sts.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
He’s signed to wests tigers
Since when does this come into GPS selections? Bassingthwaite is signed with the Roosters. Fittler (Roosters) and LeMaitre (Souths) were both selected this year, while under contract with their clubs.

for what it's worth I'd go

9. Grover
10. Rodwell
11. Makasini
12. Large
13. Fittler
14. Bassingthwaite
15. Jaques

Last edited:

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
1703737268096.png

Last edited:

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyone know of any trial fixtures?
Was going to ask when schools released schedules, Scots typically get fixtures out by early term 1, hope to see some CAS VS GPS trials this year, Scots vs Waverley always a great fixture which hasn't been played since 2018, Scots VS Knox has also produced some memorable matches, the 2 Scottish schools in Sydney. Double Bagpipes

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Was going to ask when schools released schedules, Scots typically get fixtures out by early term 1, hope to see some CAS VS GPS trials this year, Scots vs Waverley always a great fixture which hasn't been played since 2018, Scots VS Knox has also produced some memorable matches, the 2 Scottish schools in Sydney. Double Bagpipes
Scots play two trial games. Game 1 V Stannies and game 2 V Barker.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
2018 Scots v Waves one of the favourite schoolboy games of all time. Classic rivalry, coupled with heaps of big names in both teams that day.

Go getyerselfalife has a good recording of it on YT.

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
These rules will only increase concussions. Having worked at NRL clubs the doctors data showed most concussions resulted from the tacklers head hitting the ball runners hips or knees. Concussions from actual contact from tackler’s arms to the ball runners head was a small percentage. The lower you force the tackler to target the more the ball runner will use hips, knees and arm/elbows to break the tackle. Rules are an absolute joke

InsiderScoop

Chris McKivat (8)
Merry Christmas, as a present I will give you my GPS 1st XV prediction, love to hear opinions as I am interested and will help the forum

1. Jacobs (S)
2. Phillips (I)
3. Duddy (S)
4. Fonua (K)
5. Greer (J)
6. Cleverley (N)
7. Le Maître (E)
8. Brial CAPTAIN (S)
9. Grover (I)
10. Fowler (J)
11. Hartman (I)
12. Conick (E)
13. Jacques (S)
14. Gow (S)
15. Bassingthwaite (E)

HM

Warner (e)
Baxter (e)
Fenwickle (K)
Baker (K)
Graham (I)
Mason (I)
Segimier (J)
I’d throw in second row Phoenix Graham (I) very tough player who is having a big preseason. Further flanker Johannas Logan (J) who proved last year he’s a top 1st XV player.
Don’t know how they’d make room for Logan with that gun back row. Shame both flankers have the name ahead of him.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
These rules will only increase concussions. Having worked at NRL clubs the doctors data showed most concussions resulted from the tacklers head hitting the ball runners hips or knees. Concussions from actual contact from tackler’s arms to the ball runners head was a small percentage. The lower you force the tackler to target the more the ball runner will use hips, knees and arm/elbows to break the tackle. Rules are an absolute joke
The data from the trial says the opposite:

64% reduction in head on head contact
23% reduction in concussion

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)

Trial showed a reduction in concussions. Can't compare rugby league to rugby union when rugby league never teaches good tackle tecnhique.

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
2024 the year to win. Can someone please submit a link to the draw for all teams, can’t seem to find it on the GPS website. Sorry for my lack of posts as of recently, been enjoying a nice holiday.
-Professor